Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,742 total)
  • F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • Klunk
    Free Member

the-mcmuffin-man 😉

STATO
    Free Member

I was surpised they didn’t just build up roll hoops either side of the drivers head, because I cant see how this central bar can guarantee any more safety as it still leaves the driver as open to smaller objects coming from the front (i.e. spring that hit Massa).

bombjack
    Free Member

On that second pic of Raikkonen, the Ferrari logo on the air box looks suspiciously like the old Marlboro red chevron…

the-muffin-man

…hmm that’s funny, anyone would think they were still sponsored by them!

dooosuk
    Free Member

Anyone seen any speed trap stats of late?

McHonda doing a lot of running on softs this week and whilst lap times look like they’re in the mix I’d like a view of the speed trap. They must still be 20kmph down on the Merc engines?

the-muffin-man

Vision through the Halo doesn’t look too bad at all…

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcnbaEYXEAA4t-Z.jpg

dragon
    Free Member

That Halo thing looks proper sh*t, either leave it open or close it in, this ‘3rd way’ is the worst of both IMO. Looks rubbish and reducers viewer visibility of the driver, and reduces driver visibility, yet still doesn’t offer the full protection of a fully enclosed canopy.

bombjack
    Free Member

Vision through the Halo doesn’t look too bad at all…

Apart from looking at the start lights / flags / marshalls etc

thepurist

Ferrari have said this is just a non structural mock up to test the concept – I thought the original concept had the rear mounts higher up so it was flatter. Apparently redbull are going to try a canopy concept some time later this year too.

dragon
    Free Member

Well Hamilton (& Hulkenburg) doesn’t like the Halo and the drivers are no fans of the new proposed qualifying, what a mess.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35722163

STATO
    Free Member

Apart from looking at the start lights / flags / marshalls etc

Flags (mostly screens these days anyway) all duplicated on their steering wheel anyway.

the-muffin-man

So the testing ends, and what have we learned?

Basically its the same order as last year but everyone is going a bit quicker!

I’ll be amazed if there are any shocks at the first race.

thepurist

We’ve learned that reliability has taken a big step forward all round.

We’ve learned that halos divide opinion.

We’ve learned that the new quali system will be used in Oz.

We’ve learned that the drivers don’t like it much.

Looking forward to P1 to see how they shake out when they’re all running legal cars and trying to achieve more or less the same thing at the same time.

RustyNissanPrairie

having drifted off from F1 for a few years its the first time ive seen that Halo concoction – I must say it looks utter crap. Fully enclosed fighter plane style cockpit is the way to go I reckon.

Kryton57

Like this?

Oh, er wait…

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

also kimi might like the new ferarri and give it a go this year. I’m not sure what to make of haas, manor or suaber to be honest.

Renault have made up some bhp but mchonda seemed to have fixed the ers but none of the extra bits.

Rio looks painfully slow and I know it is his first experience of an F1 car but surely it highlights the need for a more progressive path from the other formulas.

Top dogs in the intra teams battle

Vettel
    Ham
    Botta
    Ricciardo
    Perez
    Grosjean
    Werhlein
    Alonso
    Magnussen
    Nasr
    Sainz

Klunk
    Free Member

seems like Hamilton would of quite liked to have a super/ultra soft run but the team though otherwise which is a little surprising because you’d have thought some data on how the car fares with a completely new tyre might be useful, may come back to bite them in the end.

igm

Indeed. Might be interesting in the first qualifiers that they run the super/ultra softs.

shermer75
    Free Member

Intra team battles: I agree with all of the above apart from RB, I have a feeling that Kvyet is going to have a really good run of it this year. Also Sainz over Verstappen? Interesting….

dooosuk
    Free Member

Mixed bag then.

Murray Walker is back (occasionally) but…
    Steve Jones as lead presenter?
    Nicholas Hamilton?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Bruno Senna?

Awesome. I’ve long been a fan of his. I recall seeing a youtube vid of him on pedalling away no-handed a turbo trainer, whilst playing CoD on his Playstation.

bombjack
    Free Member

Damn it C4, you had a great opportunity to rid our TV’s of DC and Jordan, yet you’ve given them another gig. Webber, Chandhok, Edwards – good, The rest are terrible. Whats Nicholas Hamiltons done to deserve a slot?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I didn’t realise quite how short Alain Prost is.

aracer
    Free Member

You do realise this isn’t the only TV he’s doing now?

lowey

Murray!!

richmars

The production company used by C4 is part owned by DC. (I think)

bombjack
    Free Member

You do realise this isn’t the only TV he’s doing now?

Yeah, but I’ve long since given up on Top Gear. F1 was a bit of an indulgence on a Sunday afternoon, he really got on my tits with his constant bickering.

pondo

I didn’t realise quite how short Alain Prost is.

Tiny little feller – a lot of them are like jockeys.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I reckon the “winter testing is a notoriously unreliable guide to form” line is starting to wear a bit thin. I reckon come Australia everyone will be just where everyone thinks they are now, which is pretty much what’s happened the last couple of years IIRC.

shermer75
    Free Member

Whats Nicholas Hamiltons done to deserve a slot?

He competes in the BTCC despite being disabled with cerebral palsy, which makes him pretty cool in my book 🙂

slowoldman

Well I’m pleased Lee McKenzie has been confirmed.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Well I’m pleased Lee McKenzie has been confirmed.

Yeah, I thought she should have had the chance to step up rather than Perry being brought in.

the-muffin-man

Haas employs small child as development driver (sporting some nice new jeans his mum bought for him!)…

dooosuk
    Free Member

I’m thinking it could be fun this year with reduced team radio and drivers being able to choose different sets of tyres to each other. Hamilton and Rosberg have chosen different sets to each other for the first race.

thepurist

One thing the radio restrictions will do is get rid of all the lift and coast messages, so average Joe watching the race won’t be so aware of all of the fuel and tyre management that the drivers are doing, just as it was in the olden days when team radio wasn’t invented.

Hope we’ll still get some comedy gold from kimi and nando though. I feel that rosberg was one of the people who made most use of info from the team so it’ll be interesting to see how his performance is affected.

PrinceJohn

I’m getting annoyed with the C4 adverts – they keep getting me excited for F1, then I remember I haven’t got excited during a F1 since that race in Canada…

legend
    Free Member

Sneaky **** used a car with an exhaust note – blatant false advertising!

mrhoppy

Whys that Haas fella got a knob sewn into the front of his jeans????

the-muffin-man

Some colour in F1!…

MSP

Sponsored by B&H?

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,742 total)

The topic ‘F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.