• This topic has 3,109 replies, 175 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by mos.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 3,110 total)
  • F1 2022 (CONTAINS SPOILERS)
  • andrewh
    Free Member

Also, if the budget cap is in USD and most teams are paying their staff, and presumably many other budgets for manufacturing, facilities, travel, etc in GBP and then Kwarteng steps in to bugger it up they could suddenly find themselves in trouble.
    Not sticking up for RB by the way, other teams appear to managed it, but the budget cap could just favour those who hedge best rather than those who spend wisely

thols2

It’ll never happen but I would like to see this.

thepurist

Re the sky news, I’ve not seen anything confirming exclusivity of digital rights, it all mentions “broadcast”. So I’m clinging on to a faint hope that F1 TV might become available, but know that this is about the same hope that Leclerc has of still winning the title this year.

the-muffin-man
    jimster01
    the-muffin-man

Well this is dull! I feel an afternoon nap coming on! 🤣🤣😴😴

shermer75
    Free Member

Yeah can’t say I enjoyed that

mashr

Latifi gets a five place penalty. So last becomes last then

multi21
    Free Member

George had a shocker today, well done to Perez. Great drive.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Nice to see Perez pulling 7+ seconds out of the Ferrari towards the end. Other than that I think I watched 70% at 12x speed just to get through it. MaxV and LewisH showed overtaking wasn’t a great option. Thank goodness for the 2 hour time limit

multi21
    Free Member

Yeah those conditions are terrible for racing anywhere, let alone a street circuit. As soon as you try to attack you end up on the wet bit of track and lose all grip.

I think Perez was damn lucky to avoid getting 10 seconds for his safety car incidents. I thought it was just a warning then one incident, but it was a warning then two incidents, so really should have been 2 x 5s time penalty, not 1 x 5s + 1 reprimand.

thepurist

So RedBull have dodged one serious penalty this week – Wednesday could be interesting though.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Sadly F1 has really now become 100% about the show. No way was Perez going to be given a penalty that would have lost him the win after giving him the trophy.

Likewise I don’t believe the budget cap breach will come to anything at all despite it helping that team hugely last season and this season.

stcolin
    Free Member

Nice to see Perez pulling 7+ seconds out of the Ferrari towards the end

RB are just trolling the rest of the field now tbh. Max probably knows that yesterday didn’t matter. It will happen in the next couple of races easily. I’m also tired of the hype about Merc finally being in with a chance of winning. They’re nowhere near it.

RickDraper
    Free Member

.. double post.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Just been reading that Dietrich Mateschitz has died. Sad news if true.

bruneep

multi21
    Free Member

Honda logo is back on the RB from Japan onwards, good to keep them in the sport.

Apparently the news on the budget overrun is due in the next 2 hours.

Bez

So, given Honda’s form in deciding when to join and leave F1, the badge goes back on the car just as it becomes a PR albatross…? 🙂

Shame about the race; fairly eventful yet never actually interesting. Inevitably, racing at night in a city notorious for its humidity means the track is never going to dry out off the line, so it’s pretty much “follow or crash”. Fine in the dry, fine in the rain, no good after the rain.

the-muffin-man

Awaiting FIA report!…

daviek

Even if Redbull are found to have taken the piss by a large amount I cant see them getting more than a fine and as mentioned above that’s no deterrent when they have extra cash due to the cap. Regardless of who’s over spent I hope they get a proper punishment that makes others think twice about it.

the-muffin-man

You get the feeling figures are being massaged and lawyers are being prepped while we wait!

oomidamon

Regardless of who’s over spent I hope they get a proper punishment that makes others think twice about it.

To paraphrase Max Mosley ‘$10m for the offence and $90m for Christian / Helmut being prats’

Pook

Lawyers must be busy.

the-muffin-man

…or those suitcases stuffed full of cash are heavy and taking time to get though the back door at FIA HQ! 🙂

the-muffin-man

Report delayed – there’s some shit that needs to be buried deeper than their current shovels allow – FIA’s management of F1 is pathetic…

FIA delays publication of F1 cost cap breaches review

…don’t want to spoil Max and Hondas party this weekend!

stumpy01

Just popped in to see if I’d missed an update.
    Delayed until next week!!

