• This topic has 223 replies, 176 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jeffc.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 224 total)
  • Famous people you (sort of) know
  • andermt
    Free Member

ojom – Member
    I kinda know me and I’m kinda a big deal.

Also a second cousin to Paul Di Resta.

Used to mess around in Karting as a kid in the 80’s in Scotland but don’t remember Paul. Did know Dario Franchitti, Allan McNish and David Coulthard at the time.

Know Martin Donnelly nowadays.

nealglover
    Free Member

Also, I taught Timmy Mallet to ski.

I cut the legs of Elaine Paige’s stool unevenly on purpose, so it wobbled when she was on stage. She was very pissed off.

And I met Elton John at a wedding in Athens. I helped move his piano (didn’t go near his stool though!)

cokie

The Millyards, Theo Walcott, 11th inline of Brunei and a Nephew of Al Fayed.
    Do these count?

rocketman
    Free Member

The only famous person I (sort of) know is our local MTB Olympian who infrequently passes within inches of me in his black 4×4/company van on my way to/from the Chase

*waves*

gonzy
    Free Member

me and my mates went to glastonbury 97…we were parked next to a bunch of lads who got chatting to us. they asked if we had heard of Ocean Colour Scene to which we said “mate we’re into dance music and they sound like an indie band so they’re most probably sh*t”
    several hours later we were at the main stage when the said band got introduced to the crowd and cue our embarrassment when we recognised them as the lads from the car…

peteimpreza

“uphillcursing – Member

cheers_drive – Member

Dr Alice Roberts is a friend of a friend, we’ve talked a few times at parties.

Never mind all the Scarlet johansson crap in another thread. There is the winner right there!”

Burn the heretic now. Burn him!!

milky1980
    Free Member

If I had a choice between Johansson and Roberts (never going to happen but hey, it’s the internet!) I’d take Dr Roberts every time.

lunge

Lenny Henry used to stay very regularly at the hotel I used to work at, he was there so much that he used to come to staff parties (and the staff canteen was named after him). He was a nice a guy, very down to earth, loved a beer as well.

Related to that Dawn French used to stay with him, she was bloody horrible, used to look down her nose at the people who delivered her room service. Sarah Cox also stayed a few times, her room stank of weed when room service was delivered.

I used to run with (and regularly beat) Mark Lewis-Francis, I got fat and disinterested, he got an Olympic medal.

More tenuously, my uncle works for the Met Police at Buckingham Palace, he knows the Queen very well, she too apparently is lovely.

wors

I once milked Jimmy Savilles cow blindfolded….

mick_r

Does talking to Terrahawk at yesterday’s cx count?

My Mrs showered with Paola Pezzo after a world cup race in Norway…..

nealglover
    Free Member

For anyone that’s knows about such things, I used to fairly regularly Ski (and drink) with Peter Habeler and Uli Spiess.

boltonjon

My Nana was born in the house next door to where the Bee Gees were born

Ross Kemp threatened to ‘kick my face in’ at a club in Brighton once

Anneka Rice used our new shower 2 days after it was fitted

Both members of Go West helped me pull a sheep out of a river once

I had an argument with Chris Goffey on national TV and stormed of the set

CountZero

If I had a choice between Johansson and Roberts (never going to happen but hey, it’s the internet!) I’d take Dr Roberts every time.

Well, I’d be perfectly happy to be a close acquaintance of either lady, but as Scarlett’s last album is a particular favourite of mine, she just edges Dr Alice out.

RepackRider
    Free Member

I was a rock band roadie for a long time. I’ve smoked a joint with Jerry Garcia, been bike riding with Bob Weir, the other Grateful Dead guitar player. I’ve known Huey Lewis since long before he got paid to play music. Van Morrison used to live in my town, and I was living in the building where his band practiced so i saw him a lot then. Toured one summer with the Average White Band, got to know them pretty well.

George Lucas lives in my town. Years ago he hired me and my truck and we drove around to all his business locations to deliver Christmas presents to all his employees. George didn’t ride with me, he drove his own car. For years he ate breakfast most mornings in a small local restaurant, sat at the counter like everybody else.

Met Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf when I moved their piano. Very friendly guy, not very big, didn’t look at all like an athlete. He was really interested in how a couple of guys were going to handle something as big as his piano. Meanwhile, Steffi was sitting near the front door, scrubbing the grout between the floor tiles with a toothbrush. Her “whale tail” was on display six inches above the top of her jeans. I tried not to look, but then I lied about not looking.

nicko74

My missus’s best friend got asked by Bryan Adams to be his ‘PA’. Given the news about Bryan Adams’s PA a couple of years ago, it was perhaps a lucky escape…

squirrelking
    Free Member

My mates uncle is Ewen Vernal (Deacon Blue & Capercaillie) and my department manager was the keyboard player in H20. Also splashed puke onto the feet of the singer of “Bullet for My Valentine”, had I been slightly more compus and known who he was I’d probably have smeared shite on him.

