Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Good beer festivals?
  • ton

good beer festival near you?
    please post where and when.

alfabus
    Free Member

Frocester beer festival is supposed to be very good. Its at the end of August, and normally clashes with my summer trip to the alps, so I haven’t been.

Dave

ahwiles
    Free Member

(nowhere near me) keswick.

i don’t really need to go to beer festivals, i live in sheffield, i’m surrounded by lovely small breweries.

rewski
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just up the road in Pimlico, and every single night…..

http://www.caskpubandkitchen.com/

Garry_Lager

Stockport beer festival is meant to be a big deal round these parts. Weekend of 31 May.

allthepies
    Free Member

Farnham Beerex, kicks off this Thursday 🙂

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farnham_Beer_Exhibition

speaker2animals

Garry Lager – braggart!

Great British Beer Festival? Londinium, Aug 7-11 Olympia. Hopefully by then the post Games dead will have been removed from the streets.

Crag
    Free Member

Went to Dent Beer & Music festival last year. Lashed it down all weekend but still a top do.

Houns

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stourbridge-beer-festival

Stourbridge, this week. Sadly don’t think I’ll be going as on anti biotics 🙁

bigsi
    Free Member

Great British Beer Festival 7-11th August @ Olympia. Worth the trip from the south coast this year so I’ll be there on the Thursday.

Sussex beer festival @ Hove town hall on 8th – 10th March was great this year as it always is

Amberley beer Festival just outside Arundel was lovely last year as its held in an open air museum & the weather was fantasitc, as was the BBQ. This year its on the 30th Aug – 1st Sept.

Quite a few of the local pubs round here do one once a year plus we have got some great pubs in Brighton including Cask Pub & Kitchen, The Evening Star, The Black Dove & The Brew Tap 😛

Del

Tucker Maltings in newton abbot last week. full to the brim with luverly beers ( ~100 ).

Houns, you can drink on all but a few antibiotics i understand. check with a medical professional.

Clobber
    Free Member

Peterborough is a big one!

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

Bath in a week and a half

Nick

The Bishops Castle Beer Festival looks good, I’ve never been but may manage it this year, right in between good riding bits of England and Wales

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/beerfestival/showfestival.php?id=1617

ski
    Free Member

Worcester CAMRA 13th Beer, Cider & Perry Festival

16 – 18 August 2012

http://www.worcesterbeerfest.org.uk/

very busy on Fri/Sat.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

All in the spitiual home of drunken moutain biking. Ulverston one is the best though (you may need to account for my bias, but it is pretty good).

6th to 9th April 2012 Beer Festival at the Red Lion, Sedbergh, with over 20 real ales and ciders.
    1st to 2nd June 2012 Keswick Beer Festival at Keswick Rugby Club, Keswick. Ticketed event run by Keswick Rugby Club and Keswick Lions Club.
    14th to 18th June 2012 Beer Festival at the Derby Arms, Witherslack.
    14th to 17th June 2012 Boot Beer Festival at the three pubs in Boot.
    22nd to 24th June 2012 Dentdale Music and Beer Festival, Dent.
    13th to 15th July 2012 Cider Weekend at the Prince of Wales, Foxfield.
    19th to 21st July 2012 Hawkshead Brewery Summer Beer Festival, The Beer Hall, Staveley. Details here.
    30th August to 1st September 2012 CAMRA Ulverston Beer Festival, The Coro, Ulverston. .
    6th to 9th September 2012 Silloth Music and Beer Festival, The Green, Silloth.
    5th to 7th October 2012 Broughton Festival of Beer, in the pubs of Broughton in Furness and Foxfield.
    10th to 13th October 2012 CAMRA 19th Westmorland Beer Festival, Town Hall, Kendal.
    1st to 3rd November 2012 CAMRA Carlisle Beer Festival, Hallmark Hotel, Carlisle.

ton

thestabiliser

you are a star mate……….beer festivals, in nice locations, to keep the Mrs happy. and with beer too…………. 8)

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ahh pleashzurrre…hic

snaps
    Free Member

Rail ‘n’ Ale is good, steam trains & beer on the edge of Exmoor.

madeinyorkshire
    Free Member

Thanks for the good routes thread tony. When you up for a canal ride up to Riverhead ?
    And theres a Beer festival in Roberttown on Saturday 28th July – BUT Ill be on hols.

rOcKeTdOg
    bigsi
    Free Member

You could do the GBBF at Olympia Tony & let the Mrs loose in the shops for a day. You’ll not really care about the amount of damage she’s done to the bank account when you stagger out 😉

therag
    Free Member

1st – 3rd June. & most bank holiday weekends.
    the Brynffynon
    Rhondda. S.Wales
    Beer & cider festival, live bands all weekend.
    It also happens to be at the highest point of our local ride !! 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Beer & steam trains

Bearded heaven

http://chappelbeerfestival.org.uk/

cooie

Bankes Arms Beer Festival, Studland, nr Swanage. 4 days in august, dates not announced yet,but could check here http://www.bankesarmsbeerfestival.com/ for updates.

Ian

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Not a beer festival but the Bath Ales Biking Bonanza involves cycling and a piss-up in a brewery. Met a few STWers there too.

gazc
    Free Member

Corbridge beer festival in June I think. Ride out from newcastle, drink beer, camp, ride home after brekky in the village 😀

messiah
    Free Member

Stonehaven Real Ale Festival is in November.

hambl90
    Free Member

Week long beer festival in Llanwrtwd wells in mid Wales in November with the added bonus of the real ale wobble the same week.

mattstreet

Sherfield-on-Loddon Beer Festival 22nd September.

Nice small beer festival with local ales. 😀

Will be giving Reading CAMRA Beer Festival a go next weekend too – have heard it can be quite bad on queues. And then looking forward to my lots ‘annual team building event’ at the GBBF too 🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

Oh i also forgot to mention Spin up in a Brewery – Genius

dropoff

Heres a good one and some great riding too 🙂

Porlock Weir beerfest

madeinyorkshire
    Free Member
    madeinyorkshire
    Free Member

RoberttownBeerBash
    Second attempt !

ton

Steve, thanks for the link.
    i know a few old soaks boys who might be up for a sip or 2 at that…. 😉

colournoise

+1 for Peterborough.

Biggest in the country outside the GBBF.

Week leading up to August Bank Holiday.

slainte 😯 rob

madeinyorkshire
    Free Member

tony im on hols at that date so when we riding up to Riverhead on Canal ?

Muke
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Good beer festivals?’ is closed to new replies.