There must be some legal wrangling going on. I thought it was pretty much sorted & ready to be announced.

However, the FIA has announced a timeline that indicates this will not take place until next Monday (October 10), stating “the analysis of financial submissions is a long and complex process that is ongoing”.

I thought this had been done already?
    Karen must have gone nuclear…..?

jonesyboy

Red bull will just threaten to pull the team if the fine and points deduction potentially leads to the loss of last year’s title.

shermer75
    Free Member

There must be some legal wrangling going on.

I’m must be so dyslexic! I read that as ‘corrupt bullshit’

Pook

Red bull will just threaten to pull the team if the fine and points deduction potentially leads to the loss of last year’s title.

It’s ok. I think Tizer are lining up for a spot with VW

P20

Albon is just a nice person, quietly doing a good job:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/63142202

multi21
    Free Member

**** sake, in FP Mick crashed after the chequered flag and wrecked the chassis, and latifi went the wrong way then blamed it on the car “feeling strange” 😂

Also great pic of the vortices on danny rics car

ya flamin galah

the-muffin-man

I hate wet races now! They’ve been ruined by FIA and their damn safety concerns! 🙂

On a tangent – I saw this pic yesterday on The-Race website and it made me realise just how far ahead of other cars the MP4/4 was back in 1998. The Arrows next to it looks like something from a previous era.

MP4/4

thols2

I hate wet races now! They’ve been ruined by FIA and their damn safety concerns!

Practice at Bathurst, Australia.

Kryton57

I think it’s pretty nailed on that RB have done something wrong, we’ll see just how corrupt F1 is on Monday. I see Lewis is naming the CEO publically to “do the right thing” aka don’t make this a corruption issue.

I don’t put it past Karen Horner to have cheated at all, and IMHO if they were stuck off last years title and that was annulled it’d be just deserts.

mashr

I also wouldn’t be surprised that going through $145m of transactions is incredibly complex and could take extra time if there is work to be done between parties. Will see what comes out of the wash though

thols2

I think it’s pretty nailed on that RB have done something wrong

I saw some speculation that it’s related to how costs are split between the powertrain side and the chassis side. This was always going to be a problem because an engine manufacturer doesn’t have any cost-cap, so anything that can be paid for by the engine side is a gift to the chassis side. The other obvious issue is having a B-team or closely associated customer team that can run research that aids the senior team. Obviously, every team will have accountants and lawyers combing through the rules to try to find loopholes. I wouldn’t be surprised if RB got a bit too creative about things, but best to wait till the report is released before making any judgement.

configuration
    Free Member

I see Lewis is whinging AGAIN in a desperate attempt to stay in the limelight after being completely overshadowed by his much younger and less experienced team mate all season.

FTFY.

Perhaps he could launched a new body piercing/accessory range. Base the name on his own, and referencing his current car. Could call it something like ‘Lulu Lemon’. 🍋

Bez

You do realise that the media approach drivers for comment on various topics, and then publish selected parts of what they say, right? How do you expect Hamilton to reply to questions on this one? “I don’t care if teams are cheating, now piss off and stop asking me questions before someone on an Internet forum thinks I’m whinging”…? If Russell made a similar comment to Hamilton’s, would you be fine with that just because he’s ahead on points?

configuration
    Free Member

If Russell made a similar comment to Hamilton’s, would you be fine with that just because he’s ahead on points?

Yes. Because he’s a better driver. 😀

No but seriously; Mercedes went whinging to the FIA earlier in the season, because they got their car design fundamentally wrong, and the rules were changed as a result. Mercedes are ALWAYS whinging.’Wah wah it’s not fair their car is faster than ours!’ RB and Max have smashed it out of the park this season. What a driver. His win in Hungary was the stuff of legends. This year, he could even win the DWC in the most dominant manner ever seen in F1. I’m just hoping RB can get Perez 2nd place, he deserves something for his team efforts.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 3,110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.