Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fancy running a bike park? (Descend – Hamsterley)
  • dirkpitt74

Looks like Danny Harts lease is due to end on the bike park:

Hamsterley bike park concession tender
    Forestry England are currently tendering a concession opportunity to develop, maintain and operate an existing 10 hectare Bike Park in Hamsterley Forest, County Durham, due to expiry of the current licence. The site, currently known as Descend Bike Park, is an established advanced cycling destination with a network of downhill trails and features, with a 25 space car park, over-flow car park and space for built facilities and the operation of an minibus uplift service.
    Site visits are available to interested bidders from Wednesday 11 August to Friday 10 September. The deadline for submissions is: midday 24 September 2021.
    Access the tender to find out more. You need to register on the Delta e-tendering portal to access the documentation. https://www.delta-esourcing.com/delta/respondToList.html…
    For enquiries and support, prospective bidders can contact Sam.Harris@forestryengland.uk (Commercial Advisor).

Link to Hamsterley FB page

Wonder if DH will re-tender for the lease?

martinhutch

Page 7 of this:

Danny Hart ..where next

Who knows if any of that is true, but not the optimum time to piss off your landlord if so.

dirkpitt74

Yes remember reading on that thread that there had been some ‘issues’ between the park, BC & FC.

MoreCashThanDash

Plenty of experts on here think they know all about running bike parks/trail centres, I’m sure they’d relish the chance to do it for real.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Plenty of experts on here think they know all about running bike parks/trail centres, I’m sure they’d relish the chance to do it for real.

There’s a fair few of them that reckon they could run Afghanistan, how **** hard could a bike park be to them?! 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

There’s a fair few of them that reckon they could run Afghanistan, how **** hard could a bike park be to them?! 🙂

🤣

dc1988

If it’s the end of a lease I assume an open tender is necessary and Danny could still bid to keep the place

matt_outandabout

No wimmins in lycra and full beard for all riders?

(Too soon?)

Mugboo

Ha! nobeer I just spit my coffee allover my laptop, proper funny 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fancy running a bike park? (Descend – Hamsterley)’ is closed to new replies.