Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • For "Tory Scum" fans everywhere.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

you must feel so proud…can you progress to taking sweet from kids in the real world?

Thatcher casues debate on STW …you are a genius we are not worthy of your sterling efforts to provide gentle debate

I am SSSSSOOOOOOOO happy we have provided sufficient posts for you to retain your smugness whilst giving yourself a mental boner and at just how awesome you are.

I just wish I had the brains to work out what topics get debated on STW….. and could start them to show just how clever and awesome I was

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Bless.

mt
    Free Member

Leave Gordon out of it, he was the best chancellor this country has ever had.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“Iron”, apparently, according to an impeccable source…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

because it paints the view that the country was pretty screwed up before thatcher got in, which is pretty much against the picture you are trying to paint.

You need to stick to facts mate, not make stuff up to suit your agenda.

The UK was screwed up before Thatcher’s premiership, I am hardly going to suggest otherwise. Average growth in the 1970s iirc was 2.4%, mass unemployment had rocketed to 1.5 million, there was widespread resentment at totally unjustified government wages policies, and so on.

Thatcher, like a true Tory, managed to make a bad situation worse, much worse. Exactly the same thing is happening now, ie, no one can pretend that the present Tory government inherited a particularly healthy economy, despite taking over an economy in growth, but they have now made the situation even worse and the UK is back in recession.

Of course none of this actually matters to the present government because like Thatcher, however much they screw up the economy won’t matter, as they will have achieved what they intended to achieve.

mt
    Free Member

“Of course none of this actually matters to the present government because like Thatcher, however much they screw up the economy won’t matter, as they will have achieved what they intended to achieve”.

which is? just so I know as I thought they did not have a clue.

tonyd

I’d just like to congratulate Mr Woppit, well done sir.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

which is? just so I know as I thought they did not have a clue.

😕 Really ? You need to ask ?

Redistribution and consolidation of wealth in their favour, and away from ordinary working people. Or did you think they wanted to shift wealth away from themselves and towards ordinary people ? 😀

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

So does that make Jimmy Carr and Take that ‘one of them’ or ‘ordinary people’?

How about (your mate) Ken Livingstone and David Milipede?

I’m left wondering how redistributing money away from these millionaire ‘ordinary working people’ by making them pay their taxes fits in with the narrative Ernest 😕

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Thatcher, like a true Tory, managed to make a bad situation worse, much worse

in your opinion…

In 1979 growth was around 2% and was 4-5% by 1987.

Inflation was about 13% in 1979, down to 4% in 1987.

In 1979 we had the ‘Winter of Discontent’, we had been bailed out by the IMF a few years earlier, the government was borrowing £8.5 billion a year and debt was nearly 44% of GDP.

Debt was down to 28% of GDP with a surplus of £6 billion by 1990.

Plus those pesky unions had been put in their rightful place.

tonyd

I’d also like to add:

despite taking over an economy in growth

Was that the <1% growth that the Bank of England p!ssed £200,000,000,000 generating?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In 1979 growth was around 2% and was 4-5% by 1987.

Brilliant. You pluck one arbitrary year out from the 1970s, and then another completely arbitrary year from the 1980s…….just to make your point ! 😀

Average growth in the 1980s under Thatcher was exactly the same as average growth in the 1970s.

As I said……..you need to stick to facts, not make stuff up to suit your agenda.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

tonyd – Member

I’d also like to add:

You’d like to add that the UK economy wasn’t in recession when this present government took over, but now is ? Yeah I think most people probably realise that. Or perhaps not ?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Brilliant. You pluck one arbitrary year out from the 1970s, and then another completely arbitrary year from the 1980s…….just to make your point !

Arbitrary years – 1979 was her first election and 1987 her third.

And 1990 was when she resigned.

Average growth doesn’t matter much when you are racking up debt and have to be bailed out to support it.

not make stuff up to suit your agenda.

I haven’t – that’s clearly a job you are better at.

tonyd

Come on Ernie, do you seriously believe that with an election coming up we’d have done anything but come out of recession? In reality we never left it, the books were cooked. So when the next election is due and those Evil Tories stop eating babies for long enough to do the same will you be celebrating a return to growth or accusing them of trying to buy votes?

