Home Forums Bike Forum Fox Float 32 convert from remote to fork crown adjustment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox Float 32 convert from remote to fork crown adjustment
  • cframe
    Free Member

Evening all,

I’ve got a Fox Float 32 from last year which came with the remote adjust lever however I’ve never really been a fan of it (ran without it fitted for the longest time as I’d not found it in the packing!) and am considering replacing it with the 3 position lever on the fork crown.

Can this be done without sending the fork away? Also, where would I even start looking to try and get the necessary parts?

Also, if you’d recommend just sticking with the remote lever please let me know why, I’m open to being persuaded into keeping it!

Cheers!

otsdr
    Free Member

I’m not sure if there was a Float 32 model in 2017, but the switch to a crown lever is quite easy to make. Until someone makes a very small button that wirelessly operates the lockout, I think a crown mounted lever is the best option. The part should look like this:

https://www.bike24.com/p2157673.html

https://www.bike24.com/p2183992.html

cframe
    Free Member

@otsdr ah fantastic thanks for the links! You were right, it was a 2016 model Float 32 Performance Elite with the FIT4 damper, no idea if it had/has the open mode adjust as well tho…

Were you not a fan of the bar mounted lever?

otsdr
    Free Member

I only use the lockout rarely and I prefer the cleaner looks of a crown lever.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Fox 34 fork: came with the remote (one of these winter sale things. 200 GBP or so).

Ordered the crown lever – which is crazy expensive – and mounted this lever.

The lever fits but the crown lever doesn’t stay in the position. When biking the lever slowly turns into one ot the other direction which is mess. Added some crazy rubber band thing to hold the lever in “open” or in “close”.

I asked the company which sold me the crown lever to contact Fox about this. And the answer from Fox: for this Fox 34 fork the crown lever doesn’t really work…- this is a known problem.

With the remote: mounts onto a small hex pin. And this pin moves in and out when turning – like a screw.

The crown lever fits onto this hex pin. That’s o.k.. But the function (clamping) is different.

Fox offered me to pay around 250 GBP for some conversion kit (hahah! More than what I paid for the fork!).

In other words: I stay with my rubber band fix. I hate these remote things – won’t go back to the remote.

In other words: at least for my 34 fork this modification isn’t easy.

It’s not only the “knob” …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float 32 convert from remote to fork crown adjustment’ is closed to new replies.