Home Forums Bike Forum fork setup advice, bomber 66 sl 06

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • fork setup advice, bomber 66 sl 06
  • slowrider
    Free Member

hey all,

my brother has just got hold of a pair of 66 sl's from 06. ive downloaded the manual but to be honest its a case of information overload. the rebound/compression are self explanatory, its the 4 (4!) air chambers that im a bit baffled by, what does what? whats a good pressure to start at for someone around 12st? does he need a special pump or just an adaptor for a normal shock pump?

thanks very much!

mieszko
    Free Member

I remeber trying to set that up 🙂 You will need the shock pump adaptor (around 5-6 ponds in a bike shop). I would't bother with setting the bottom out valve pressure (valve on the bottom) and just leave it as it is. The other leg with two valves is a positive and negative, You can adjust the travel with the negative valve. The best way to set up any suspension is experimenting as the pressure tables from the manufacturer can be a bit different to what someone else prefers. The 66sl is pretty easy to set up really, just set the positive air spring until it feels ok, than adjust negative spring so that the fork will have the travel You want (or just pump it up for some sag if You want to run it at full travel. It was some time ago I was adjusting it for a friend but I think that the other leg has a normal air spring so You can run both at lower pressures. Just play with the pressures a bit, don't pump it silly hard and see what does what and pumping which valve makes what difference (plus make a note of which valve and what pressure You are running when You get it right).

slowrider
    Free Member

ta very much, ill go find an adaptor and get started…

Dylan08
    Free Member

Ive emailed you buddy!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘fork setup advice, bomber 66 sl 06’ is closed to new replies.