Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,908 total)
  • F1 2020 (spoilers abound)
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

To think that Rich Energy could’ve sponsored Williams last year…

retro83
    Free Member

Very good news, assuming it’s true.

But, ahead of the 2020 campaign, Motorsport Broadcasting are reporting that Channel 4 can now show extended highlights of all 22 races on the calendar in addition to continued live coverage of the British Grand Prix.

That translates to Formula 1 fans being able to watch 70 per cent of the races now compared to 50 per cent in 2019, with the race edit now up to approximately 60 minutes instead of 45.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/channel-4-extended-f1-highlights/?fbclid=IwAR0PfcxQBJAEtYfYzf3_7gxbDSvI2HSJpSW-AI5To3NEOKDQs8BkxKRcvhU

jamesthorn50

good news! looking forward to the new season starting.

mashr

the race edit now up to approximately 60 minutes instead of 45.

The entire highlights show will now run for 150 minutes, rather than 120,

Bah, 60min show with 45mins of race would’ve been ideal

andytherocketeer

Well I’d call that quite good news.

Very good news would be full race, live, on C4/BBC/ITV and Radio4Live/SportsXtra (and highlights later).

BigJohn

I know it’s not the same sport as it used to be but I still try to listen in live to the Radio5 coverage. At least up to the first crash. I now record the highlights show and fast forward it while keeping an eye on the top left corner until the “replay” box shows. Then I stop, rewind a bit, watch the incident that justified the replay, listen to the analysis of said incident then hit fast forward.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Drive to Survive Series 2 on Netflix February 28.

Klunk
    Free Member

bring back ground effect (oh and active suspension while we’re at it)

I’m no so sure, the cars still had front and rear wings (the air coming off the ground effect and rear wing will affect turn-in on the following car). So the regulation on vanes and end plate and vortex generator would be ban the lot ?

pondo

Front wings on ground effect cars in the early eighties were tiny, BT49 didn’t have one.

thepurist

Looks like Stoll snr has done a deal to keep Aston Martin afloat, which will remove the confusing Aston Martin Red Bull Honda sponsorship thing from 2021 and see the crappily named Racing Point team become Aston Martin.

retro83
    Free Member

thepurist

Subscriber

Looks like Stoll snr has done a deal to keep Aston Martin afloat, which will remove the confusing Aston Martin Red Bull Honda sponsorship thing from 2021 and see the crappily named Racing Point team become Aston Martin.

Cool. They were talking about this on Missed Apex before the deal was done, sounded like AM were in fairly deep do-do.

More info:
    https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/aston-martin-sells-stake-f1-billionaire-lawrence-stroll

the-muffin-man

Probably nothing like what will appear at the first test – but Haas have uploaded pictures of their 2020 car…

Pictures: Haas is first to reveal its new F1 car for 2020

Daffy

aaand predictably, it looks quite a lot (almost exactly) like Ferrari’s 2019 car.

the-muffin-man

I can’t see there being anything too radical this year – they’ll be chucking all the $$$ at the 2021 cars.

retro83
    Free Member

Like the livery.

thegoodbyegirl
    Free Member

@jimster01 Ferrari didnt WANT Irvin to win, remember 3 wheels on my wagon at Nurburgring in 99?? They wanted Schmacher at all costs broken leg or no. They wouldnt know a good decision if it bit them on the arse.

thegoodbyegirl
    Free Member

Seb is a fab driver if the car drives like its on rails, if the car is difficult to drive hes toast, I think Le Clerc could turn out to be the same, Hamilton has the ability to drive a car thats pretty much undriveable to most everyone else, like schumacher in his heyday. Its that ability thats made Lewis 6 time champ.

I hope Albon does take it to Max, Max also seems to have the I can drive an undriveable car thing.

I dont think Lewis will ever go to Ferrari, its not his kind of team mentality.

Daffy

I dont think Lewis will ever go to Ferrari, its not his kind of team mentality.

I think before they signed Leclerc, Lewis (and I’m a Hamilton fan) would’ve been arrogant enough to believe that he could make it work anywhere.

pondo

@jimster01 Ferrari didnt WANT Irvin to win, remember 3 wheels on my wagon at Nurburgring in 99?? They wanted Schmacher at all costs broken leg or no. They wouldnt know a good decision if it bit them on the arse.

Irvine won three of his four career GP wins between the ’99 British GP and the end of the season. Hashtag just sayin’.

thegoodbyegirl
    Free Member

@pondo Oh I know, Ive been an F1 fan since 1985 but they had the chance to have Irvine as their champ and they stuffed it up royally and I mean how do you not have 4 wheels to stick on the car O.o, Ive never seen anything like that since eh and I wanted Irvine as champ as hes from Northern Ireland like me.

