Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)
  • FAO On One, re Pompetamine
  • daveplanetx
    Free Member

i think we already have a 135mm disc hub that might work fixed ,
    http://on-one.co.uk/i/q/HUOOQRDH/on-one-singlespeed-qr-disc-hub-36h-%28with-q-r%29

the forks should be available separately if thats what you mean , they wont be expensive

the bikes are going to be properly photographed tomorrow , by a real photographer that we are actually paying money to and not trying to swap parts for , so hopefully our web images will start to improve

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Fixed + rear brake = bad idea

Any 135mm disc hub will work fixed in the frame if you use a velosolo disc mount sproket. i ran one on my pro 2 hub till i decided it was a bad idea off road

simon1975

Dave, I wouldn't want to ride fixed without a lockring. I've had the Surly SS disc hub which has both threads but the design was flawed and it ate bearings for breakfast. So I thought MTFU and forget about the rear brake, and I bought On-one's excellent double-fixed 135mm hub (OK the axle's a bit short but you can't have everything) 🙂

Phil Wood's have done an interesting new double-disc hub for bolt-on track cogs but it looks like it's only in 120mm at the moment.

simon1975
    theflatboy
    Free Member

i like the look of that, si – may well have to get one of those though may just convert my old xt hub but will be freewheeling…

and dave, i like the look of the white – put one aside with my name on please!

simon1975

Chainline looks "interesting" on the Echo hub…

theflatboy
    Free Member

might i point this out:

WTB Laserdisc, Singlespeed Hub – £52

markenduro
    Free Member

you can but it is SS, not fixed 😆

theflatboy
    Free Member

it is – i meant for the value of the freewheeled hub, bolts and cog as opposed to the cost of converting my existing xt hub that had already been considered.

theflatboy
    Free Member

also, any more definite word on availability? it's my birthday in around 3 weeks… 🙂

orena45

[img]http://www.on-one.co.uk/files/imagelibrary/blog/pompetamine_alfine/pompetamine-2.jpg[/img]

Mmmm, looks nice!

theflatboy
    Free Member

they're taking bloody ages to arrive though, i'm in danger of talking myself out of it!

orena45

End of June/beginning of July innit?!

theflatboy
    Free Member

yeah they're saying beginning of july now apparently. taking a while, i spoke to them a couple of months back and they said about 6 weeks… still, as long as they turn up eventually!

stevedavid
    Free Member

i have been trying one of the pompetamine's out for a couple of weeks. this has to be the perfect comuter and all round bike. i am running it with alfine 8 speed and LX deore disc. i had a pompino before and think that their was nowt to beat it until i tried the pompetamine. i am going to do the hathersage hilly on it in july just to prove that it is an all round bike.

i will be the fat bloke at the back!

😀

Airwolf
    Free Member

So what is a Pompetamine anyway?

Is it like a blowjob on speed?

orena45
    jackthedog
    Free Member

Available from 26th June apparently

I thought they were here already. One was being ridden on the sheff FNR a fortnight ago.

willsimmons
    Free Member

Anyone who has seen one know if there is space for 35 C cross tyres and guards? Just thinking about an ultimate commuter and weekend cyclocross machine. Would be a faff removing mudguards!

markenduro
    Free Member

For the money not much else will come close. Will defo be getting one as i have most me the bits to build one up

disco_stu
    Free Member

can you get it as a complete bike or is it frame only?

orena45

disco stu – both although prices for complete bikes aren't up yet

theflatboy
    Free Member

hope there will be an intro offer price as promised, otherwise not sure i can get one at the mo 🙁

theflatboy
    Free Member

that's a shame – the suggestion a while back was that they'd be the same price as the normal pomp. apparently their being the same price is the intro offer.

orena45

Complete bike is up on the site now @ £799. Not a bad price I reckon!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

What size frame? : I'm 5'8" with 29" inside leg.

If I get one I'll have to sell my FSR 🙁

markenduro
    Free Member

Full bike is a bargain at that price with alfine. Have ordered frame and fork though as have most of the required parts except a bb to build one up in the garage.

theflatboy
    Free Member

probs going to get frame and fork and transfer bits from other pomp.

anyone know bottom bracket size? 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

anyone? i just need to know which of these to order:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17473

🙂

having said that, are there any decent and importantly cheap single ring isis cranks/ring setups i might consider while i'm doing the swap? cheap and good (the impossible dream!) is important here! (edit – or octalink, if an option)

theflatboy
    Free Member

anybody?

markenduro
    Free Member

most likely 68mm, you'll probably need wider spindle than you currently run unless your existing pomp is 135mm spaced.

RichPenny
    Free Member

£800? Oh dear 🙁

theflatboy
    Free Member

cheers mark – i will indeed be making the switch from 120 to 135 with this new one. i have realised in the last few days that i know basically nothing about bottom bracket sizes!

theflatboy
    Free Member

bloody annoying – they've put the dates back again

😡 😡 😡

orena45

Anyone got theirs yet?! I've not had a despatch confirmation and no txts from home to say anything

markenduro
    Free Member

Showing as in stock now but not heard anything yet….

dobo
    Free Member

What weight is the Pompetamine Frame? weight of forks would be good too? a thinking about a winter training, commuting cross bike!

simon1975

Ooh I just heard back from On-one:

Hi they only came in yesterday. All pompetamine orders will be fulfilled by the close of play tomorrow.

I built the back wheel last week, so I should have a disco pimpy Pompino by the end of Monday 🙂

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Hi they only came in yesterday. All pompetamine orders will be fulfilled by the close of play tomorrow

Handy, just ordered mine……

theflatboy
    Free Member

Just got despatch email for mine – I'm away from home for 2.5 weeks so it will be waiting for me when I get back!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘FAO On One, re Pompetamine’ is closed to new replies.