Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 153 total)
  • [Fashionadvicetrackworld] Belt under or over the rear leather patch on jeans?
  • slowoldman

The Clarkson look has very little to do with his jeans. Its more to do with the patterned shirts and sports jacket.

No, it’s more to do with his gut.

razorrazoo

Genuine question for the anti denim brigade, what casual trousers are acceptable for a 30+ gent in your view?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Under the patch. Why would you put it over? As for not being able to buy jeans with this facility, my Alpkit ones I’m currently wearing can and have a rather nice patch too.

fasthaggis

Genuine question for the anti denim brigade, what casual trousers are acceptable for a 30+ gent in your view?

Ignore the denim haters,don’t be shy,go big,go double. 🙂

Double Denim

Drac

Grey or beige chinos, shorts or walking trousers.

MrSmith
    Free Member

anything from Loro Piana should suffice.

razorrazoo

anything from Loro Piana should suffice.

I don’t own a Ferrari and a yacht.

Grey or beige chinos, shorts or walking trousers

Slim fit flat front chinos are for work. Shorts are for summer. Walking trousers, I’m sure are great for walking And my mum. Nothing to convince me to ditch my jeans there.

tjagain

depends on what you are doing. Black proper trousers is my usual. ( pleat front if possible so they drape properly over my mighty thighs). Chinos for casual, Walking trousers for doing stuff.

Haven’t worn jeans since my early 20s. Now 59

Also – no collared shirts apart from polo shirts unless you are wearing a tie. Shirts to be tucked in. Polished shoes

funkmasterp

As opposed to untucked, and looking like a year 8 school kid being rebellious.

Do you also have your wallet on a chain clipped to the belt loops and a Korn patch on your rucksac?

Ooh….somebody is very upset because they’ve just realised they look like Jeremy Clarkson. Bless, a wallet. You sit down for a bit and have a werthers.

razorrazoo

depends on what you are doing. Black proper trousers is my usual. ( pleat front if possible so they drape properly over my mighty thighs). Chinos for casual, Walking trousers for doing stuff.

Haven’t worn jeans since my early 20s. Now 59

Also – no collared shirts apart from polo shirts unless you are wearing a tie. Shirts to be tucked in. Polished shoes

Ah I get it, waiter chic!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Love a good STW fashion thread! 🥳🥳🥳

kayak23

Also – no collared shirts apart from polo shirts

Please tell me not with the collar turned up? And please not rugger shirts!?

My gf often says she’d like to punch men in the face who do that….  A bit extreme maybe but such is the emotion it stirs… 😉

funkmasterp

I’d agree with your girlfriend tbh.

Drac

Slim fit flat front chinos are for work.

Maybe if you own a wine bar then it’s with pink Ralph Lauren shirt and navy blue jumper draped over both shoulders with the arms tied together.

Oh and apparently there’s special shirts now for wearing untucked. 🙄

https://www.untuckit.com

tjagain

always fun Futon river crossing. One hopes one can educate a few tho 😉

funkmasterp

TJ – you do realise you’ve basically described the uniform of a fast food outlet worker. Well you’ve missed the hat I suppose 😄

MrSmith
    Free Member

Love a good STW fashion thread! 🥳🥳🥳

they don’t come much better.

whenever i watch top gear it’s not Clarkson who’s the sartorial horror show it’s the audience! you can’t beat a nice blouson rally jacket or a race team monogrammed polo tucked in over a paunch 👍

Futureboy77

Always over the patch.

Denim must be raw Japanese selvedge and broken in properly by leaving as long as possible before washing for creases and fades which actually match your body shape.

Quality denim with good footwear is a good look regardless of age.
    Cheap denim regardless of what footwear is worn is a rubbish look.

I once wore a pair of Evisu jeans costing £1200 pounds which were eventually sold to Beckham. Fun denim fact.

tjagain

fankmaster – nope nice quality trousers not cheap rubbish. Plain tee shirts no logo, bands or “funny” slogans. Plain brightly coloured polos.

ONly a shirt with collar if you are going to put a tie on ( bar the polo shirt)

Its the subtle differences that show the class!

funkmasterp

I once wore a pair of Evisu jeans costing £1200 pounds which were eventually sold to Beckham. Fun denim fact.

Not really a denim fact, more a strange brag. Did you try them on and then he bought them. Context!

Its the subtle differences that show the class

You can’t have the phrase show the class immediately preceded by Polo shirt and bright colours. That’s just not the way the world works TJ 😀

sc-xc

47. Jeans, polo, Harrington or mac. Cherry docs or gazelles,

I wear chinos or a suit for work. **** wearing work clothes when I’m out and about….

Poopscoop

Fake leather patch shown with pride on my George jeans.👍

db

Mid forties, gap jeans for work and play unless doing outdoorsy stuff.

Basically wear what you’re comfortable in and ignore other people’s views of what’s right and wrong, happiness does not lay in that direction.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Anyone who wears chinos outside of work (or even in work for that matter) is called Simon and works in IT.

sirromj

Over or under? Depends how much fumble drying the jeans have been through.

Curious about the views on roll neck sweaters?

Drac

Chino wearers.

slowoldman

66. 501s.

lunge

Chinos are fine for work but no way I’m wearing them outside that, bar a few smart-ish social things.

Jeans are fine, but need to be good jeans and well fitting. Unwashed Edwin ED-55 are my preferred option, ideally with a pair of vintage type trainers.

patagonian
    Free Member

Under.
    And the patch is there for a reason. Brand your initials into it so that when they go into the wash along with everyone elses in the bunkhouse you get your own pair back….. 🙂

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Slim fit plain front chinos are ok for work, but “walking trousers”… dear oh dear. And anything with zips to make shorts needs taking down the charity shop. Got fed up with random sizing of Levi’s. Rediscovered Replay after about 25 years and very pleased with the fit and quality.

Futureboy77

@funkmasterperp No brag involved, I just find it quite surreal.. I just worked in the one retailer who happened to have a pair in his size (the only pair in the country, which was also my size) so sent pics of me wearing them to his representative and he then bought them.

I worked enough in clothes shops to know there is no brag involved once you become aware of the mark up.

senorj

Over the patch.
    Unless you’ve bought LEE , then it has to go under . At least I did in 1984.:-)

v8ninety

I just want to clarify; are the people who are saying ‘raw Japanese selvedge’ being daily mash style ironic or are they serious? It’s all a bit ‘artisan coffee/log burners/overpriced watches‘ isn’t it?

Wear what you want; if you’re an over 40 male in a relationship nobody cares except you and possibly your kids and partner (in which case ask them, not us) what you’re wearing anyway 🙄😂

tjagain

boriselbrus

quite right – the man is a style icon. I have a range of shirts and jumpers in pink, lavender, cerise, fuchsia etc * bet you peasants don’t even know what those colours are!

I also have a taupe linen suit, some nice tweeds, a demob suit but no gray loafers and haven’t worn denim since the 80s

funkmasterp

shirts and jumpers in pink, lavender, cerise, fuchsia etc * bet you peasants don’t even know what those colours are!

Pink, they’re all kinda pink aren’t they? 😉

murdooverthehill

116 posts and not one mention of flares

hols2
    Free Member

I once wore a pair of Evisu jeans costing £1200 pounds which were eventually sold to Beckham.

null

BillMC

Over, Carharrt straight jeans combined, this time of the year, with a bit of Donegal tweed. 63

maccruiskeen

ONly a shirt with collar if you are going to put a tie on

I always wear a tie with pyjamas

fumble drying

Yes please.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘[Fashionadvicetrackworld] Belt under or over the rear leather patch on jeans?’ is closed to new replies.