Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • For "Tory Scum" fans everywhere.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Watched it. Loved it. Think you should watch it too.

“Shall I be mother?”

camo16
    Free Member

Personally, I prefer this one:

That ‘Maggie’s detected your presence and now you’re toast’ moment.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Best portrayal since

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daowQDHxFWc[/video]

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That ‘Maggie’s detected your presence and now you’re toast’ moment.

Is that a film?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Only two responses to a “Tory Scum” header?

Pffft. Fish not biting. 🙁

richc
    Free Member

I wonder how many more decades it will take for us to recover from her mismanagement of the country.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I wonder how many more decades it will take for us to recover from her mismanagement of the country.

it has taken less than it will to recover from Browns exploits…

Can no-one remember how screwed up this country was? They made Bob Crowe look sensible.

binners

They made Bob Crowe look sensible.

😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Can no-one remember how screwed up this country was?

No tell me………..how screwed up was it ?

joao3v16
    Free Member

I wonder how many more decades it will take for people to stop whanging on and on about how Thatcher broke everything.

Although considering footballists are still droning on about 1966, over 40 years after the event, then we’ve still got at least a couple of decades of Thatcher-resentment to tolerate.

🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That’s better. I thought it would only take about four-or-so responses to lose the point of the thread completely and start up the repetitive old head banging from the usual suspects again….

binners

Can we cut out the next 100 posts then, and cut to the Maggie film most of us would like to watch?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t4-zDem1Sk[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I wonder how many more decades it will take for people to stop whanging on and on about how Thatcher broke everything.

Well it’s her cheer leaders who keep banging on how she changed everything. Although I’m still waiting to be reminded of how screwed up the country was.

The Thatcher Revolution was either a success or not a success. Her greatest fans now want to pretend that it never happen. Presumably because the legacy of it is too horrendous to accept responsibility.

tonyd

I’d quite like to watch the film as I’m one of her biggest fans. Maggie rocks.

the-muffin-man

No tell me………..how screwed up was it ?

You need to watch the programmes about the 70’s that were shown on BBC2 recently…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01glsyl/episodes/guide

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is it Groundhog Day? Am sure this thread (or at least the entire present and future contents thereof) was done yesterday.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m one of her biggest fans.

Are you one of her fans who believes that we haven’t inherited anything from Thatcher because her government was a long time ago ?

Are you a Thatcher fan because she had no lasting affect on the country ?

binners

Or do you just fancy her?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You need to watch the programmes about the 70’s that were shown on BBC2 recently…

Did they mention that unemployment was half of what it was under Thatcher ?

Did they mention that wages was higher and the gap between rich and poor was smaller than it was under Thatcher ?

Did they mention that the tax burden was higher under Thatcher than in the 70s ?

Did they mention that government spending went up under Thatcher ?

Did they mention that satisfaction with the NHS and education was higher in the 70s ?

Did they mention that average growth in the 70s was the same as average growth in the 80s under Thatcher ?

Did they mention how Thatcher created one recession and laid the basis for another recession to kick in straight after she was sacked by her own party for being so unpopular with the British people ?

allthepies
    Free Member

And…we’re off.

konabunny
    Free Member

Only two responses to a “Tory Scum” header?

Pffft. Fish not biting.

Don’t worry, they bit in the end.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I think we need a STW version of Godwin’s Law. But instead of Hitler we need one for Maggie. Perhaps Cecil’s Law or Parky’s Law or Tebbits Law. Come to think of it we could have Ernie’s Law as he seems to have an obsession with the woman. Mentions her at every opportunity, has an archive of photos….a really scary, fetish/obsession!!!!

These threads and especially the original Tory Scum are brilliant entertainment and comedy genius. Relieved the dull moments in 1H of the footie last night for sure. Thanks all for the brilliant contributions.

So Cecil’s Law or Enrie’s Law….hmmmm, they both have a ring about them! 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

I work in Barnsley. They reclassified this film as an 18.

Not suitable for miners…

Coat, got

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not sure you get ernie humour tbh

he ha sconsistently complained abiout the personlisation of politics and how it stupid for folk to demonise Thatcher or Tories after all folk voted for her

It would be a travesty to call it after him

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

thm, if anyone around here has a fetish concerning Maggie…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

JY- just having a laugh!! But good old Ernie brings her up more than anyone else on STW – it is his secret pleasure in a tormented kind of way (IMO) 😉

DD – frankly I cant see what the fuss is either way. As I have said countless times, she did half of what both her supporters and detractors claimed – so the whole myth is simply that, far more than reality (again IMO). Personally I think she did some good things and made mistakes – that’s the joy of not being tied to party politics, you can take things at face value (and facts!) instead of hiding behind political dogma 😉

On balance JY- you’re right, lets go for Cecil’s Law!

sbodle
    Free Member

Yeah like the legacy post Brown is so great! I am a Tory voter, and dont agree with everything they are doing but are Labour currently a credible alternative, I think not. Are people really so far up their arse to describe someone as scum because they have a different point of view? I wasnt going to bother replying as the thread is designed to get people to bite but the phrase ‘Tory Scum’ keeps appearing from the same ignorant idiots. Grow up.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But good old Ernie brings her up more than anyone else on STW – it is his secret pleasure in a tormented kind of way (IMO)

He doesn’t.