@daffy
    🙂 I’m a Lewis fan as well but I still dont think he’d have gone for Ferrari *shrug* I’d also say Lewis isnt arrogant in that way….. at least I dont get that impression.

pondo

Ricciardo (Monaco ’16), Truero (Argentina ’98), Barrichello (Malaysia ’01), all similar, and I’m sure there are more. I’m equally sure Irvine wouldn’t have won three quarters of his GP wins with a team that didn’t want him to win.

thepurist

Jeez though can you imagine Irvine if he’d actually got the WDC.  He was pretty insufferable as it was, with the #1 on his car they’d have had to build a new motorhome just for his ego.

thegoodbyegirl
    Free Member

@thepurist 😀 I know! can you imagine lol I will never forget his response to how did the car drive? it drove like a brick

hols2
    Free Member

can you imagine Irvine if he’d actually got the WDC. He was pretty insufferable as it was, with the #1 on his car they’d have had to build a new motorhome just for his ego.

Well, he was hired to make Schumacher look good. Seems to have worked.

wukfit
    Free Member

So Mercedes have a new principal partner in Ineos
    Livery will be unveiled soon (although car is scheduled for Friday)

Update: wow that livery is erm….. the same but with a few bits of red…. not a huge amount of ineos presence

thepurist

Sebs last chance?

Klunk
    Free Member

the william morris fag mobile

the-muffin-man

All a bit vanilla so far – interested to see what Renault come up with later as they really need some big improvements.

dannybgoode

I see Jim Ratcliffe has said he fully expects Lewis to stay at Merc. Such a statement suggests to me that his sponsorship is contingent on that.

Coupled with the fact the rumours are that he’s going to be offered £180m to stay and no doubt some of that will come from Ineos I think it’s a fairly safe bet he’ll stay at Merc.

hols2
    Free Member

I think it’s a fairly safe bet he’ll stay at Merc.

It always was.

thepurist

Sidepods look tiny on this image but otherwise it’s a bit meh.

mashr

3 out of 3 so far going to compromised cooling-MAX – woot

There’s a thought……. active aero isn’t allowed (fair enough), but what if they opened that up a bit to allow variable sidepod intakes? Aero folk are happy as they get to pick the fastest shapes, engine people are happy as they can open up for more air as required? Seems like there’d be little downside?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Sad to see China postponed.

Managed to stumble across the live coverage on sky of the Ferrari unveiling. I was bored after 5 minutes and gave up waiting for the car.

retro83
    Free Member

What’s going on with the nose on the RB? Looks like it’s got a bunch of holes running through it.

johndoh
    Free Member

Sad to see China postponed.

It is most likely it will be cancelled though – they will struggle to reschedule it now.

scotroutes

What’s going on with the nose on the RB? Looks like it’s got a bunch of holes running through it.

Drilium, innit

Certainly a lot going on there

hols2
    Free Member

what if they opened that up a bit to allow variable sidepod intakes? Aero folk are happy as they get to pick the fastest shapes, engine people are happy as they can open up for more air as required? Seems like there’d be little downside?

Very expensive because it will require lots of windtunnel time, won’t improve the racing because it’ll give the teams with bigger budgets an even bigger advantage.

HughStew

When I wasa kid I used to love watching F1, then was less into it for many years. I now have loads of time sitting around (medical reasons) and I’ve got into following it again, I particularly like reading the Secret Aerodynamicist.

Hamilton is clearly an immensely talented driver, but the vitriol he gets, especially on the BBC Have Your Say, is astonishing. Is it just racism or is there something about him that riles stuffy old Bufton-Tuffton types.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Is it just racism or is there something about him that riles stuffy old Bufton-Tuffton types.

Probably racism. They also probably have extremely unfulfilling lives, tiny and semi-functioning genitalia and like to get angry about things, especially if they involve people of colour turning up and doing rather well.

mechanicaldope

Hamilton is clearly an immensely talented driver, but the vitriol he gets, especially on the BBC Have Your Say, is astonishing

Never understood it. He seems to be very open with his thoughts and says what he is thinking but gets flak for it. I genuinely think that he gets nowhere near the amount of credit he is due. He is a absolute legend and it is sad that more people don’t recognise his talent for what it is.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,908 total)

The topic ‘F1 2020 (spoilers abound)’ is closed to new replies.