Went to school with children of a few combat vets, one was in the embassy seige whilst another witnessed the US A10’s attacking our Warrior APCs in Iraq, apparantly he was in the one behind them!

Was best man at a news reporters wedding, never watch telly these days so don’t know how famous she is but she has been on Reporting Scotland for a while.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Robert Plant drinks in my local pub, often say hi to him

My mates mate fingered Clare balding pre lesbian days

I met Howard off the Halifax adverts

I cooked for and served food to princess Margaret

I know Craig Deeley – not famous yet but no doubt soon to be

Met David Mellor when he was having an affair with lady Cobham (should have gone to the press)

crispyrice

I know Stephen Milne, Olympic sailor and Bangor Legend. Nice guy.

cozz
    Free Member

after 4 pages, the best claim to fame I’ve ever read

“My mates mate fingered Clare balding pre lesbian days”

Mantastic
    Free Member

We now play an annual golf tournament for the “Clare Balding Cup” since this fact was revealed. She even comments on the tweets we send her of the trophy and said tournament, although to be fair she doesn’t know why it’s in honour of her.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

[/quote]
    cozz – Member
    after 4 pages, the best claim to fame I’ve ever read
    “My mates mate fingered Clare balding pre lesbian days”
    POSTED 45 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yip best one so far. Most of the others are pretty lame.

Edit: this is the thread I was looking for
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/have-you-ever-snogged-someone-famous/page/2

peterfile
    Free Member

I used to live with a few guys who were at the time (and still are) on prime time telly. Still good mates.

Bizarrely, I ended up going on holiday with Shannen Doherty (amongst others) in 2004. I didn’t know she was going to be there until we were sat having a drink on the first day.

rumple
    Free Member

My mate’s dad is Danny Murphy,

spoken to Paul Burrell quite a bit and bumped into Ricky Tomlinson in the local Londis a few times.

my mum once ran on a treadmill next to David Beckham, im surprised she hasn’t put that on her CV….

ElShalimo

rumple – Member
    My mate’s dad is Danny Murphy,

how old is your mate ? 7?

allthepies
    Free Member

😆

tommid
    Free Member

Growing up in Cambridge I used to see a number of minor celebrities, I bought Stephen Hawking a pint in the Mill when I was under age.
    When I worked in Sainsbury’s I used to serve Clive James, Rory McGrath and Terry Waite.

Loads of other run ins with minor celbes, Never really put a lot of weight in Celebrity, but most seem to be alright apart from McGrath who is a miserable git.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I used to know Martin and Graham Bell (the skiers) quite well

Not seen them for about 20 years though.

slowjo
    Free Member

I threw a football back to George Best once – at a throw in. Us kids were allowed to sit round the touchline during the game. We kept trying to trip the linesman up.

natrix
    Free Member

My mum sold a fridge to Ian Flemming, my dad sold sold a clock to Sarah Greene (Blue Peter presenter) and I sold a radio to Andy Partridge (from XTC). They’re loaded these celebs you know……….. 8)

rumple
    Free Member

how old is your mate ? 7?

18 now

dknwhy

Shaw Taylor once told my brother to shut up when they were filming Police 5 at the local cash n carry.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

My dog tried to bite Ray Winstone.

jimster01

My wife stood next to Paul Weller & Bruce Foxton in the chip shop in Malvern after the Jam played there….

Then a couple of years later got held up on Jubilee Drive because the Style Council were filming the open top bus video up there.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlCCva6rr-s[/video]

ricky1
    Free Member

Back in the late 90’s I worked in a hotel in Llandudno and the film crew and some of the cast of mortal combat were staying there,I got the autograph of “liu Kang”,he was tiny but a nice bloke.

thomthumb
    Free Member

this guy from the fifth element runs a takeaway near my parents house.

i’ve got ‘better’ celeb links but this is my favourite.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

That totally wins.

Have you ever tried to order in the Divine Language?

Don’t chicken out, keep at it for a minute or so [maybe prep a speech] and be sure to end with a “Big bada boom!”

*sigh*

roper
    Free Member

I once broke one of John Prescott’s (two) presidential lecterns. I was also smuggled into 10 Downing St and stole a teaspoon. Different occasions.
    I had a brief chat with Ken Kesey though I haven’t a clue what either of us said.

stanfree
    Free Member

I regulary ride with GW and he has beaten The Athertons down a DH track. 😉

Bunnyhop

I don’t him anymore but I used to go out with Steve Ganson.

Harry_the_Spider

Ganson? The Trumpton Ref?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 224 total)

The topic ‘Famous people you (sort of) know’ is closed to new replies.