Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,908 total)
  • F1 2020 (spoilers abound)
  • hols2
    Free Member

Would be very disappointing if (assuming they can start in late May) this had a knock-on effect for next season.

My first thought was to wonder how many teams will just write off this season and switch everything to designing next year’s cars. It will give Merc time to sort out their engine problems, will Ferrari try to catch up or just focus on next year? Also, whether Williams can survive financially – I assume sponsors don’t have to pay teams when races are cancelled.

PJM1974
    Free Member

As miffed as I am about a two month delay to the season, it was absolutely the correct decision to call of Melbourne and cancel the forthcoming races.

Let’s hope that the team members at McLaren make a quick recovery.

slackalice
    Free Member

I assume sponsors don’t have to pay teams when races are cancelled.

Is it not more a case of will sponsors be able to pay the teams?

Twodogs

Glad I didn’t invest in a NowTV pass

hols2
    Free Member

The way this is going, Melbourne next year will pick up exactly where they left off last week.

Teams push to postpone 2021 rules

the-muffin-man

If they are going to try this year they should rethink the format for the back end of the year.

Try and fit in 10 venues if possible, but have double-header races – like F2. Sprint Race on Sat, Full GP on Sun. Allow a 3rd car ready built in case of damage.

the-muffin-man
    hols2
    Free Member

If they are going to try this year they should rethink the format for the back end of the year.

Might as well.

retro83
    Free Member

hols2

The way this is going, Melbourne next year will pick up exactly where they left off last week.

Teams push to postpone 2021 rules

Now confirmed according to racefans.

Unanimous agreement to postpone new F1 cars for 2021 – but not budget cap

Twodogs

And Dutch, Spanish and Monaco races postponed

thepurist

The budget cap isn’t really as much of an issue as it would’ve been though – they’ll just be running more or less the same car as this year with a few bits nicked off whoever wins the handful of races that actually run. Could affect a few drivers who were waiting to see how the new rules panned out before committing.

RickDraper
    Free Member

McLaren have an issues as they are due to change engine supplier. Who knows what will happen with that.

Twodogs

Oh…Monaco cancelled, not postponed! Impossible to rearrange apparently

boomerlives
    Free Member

F1 Tech put to good use…

I don’t think I’d fancy the Williams ventilator.

It would be difficult to set up and slower than you would like.

thepurist

Better than the Ferrari one – that’d just squirt some random crap down your neck when no-one was looking, then deny it ever happened.

Twodogs

Better than the Ferrari one – that’d just squirt some random crap down your neck when no-one was looking, then deny it ever happened

Haas one would do something different every time they used it, and they wouldn’t have a clue why..

mashr

Premier Icon
    Twodogs
    Subscriber
    Oh…Monaco cancelled, not postponed! Impossible to rearrange apparently

There’s the silver lining we’ve been waiting for!

thepurist

Given that it’s ~10 weeks until we see some action it would definitely be interesting if they were to set up a mini e-sports championship for the drivers in the meantime

Bez called it!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-launches-2020-esports-series/4771168/

oomidamon

Better than the Ferrari one – that’d just squirt some random crap down your neck when no-one was looking, then deny it ever happened.

The Ferrari one would be the one to get – it’ll give more flow than anyone else’s.

oomidamon

In case you didn’t know you can now pause Sky Sport until sport starts again, just log in to your account and review your package – no need to call them to do it.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Should be good for a laugh

https://apple.news/ASGqG7lpTTny5z0RR7naKFw

bugger missed the earlier post!

escrs
    Free Member

With the season on hold for the next few months is there anywhere online we can watch some classic races?

Think the 2007 season would be a good one to start with, the rise of Hamilton

pipm1
    Free Member

They should award real championship points for the virtual races, that’s shake things up a bit.

Assuming that doesn’t happen there could be an unofficial championship that that includes the virtual races with whatever real ones happen, if any.

🙂

hols2
    Free Member

They should award real championship points for the virtual races, that’s shake things up a bitrender motor racing unnecessary and put the teams and promoters out of business.

Bez

Chris Hoy’s racing for Red Bull in the e-sports race tonight… saveloys at the ready!

rOcKeTdOg

I can’t believe I’m watching people play computer games but it’s strangely compelling

Finding it amusing that Mclaren are having “technical issues” & haven’t posted a time

mashr

With the season on hold for the next few months is there anywhere online we can watch some classic races?

Formula 1 have started putting full races up on YouTube. To start with:

https://youtu.be/KN4_9IBLlks

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Canadian F1 2011 in four parts:

retro83
    Free Member

bigdaddy

That’s seriously impressive!

MrOvershoot

bigdaddy

That’s seriously impressive!

It really is, just shows what some bloody clever people can do when there usual job is on hold 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

MrOvershoot

It really is, just shows what some bloody clever people can do when there usual job is on hold 🙂

I liked the note that they are already on version 2 of the design, the teams have rapid turnaround down to a fine art.

rOcKeTdOg

They are bringing upgrades to the next race & can change the wheels on a hospital bed in 2.1 seconds whilst in full PPE

bigdaddy

I was also impressed with the quoted 70% reduction in O2 use over the original design! Not only can they do it quickly, but also make it much better…

the-muffin-man
    the-muffin-man

Thread seems to have disappeared – just bumping!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks. Just signed up. I’ll be keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t auto review but looks pretty good.

hols2
    Free Member

Thread seems to have disappeared

Season seems to have disappeared. Might be time to start a 2021 thread.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Not yet!
    Have faith…

retro83
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,908 total)

The topic ‘F1 2020 (spoilers abound)’ is closed to new replies.