Your opinions and views are clearly poles apart from mine so I’d rather just avoid getting drawn into this any further if it’s all the same to you.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Your opinions and views are clearly poles apart from mine

and most sane people ?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I wonder how many more decades it will take for us to recover from her mismanagement of the country.

Ah yes, selling of our houses for half price allowing scrotes to take a huge leap up the housing ladder and ruin some area that previously would have been beyond their means. Yes, I think most of us Conservatives will never forgive her for that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

thinks better of it on reflection

Cheers Whoppster I accept your blessing …..glad you have some faith 😛

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the books were cooked

Absolutely priceless ….. what a little beauty !

When the facts are a tad inconvenient just get round that by claiming that the “books were cooked” – that should work !

Hopefully.

Well ….. it’s got to be worth a punt anyway 😀

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I wonder how many more decades it will take for us to recover from her mismanagement of the country.

I know – what horrific mismanagement Ernie:

(PPP takes into account the relative cost of living and the inflation rates of the countries)

I’m still waiting to hear your explanation of how Thatcher managed to create global recessions (IMF Definition) in the 80’s and 90’s Ernie

Junkyard
    Free Member

can i see those graphs from 1945 to the present day please …it must be blindingly obvious what period was thatcher doing her wonderous work iven how good they look. [ should keep you busy googling]

its not like you would present information to make your case look good now is it? So lets see it all please as we need to see how much better she was …that requires some comparisons obviously.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Sorry, I thought the issue was Thatchers economic mismanagement.

If you want to dispute the figures, do your own legwork 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I wonder what was happening before Thatcher, let’s have a look shall we ?

Oh so it had been falling for decades and actually flatten out when Thatcher became PM in the 1980s.

Quite an achievement that eh ?

donsimon
    Free Member

its not like you would present information to make your case look good now is it?

That wouldn’t be cricket, would it? Where have I seen this tactic before?

yossarian
    Free Member

Those graphs don’t tell the story of an entire generation of working class people who were plunged into a spiral of poverty that still affects entire communities today.

How do you reckon she balanced the books? By printing more money?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Those graphs don’t tell the story of an entire generation of working class people who were plunged into a spiral of poverty that still affects entire communities today.

Should have got on their bikes then, shouldn’t they?

I know dozens of Eastern Europeans who moved halfway across Europe to get out of a spiral of property – they didn’t sit at home blaming Thatcher for ending the cold war, did they 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

BTW Z-11 :

I know – what horrific mismanagement Ernie:

I wasn’t me who said said it so you were replying to the wrong person.

Accuracy, attention to detail, and facts, aren’t your strongest points, are they ?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSHaCzb3yYk[/video]

I’m still waiting to hear your explanation of how Thatcher managed to create global recessions (IMF Definition) in the 80’s and 90’s Ernie

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

As TJ would say – Answer the Question!

As a general rule I don’t answer any of your questions nor do I generally read your posts if they are more than about 3 sentences long.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Oh, is that your bat and ball you’re taking home with you Ernie 😥

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you want to dispute the figures, do your own legwork

I am not disputing the figures I just need something to compare/evaluate them against or they are pointless. your reluctance to do so is all we need to know…I mean not even you want to try so i must be on to something eh

steffybhoy
    Free Member

Debt was down to 28% of GDP with a surplus of £6 billion by 1990.

Er, North sea oil would’nt have helped any then?
    Or was that just used to pay unempleyment benefit to the miners and steelworkers?

Or or, bankroll the yuppie culture?

Tories = GREED!

zimbo
    Free Member

This is all getting a bit heavy, let’s have another sing song…

redthunder
    Free Member

I liked it 🙂

But I preferred Die Hard 4.

yossarian
    Free Member

Should have got on their bikes then, shouldn’t they?
    I know dozens of Eastern Europeans who moved halfway across Europe to get out of a spiral of property – they didn’t sit at home blaming Thatcher for ending the cold war, did they

Spoken like a true vampire.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I thought Jim Broadbent was really good as the ghost of Dennis, but the actor playing “Michael Foot” could have done with a bit more swivel-eyed twitch and spittle…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Did they not invite you to audition 😆

slimjim78
    Free Member

Tories = GREED!

and your point?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

and your point?

Well I’m guessing his point might be that Tories are by definition greed personified.

Obviously most people are fully aware of that…..was that the point you were making by asking what his point was ?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘For "Tory Scum" fans everywhere.’ is closed to new replies.