Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • Kids smoking spliffs in cars – inform Police, or not?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Out running on the local Moor tonight I passed 3 separate cars all full of kids with a smoke haze and smell of weed coming out from them.

They were not directly harming anyone else, so half of me thinks leave them to it, the other half of me thinks, what happens if they cause an accident whilst driving home….

What would you do?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Biscuits anyone?

scotroutes

What would you do if they were drinking cans of cider instead?

Munchies already?

teethgrinder

If they were all shitfaced Strongbowadvocaat what would you do. They are not directly harming anyone, after all.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Help youself.

ferrals
    Free Member

Saw the same the other evening, but parked up right in the middle of the village next to the (still open) co-op.

Personally I wouldn’t say anything, I’m not sure the police would do much anyhow

funkmasterp

I’m guessing 3 pages. Pass the biscuits please.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Leave them to it. If they have to wind the windows down the hotbox will be ruined

MoreCashThanDash

The Police are getting much keener on drug driving at the moment. I smell it from passing cars far too often when riding on the road.

I’d report it, because they are in cars. The Police would need to check if the driver was smoking and go from there anyway.

If they were just walking along the street, I wouldn’t report it.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’d treat it the same as being drunk in charge. I reported my neighbour when he drove home drunk. Take the car out of the equation and I couldn’t give a monkey’s.

convert

It’s my perception (as someone who works day in day with 17/18yr olds) that most are oblivious that drug drink is just as bad as drink driving. Drink driving (even one) is a complete social taboo in that generation; drug driving not so much.

Do you think the driving was partaking?

kimbers

Happy days

Stash it in your pants the cops never search there.

bearnecessities

The Police are getting much keener on drug driving at the moment.

Understandable really; it’s a stressful job.

Bregante

😀

funkmasterp

oblivious that drug drink is just as bad as drink driving.

Obliviousness will be the result of being drunk and drugged or drug drink as the kids call it . Never mix the grape and leaf.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As I see it, you have three options;
    1 – Kill the kids
    2 – Kill yourself
    3 – KILL EVERYBODY!

funkmasterp

4 – bring some cakes and join them

binners

Report it! Definitely! The major problem facing the police and society generally is kids smoking weed in car parks. Before you know it.. Armageddon. order needs to be maintained! They’ll be right on it! Otherwise the Daily Mail will be furious!

funkmasterp

I don’t think they were actually in a car park Binners and that’s why the Police need to be involved. There are unwritten codes of conduct when it comes to partaking of jazz woodbines.

eddie11
    Free Member

let them have their nice things and go home and read your daily mail.

theotherjonv

Legality of the drugs aside, would you report drink drivers? Even if the driver isn’t partaking, if he’s in the car with them he’ll be passively getting stoned, and more likely as a result to kill them all along with whoever he runs into.

shermer75
    Free Member

Banana in the tailpipe

epicsteve
    Free Member

Out running on the local Moor tonight I passed 3 separate cars all full of kids with a smoke haze and smell of weed coming out from them.

They were not directly harming anyone else, so half of me thinks leave them to it, the other half of me thinks, what happens if they cause an accident whilst driving home….

What would you do?

Nothing, because here in London I’d be reporting about every 2nd car!

soobalias
    Free Member

shermer75 – in a eddie murphy voice i hope.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

funkmasterp – Member
    I’m guessing 3 pages. Pass the biscuits please.

Nah, he failed to mention their skin colour, ethnicity, religion……..two pages, max.

WTF
    Free Member

On recent Traffic Cops tv show the driver of a car was found to be over the alcohol limit by about 4 times.
    Strangely though he was also several times the limit for cannabis and several times the limit for cocaine?
    When did they introduce safe limits to drive with either, I was under impression it was an almost zero tolerance?

TheBrick
    Free Member

It would have to be an exceptional hot box to be passively stoned.

jekkyl

did it smell like quality weed or just crappy solid? 😮
    can you even get solid nowadays?

jamj1974

Don’t care about weed generally. People driving when they may still be under the influence does bother me though. I wouldn’t turn a blind eye to it anymore than I would drink driving. If that makes me ‘square’ frankly I don’t give a shit.

Cougar

I’d report it, because they are in cars

Likewise.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

driving under the influence, they are potentially harming a lot of people with that one. Sometimes what kids need is a good solid warning from a copper to point out that maybe they will turn a blind eye in some places but not when it involves cars.

Daddy isn’t coming home tonight the kids smoking weed knocked him off his bike, Merry Christmas.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Grass them up.. Just dont make a Hash of it though

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ok mixed views. Were the drivers participating? Well unless they had their own oxygen supply in the cars then yes.

I’ve seen car accidents that were the result of alcohol where people have been badly injured. My wife has had to screw people back together who have been smoking weed.

wrightyson
    Free Member

So an honest actual real life result from this. An ex labourer of mine got pulled on the road back to Derbyshire from skegVegas by the old Bill, they pulled him as they smelt weed as he zipped by on a 50mph road apparently! Road side “test” blah blah. “Failed” that but back at the station passed it so they swabbed him for the works. He’d had coke the night before, it came up positive but was let go as he was deemed unimpeded by it and left to drive away/pick up his car at that point. Went to court a few months ago and got a 12 month ban. All seems a bit hotchpotch pitch to me.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/n7ZSLeiiliE[/video]
    [video]http://youtu.be/Mne6mZfs7tA[/video]

shermer75
    Free Member

shermer75 – in a eddie murphy voice i hope.

Of course! 😀

revs1972
    Free Member

It would have to be an exceptional hot box to be passively stoned.

Proper old mini makes a good one

Happy days
    Stash it in your pants the cops never search there.

Oh, they do !

seosamh77
    Free Member

Must admit i’ve been in cars with stoned drivers in the past, they don’t/i didn’t see it as a problem at the time(It’s not as bad as drink driving, but its still unacceptable tbh).

Being honest i doubt i’d personally stick someone i know in, so I’m aware I’d be part of the problem(talking historically, it’s been years, and we did actually been caught by the polis too, nothing happened to any of us, but this was the late 90s. polis were more interested in finding out if i’d divulge info on the local loonballs, i had no info to divulge even if i wanted to, they were bawbags about that actually but that’s another story) But i do agree with the zero tolerance approach to stoned driving.

Bit shit sticking a whole load of people in for weed, but i guess we need to start the zero tolerance thing somewhere to get the message across.

A good start would be providing legal establishments where people can smoke their lungs out away from the cars.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bit shit sticking a whole load of people in for weed, but i guess we need to start the zero tolerance thing somewhere to get the message across.

Not really, they all got in the car knowing that one of them would be driving back, it’s as bad as getting your mate to drive you up somewhere with a few bottles of white lightening then being surprised he was pissed too.
    The police have many ways to deal with stuff that doesn’t involve prosecution.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Guess there is 2 points here, drivers being stoned and passengers being stoned.

There later isn’t a problem, but tbh I would say that, I’ve no problem sparking up on a journey with the window open, if the driver allows it.

If you are sitting in a car park and the car is full of smoke, well, the drivers getting stoned too, that much is obvious.

Guess you just need to judge the situation as you see it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Kids smoking spliffs in cars – inform Police, or not?’ is closed to new replies.