Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • FAO On One, re Pompetamine
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

In the mean time, of course, I expect to see people's build pics on here as and when they're done 🙂

markenduro
    Free Member

Should have mine delivered tomorrow if dpd perform to their usual standards, will be built by 6pm

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I'm holding out until Alfine 11 arrives, which should allow time to get together the rest of the bits, so pics will be a while…..

orena45

Same as Bristolbiker, mine's gonna be a long term build too. Am currently thinking I'll wait til Alfine 11 comes out so gives me plenty of time to get bits together.

For the record tho…I'm building mine up with a 2009 Brawn GP colour scheme, so I don't wanna see anything similar! 🙂

(Mark – hope you're gonna put some pics up on Facebook of your build or email some to me…looking forward to seeing yours!)

theflatboy
    Free Member

anyone got one yet?

markenduro
    Free Member

Mine has arrived. Just got to get out of work now and go build it. Forks look lovely

orena45

Status: Order held whilst awaiting stock – Your order is on hold whilst awaiting delivery of a missing item(s).

Don't know what the hold up is on my order as the web site is showing 'lots in stock' of the frame, fork and handlebars that I've ordered 😕

Blackhound

Mark: I need a 330 meeting with you so no sneaking off early;-)
    Andy: thought new addition to family would stop all this spending on bikes…..

orena45

Lol Kev! There's always money for bikes (just means we have to eat off bread and beans every day…it's a price I'm willing to pay) 😀

markenduro
    Free Member

He saved money by living in the shed.

theflatboy
    Free Member

😐

markenduro
    Free Member

Got mine almost built, well enough to go out for a ride on it anyway. There is a slight issue with the front fork in that it seems they have been designed for clearance to centrelock hubs only, nothing that using low profile bolts and a slight adjustment to the forks with an angle grinder couldn't sort out….
    It was built up out of the spares box. Just waiting on some decent bars (salsa bell laps and longer brake cable for the back brake and it is complete. There is enough room in the frame and fork for 42mm continental fighter 2 tyres which is slightly more than advertised. It rides fairly well but is not the lightest bike in the world.

A few more here

theflatboy
    Free Member

nice one, looks really good in the white too. can't wait to get my hands on mine. 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

anyone else got one they want to share with the class? mine's at home in a box, i won't get my hands on it for another week and a half 🙁

orena45

My parcel arrived today but opened it up to find a pair of Pompino forks in there and not the Pompetamine ones lol! Have to say I'm impressed with the quality of the finish of the frame, looks ace!

No pics though til it's finished, which isn't likely for several months 🙁

simon1975

I finally got my disco fork. Didn't bother with a new frame as I can't see any need for the rear brake for the sort of riding I do on it. Here it is with its shiny new wheelset, and loaded up for a bivvy trip this weekend:

OCB
    Free Member

Err, ok, I know I'm a recluse, and not really upto date with things, but is a disc fork on the Pompino a newish idea? I've been running mine with a PII fork (and 160mm BB7) for ages …

(Picture on request).

😉

simon1975

Well OCB I would've had the new disc frame too (for bigger tyres) if On-one had given us a decent discount on it's release…

OCB
    Free Member

Ahh, bigger tyre clearance too, I missed that bit.
    Oops …

theflatboy
    Free Member

i've got mine resplendent at home, haven't had a chance to build it up yet. the blue's very nice – a little bit paler than the previous version and looks great. looking forward to getting it up and running.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

OCB – you are not alone…. I was running bodged Deore mechanicals on P2 before the BB7 on DC19. Pompetamine frame arrived last week. Still waiting on a few bits to build it…….. liking the pics above – mine's white too 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

i also have a disc on my pompino via a peregrine fork that has done the business up til now. it's slightly longer than the pomp fork, though, so i've made the switch. well, i'm about to make the switch.

one slightly surprising omission i've just noticed, still pre-build, is that there's no cable guide on the top of the fork. bit annoying, have people just put a ziptie right round it?

robdob
    Free Member

I have an unused (well, fitted to a bike, ridden 200m in the dry then taken off) Kona Project 2 700c disc only forks, with low rider bosses, mudguard eyelets and really nice (and different, never seen before to me) subtle gold decals for sale.

Would go really nice on one of these frames.

firestarter
    Free Member

Rob what's the a to c on those mate also what's it measure between the legs for tyre clearance oh and steerer length and price too lol. Also ygm

Also anyone know the a to c on the new pomp disc forks and tyre clearance Ta

robdob
    Free Member

Didn't put price on as it isn't the classifieds. Don't have axle to crown length to hand but they were fitted to an Il Pompino fixed machine and looked ok to me. I'll reply to your email.

firestarter
    Free Member

Nice one thanks

robdob
    Free Member

Steerer length is, measured with very accurate instrumentation, MASSIVE! Fitted to an XL Pompino with a big stem and loads of spacers. I don't think it was even cut at all from new (selling for a friend).

theflatboy
    Free Member

the kitchen use that only occur when the other half's out at work:

DSC06623 by theflatboy, on Flickr

🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

hooray, all done and gleefully maiden run just completed in the rain. super stuff. have a pic (including a few forum favourites that i've yet to neaten up):

DSC06625 by theflatboy, on Flickr

markenduro
    Free Member

is that the camera angle or are those bars 12" wide?
    Nice rack, what is it?

orena45

Looks nice!

Still getting the parts together for mine – so far got: frame, fork, handlebar, disc brakes, headset and then also saddle and cranks to be donated from my current commuter.

Blackhound

Andy, email me with what you still need, I have various bits lying around you would be welcome to. (I have an unused rear wheel from an abandoned project but it is rim braked so no use to you)

theflatboy
    Free Member

mark, probably partly camera angle but the bars are moderately narrow as it's useful for the cheeky traffic gaps. think they're about 50cm wide.

the rack's a bontrager back rack ii, nice and solid with all sorts of heavy stuff transported on it no probs.

theflatboy
    Free Member

been out giving it a good workhorse going over today and love the double disc braking power – massive improvement on before, particularly in weather like this. fully laden with all sorts of shit and instant stopping power. happy days.

interesting fact – the chainstays are a tiny bit longer than before fact fans.

movingslowly
    Free Member

flatboy….I don't suppose that other pompino in the blurry photo is a 135mm spaced 54-56cm that you are planning on selling?

theflatboy
    Free Member

it's a large – can't remember what that is in cm – and that's exactly what it is. i've got everything that wasn't swapped over to the new one, ie. frame, fork, two wheels (rear is fixed one side freewheel other) and complete v-brakes front and rear. need to put it on and get rid of it. probably after around £160 for the whole lot. in the pic, it's got a peregrine fork on it that sam sold me and means it can run a disc on the front. would want £25 more than above for that fork instead of the pomp fork.

i'm in north london, let me know if you're interested.

movingslowly
    Free Member

flatboy..I've sent you an email.

theflatboy
    Free Member

if anyone else's interested the old one will be going on the classified at that price when i get round to taking the pics.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i have to admit to being intrigued by the steady flow of daily views the pictures above get to flickr from this thread! 😕 😆

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve been checking it out… My daughters pompetamine frame was dispatched today 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘FAO On One, re Pompetamine’ is closed to new replies.