• This topic has 2,382 replies, 161 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by andrewh.
Viewing 23 posts - 2,361 through 2,383 (of 2,383 total)
  • F1 2022 (CONTAINS SPOILERS)
  • the-muffin-man

Just been reading this on Twitter…

…what is this sport becoming!? What’s wrong with setting a ticket price and sticking to it. I’m slowly losing the love for it.

Silverstone should be ashamed.

Along with the increased reports of abuse at circuits. It doesn’t have the same feel and I no longer bother about missing a GP.

thols2
    Free Member

The Herta thing was never more than an attempt to distract from the bigger news about Red Bull splitting with Porsche. There was never any serious possibility that he would get a Super Licence.

shermer75
    Free Member

So they are keeping Gasly and Tsunoda?

andrewh
    Free Member

I would guess Gasly will off to alpine, his career isn’t going anywhere at AT, and he’s unlikely to go back to RB. Just a question of getting out of his contract.
    I’ve been impressed with Tsunoda this year. He was underwhelming last year but seems to have stepped up a bit this year, I don’t know if it’s due to more experience or if the car suits him better or what

escrs
    Free Member

Seems 2007 at Mclaren was worse than we knew, not only were Mclaren caught with the Ferrari documents and disqulified with a fine of 100 mil, it now seems Alonso tried to bribe everyone who wasnt working on Lewis’s car

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/137172/former-mclaren-mechanic-revealed-alonso-handed-out-bribes-in-2007.html

Kryton57

I believe I’ve met Mark Priestley and in the limited five minutes of exposure I had he came across as a bit of a nasty chap.

sturdylad
    Free Member

I have a (thankfully) former colleague who reckoned Priestley was a good bloke they worked together at Mcl), that’s enough to cement him as definitely NOT a good bloke in my eyes. I may be doing him a disservice who knows.
    Pretty bad of the Alonso bung story is true…
    Really though I doubt it would have made any difference.
    The mechs work for the team not the driver. Not a lot they can do to upset the running of the other car

scotroutes

Surely the “bribes” would have been better directed at the folk working on Hamiltons car?  That not being the case it looks like a “thank you” rather than a bribe.

the-muffin-man

@nickdavies

What VPN are you using?

I’ve been looking into this and it seems F1 TV actively try and block VPN created IPs. So I don’t want to shell out ££s and find I have to keep switching VPN suppliers.

I cancelled NOW over the weekend. £34 a month is just rubbish for what they are offering.

sobriety
    Free Member

@the-muffin-man

I use Nord, and then VPN to RTL Luxembourg, as they have it on free-to-air with no login needed, it mneans I have to watch it in a foreign languagem but I can live with that as the commentary is pretty terrible anyways.

the-muffin-man

F1 NASCAR announces 24 race calendar for 2023…

FIA approves record 24-race F1 calendar for 2023 including races in China and Monaco

mashr

24 races, 3 engines (etc), budget cap. Choose all of them, apparently. I can see some interesting comments from the teams coming soon, wouldn’t be the first time that burnout (people, not tyres) has come into it

afrothunder88
    Free Member

I’ve been using PIA’s VPN to a Turkish IP with F1 TV with no issues, £5.99 per month for the Pro package.

nickdavies
    Free Member

@the-muffin-man

Nord here too. No issues though you need a credit card of the country you go for.

(Or Apple Pay 😉)

Tbh I paid for nowtv last year, it was shite but it was a brilliant second half of the season. F1tv’s coverage is superior in every way apart from missing out on brundle’s grid walk – it’s just ridiculous how bad sky coverage is for the money and how licensing restrictions force us into paying through the nose for sub par content.

the-muffin-man

Thanks folks. I’ll try a VPN for next season.

Not going to bother for now – season is done and dusted so I’ll just have to watch C4 highlights and DC in his tight trousers! 🙂

Twodogs

For all the Christian Horner fans, the latest Beyond the Grid podcast has a whole hour of of him for your enjoyment 😂

(Where’s the tumbleweed emoji?)

the-muffin-man

Oh wow! Didn’t see that coming! 🙂

Williams confirm Latifi will not drive for team again in 2023

P20

Thank god! Williams deserve better than Latiffi. He doesn’t need to see out his contract for me

mashr

He’ll see it out as it’ll likely be his last ever chance to drive an F1 car

Bez

To be fair to him, he’s been winning Williams a lot of wind tunnel time.

(Though once he leaves then they’ll probably claw that time back by no longer having to cover the wind tunnel floor with gravel and mount the model on a rotating turntable.)

windyg
    Free Member

20 cars on the grid and Latiffi is 21st in the drivers standing with only Hulkenberg behind him says it all really

multi21
    Free Member

Latifi’s not been that bad compared to the pay drivers of old, Karthikeyan etc.

andrewh
    Free Member

He can’t be that bad.
    2nd in F2 behind De Vryes isn’t anything to be ashamed of. Just getting into F1 is a massive achievement, even for someone with financial backing they still need the skill to get a superlicence.
    However, ‘very good’ just doesn’t cut it at that level and he’s clearly not ‘the best of the best’ Being not as good as Russell Albon or De Vryes still isn’t bad

Viewing 23 posts - 2,361 through 2,383 (of 2,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.