• This topic has 223 replies, 176 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jeffc.
Viewing 24 posts - 201 through 224 (of 224 total)
  • Famous people you (sort of) know
  • epicyclo

When I was a kid in Africa, Princess Margaret stopped the official Rolls (complete with Governor in full colonial rig) to chat to me on my bike. As usual I was grubby and filthy and just wearing shorts.

I had no idea who she was, but she seemed a nice young lady. When my mates asked who she was I said she was a friend of the family. Talk about instant kudos when the tale got out. 🙂

Thinking about it later, she must have been fed up of being stuck in the car with all the colonial master types and used me to piss them off. She must have had a wicked sense of humour.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

My girlfriend works as a Nanny for Aphex Twin’s kids. He didn’t seem too fussed to have won a Grammy the other day apparently!

Also, to anyone who wondered, they don’t look anything like the kids in the Come to Daddy video!

plop_pants
    Free Member

Used to know Grayson Perry a bit when we raced mtbs (Beastway mainly). We were pretty well matched most times and it was nice chatting to him after. The penultimate year of Beastway at Eastway I won the vets, wish I’d done it the last year as the trophy was one of Grayson’s pots!

stevedoc
    Free Member

I used to be Justin Moorhouses boss till he got fired for being a poor sales rep and the xmas party lady dance he did ! eye bleach !!

I once reversed over Marco Gabriadinis car in York , and I once had “special time ” with the lass that played Tracy Barlow in Corrie in the early 90s

sharkbait
    Free Member

I used to do quite a lot of work with Daniel Craig’s dad and met Daniel on a number of occasions – usually to fix his Mac. This was back in the early 00’s.
    When his dad told me he’d been asked to take the James Bond role he also said the DC wasn’t too keen – this was about 18 months before it became public. Wish I’d put a bet on 🙁

Am on nodding/how’re you doing? with Bear Grills as we spend the summer in the same place.

grum
    Free Member

I’ve met scotroutes and he bought me a very nice whisky. 😉

I had lunch with peterfile and Mrs file.

Sounds OK until you realise it was a chance meeting and I had to ask out loud in a cafe “are you peterfile off STW?”

I wouldn’t recognise peterfile but I would recognise his missus.

It would be quite embarrassing to meet her after publicly leching over her on here. 😛

Introductory sentence: ‘I’ve seen a picture of you zipped up in a bag’ – hmmm……

I once had “special time ” with the lass that played Tracy Barlow in Corrie in the early 90s

Kate Ford? She went to my school (few years above) and have a story about her I may have recounted before on here but probably shouldn’t have.

I’ve done a bit of work with Eastenders & Bond actor/DnB pioneer Goldie for a TV show. He was a bit of a tool.

A mate of mine is married to the sister of Lily Cole – I don’t ‘know’ her but I’ve met her and she seems nice.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sanny – Member
    Had Frankie Boyle chap my door and ask me to sign a petition against a mobile phone mast.

The chap who plays Naveed in Still Game lives a few doors down.

Didn’t him and his father get found guilty of being slum landlords?.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

This was back in the early 00’s

001, 002, 003 – the early years before 007?

grum
    Free Member

Had a sandwich made for me by Anthrax.

Did they all collaborate on this sandwich?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Ice from gladiators is the one I most like,

lovely women who never once played the card, her dad did but she seemed embarrassed by it. I also met/meet a lot of BBC contracted staff as I’m close to Elstree studios & when they get a few quid they seem to fancy a nice car, the worst was Nick Berry, proper tune he was 🙁 *

* I may be going back a few years.

badllama
    Free Member

I’ve met and took dead pheasants off Ian Botham really nice bloke who at the end of a days shooting came over and thanked the beaters personally.

I used to drink in the same pub as David Beckham, Ryan Gigs the Nevels etc.. And after a lively bit of banter one night my mate got Beckham in ahead lock at the bar.

And i know the girl on the right in this pic

🙂

Drac

My Bother is Tommy Zoom’s Godfather, Tommy Zoom’s Dad now lives around the corner from me. Well the kid who did Tommy Zoom’s voice anyway.

Tiger6791

Worked behind the bar at “The Hermit” on Burley Woodhead

Richard Whitely was a regular :

Beat that!

Sanny
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge

There is something in the Herald online about that!

Did Hardeep Singh Kholi not get suspended from The One Show for inappropriate behaviour involving a colleague? 🙄

boltonjon

One of my best mates, Jim, who i was Bestman to a couple of years back.

Well, before he got married, he got jiggy with a well known weather gil called Jo Blythe

Hes very proud 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rhmtBt]Jo Blythe[/url] by boltonjon, on Flickr

twicewithchips
    Free Member

I sold a trumpet to John McVicar’s missus (not a euphemism). Only when a friend suggested I should take greater care for my personal safety did I investigate his past.

dunsapie
    Free Member

Niki Smart – designer of the Ariel atom.
    My mum used to live next to and hang around with Rodney Gould when they where kids.
    South African TT rider Peter Labuschagne.
    Used to ride on Andy and Randy Shoharas halfpipe, built by Mon Barbour.
    Anna Reynolds the novelist.

athgray
    Free Member

My mum used to babysit Dominik Diamond.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Niki Smart – designer of the Ariel atom.
    My mum used to live next to and hang around with Rodney Gould when they where kids.
    South African TT rider Peter Labuschagne.
    Used to ride on Andy and Randy Shoharas halfpipe, built by Mon Barbour.
    Anna Reynolds the novelist.

No dunsapie….. FAMOUS people.

RepackRider
    Free Member

Never met George W. Bush, but it is well known that he is a passionate mountain biker. Politically we could not be farther apart, but when I was asked to sign a copy of my book Fat Tire Flyer for him, I was honored by the request.

I was not expecting a personal handwritten thank you note, which reads:

Dear Charlie,

Thank you for signing Fat Tire Flyer. It is a very interesting history of the sport I love. I’m rollin’ as much as my 69 year old legs will allow — Ride on!

George W. Bush

Harry_the_Spider

Wow. Joined up writing and everything!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Not sure he’d be able to read my signature under a smear of something unpleasant.

Nipper99
    Free Member

@Repack: always nice to get a thank you.

jeffc

Wow, I’m not sure what I’m more in awe at. The personal note from ex-POTUS or the fact that the revered ‘Charlie Kelly’ is a member here.

@Repack Rider

<waves>
    <bows>

Viewing 24 posts - 201 through 224 (of 224 total)

The topic ‘Famous people you (sort of) know’ is closed to new replies.