How many times do you have to be told?

TheSanityAssassin

Why the funk would anyone who lived through that cruel bitches reign want to watch a film to be reminded of it? That’s self-harm, that is…
    😕

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Do you guys have dual logins? I don’t have to be told anything – merely observe over time. People often like to deny their hidden pleasures – first sign of addiction!! Plus DD, it was a joke FGS. 😉

Anyway, back to lurking on these comedy threads. Not the place for sensible debate. Better still, the sun is shining…better off on the bike.

yossarian
    Free Member

thatcher is memorable because she tapped into into people’s fear and greed and made it rewarding not to care about your neighbour. In many ways she changed the psyche of our nation almost permanently. Thats no mean feat and one that we will need another century to undo.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Plus DD, it was a joke FGS.

Ah, the teamhurtmore defence. As your poster boy would say, Calm down dear. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cecil’s Law!

Shag your secretary, deny it , never see the child [ what a ****] get your Tory chums to drag the mother through the gutter, get an injunction and return to power and high standing within the Tory party when you have sat in the naughty step for long enough

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1380529/The-only-promise-Cecil-Parkinson-ever-kept-never-to-see-his-daughter.html

That should be a **** law

See also Mandy’s law [ for balance like]

I am a Tory voter, and dont agree with everything they are doing but are Labour currently a credible alternative, I think not.

Really so you vote tory and theones you dont vote for you think are not credible…..wow I dont eat crisp flavours I dont like as I think they taste yucky …what about you?

Of course not all Tories are Scum but Cecil was and is

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Here’s a summary for ernie to argue against:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/modern/thatcherism_01.shtml

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Did they mention how Thatcher created one recession and laid the basis for another recession

I’m Impressed Ernie – Thatcher actually created global recession.

The world economy was been in recession 1980-83 & 1990-93.

Pretty impressive stuff, she must have been even more powerful than Gordon Brownwhen he saved the world

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5stftd5qv3M[/video]

zimbo
    Free Member

Over to the great Pete Wylie…all sing along nicely now…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What’s so great about him? Whining scouser…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Here’s a summary for ernie to argue against

Why would I argue against it ? ……. a quick glance suggests that it’s a very fair analyses. Nicely summed up here :

Surveys showed limited support for many of Thatcher’s values. Professor Ivor Crewe’s ‘The Crusade that Failed’ noted the lack of support for Thatcher’s policies on ‘tax-and-spend’ and replacing the dependency culture with an enterprise culture. And there was greater approval for a more equal society and for social and collective provision of welfare as against Thatcher’s vision of people looking after themselves. [/i]

Why would I want to argue against that ffs ? 🙂

Come to think of it we could have Ernie’s Law as he seems to have an obsession with the woman. Mentions her at every opportunity, has an archive of photos

Shock horror – Ernie mentions Thatcher on a thread about……….about…… THATCHER !!!

Did you notice how I managed to slip in a couple of posts about Thatcher onto this thread teamhurtmore? It’s almost as if I’ve got an obsession over the woman. And I seem to have forced other people to post photos of her despite me not posting any myself……cunning or what ?

Your problem teamhurtmore has nothing at all to do with me talking about Thatcher, you would be more than happy if I sung her praises and told everyone what a great gal Maggie was. Your problem stems from the fact that I consistently and repeatedly expose the myths surrounding Thatcher for what they are – myths.

You would rather I shut up and didn’t mention the fact that Thatcher increased the UK tax burden, increased public spending, doubled unemployment, achieved no higher levels of growth than the 1970s, etc, etc.

But that’s kinda tough, because whilst people like you continue to tell lies about Thatcher, then I reserve the right to tell the truth about her 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Why would I want to argue against that ffs ?

because it paints the view that the country was pretty screwed up before thatcher got in, which is pretty much against the picture you are trying to paint.

Britain was often described as the ‘sick man of Europe’. The targets for blame included: failure to invest in new plant and machinery; restrictive working practices and outdated attitudes on the shop floor (‘us and them’); amateurish management; loss of markets; and rise of competition.

It seemed that the UK was ungovernable and that no government had an answer to inflation.

Britain appeared to be the weak link in the international liberal capitalist economic system, plagued by high inflation, low growth and irresponsible trade union power.

zimbo
    Free Member

What’s so great about him? Whining scouser…

Well, there’s “The Story of the Blues” and the fact that he’s not a whining Tory. That’s a good start.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘For "Tory Scum" fans everywhere.’ is closed to new replies.