Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 1,742 total)
  • F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Comedy of errors and mis-decision at present. Cars won’t be happy with all this stop start as well.

Klunk
    Free Member

#Fairweather1

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Safety car getting a bit squirrely there.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

do you reckon they’ll manage 1 incident free lap on the restart?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Fair play to all of them, I wouldn’t want to be driving in that let alone racing.
    Max! 😯

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

ballsy move that!

Pook

Oof

nickewen
    Free Member

“Just leave me alone for a bit!”
    Magnussen’s on form th day

Klunk
    Free Member

you really need to have faith in the “bottle” of your fellow drivers 😀

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Second fresh nappy for Max!! 😯
    Do you think he can walk on water too?

nickewen
    Free Member

Incredible save!!

Pook

Inters seem mad

dannyh
    Free Member

They’re earning their money in this race!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Nightmare for Massa.
    Obrigado!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

oops!

Klunk
    Free Member

get on with it !

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

hang on watching a f1 driver walking up the pit lane.. i can hear the cars going in the background..

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Nice touch by Ferrari and Williams there.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

hang on watching a f1 driver walking up the pit lane.. i can hear the cars going in the background..

Pit lane was closed as said driver had parked his car in the entrance.
    Is Rosberg really asking to stop the race now it’s on full points?
    Sportsmanship and will be a worthy world champ.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

no surprise that a certain someone wants the race stopped

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Does Verstappen mean unstoppable in some language or other?

hora
    Free Member

Nico won’t be a worthy champion if he can’t race/win in the rain.

2016 Wibble champion Nico Secondberg.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Max is like that bald kiddie in the matrix, “consider the spoon” etc. Awesome talent!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

That was pretty flipping awesome.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

yeah, not bad considering I only started watching it 3 3/4 hours ago 😯

Daffy

Well, the difference between a good driver and a great driver becomes plainly apparent.

If you take away all the safety car time wipeouts, Hamilton would’ve been over half a lap ahead…Same car, same conditions, different driver – HALF A LAP!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Gutted that Redbull didn’t at least split strategies, putting Max on another set of wets after they sent Ric out on inters. If they both had taken wets that pit stop, Rosberg would have finished no better than 4th IMO and things could have been an awful lot tighter between Rosberg and Hamilton for the final race.

So Hamilton needs to win and Rosberg finish no better than 4th at Abu Dharbi, to win the championship. I can’t see Redbull or Ferrari being strong enough there to challenge the Mercedes. So for me, it means Rosberg needs a repeat of his 2014 troubles at Abu Dharbi, for Lewis to take it.

igm

Yes, but one who has to win to have any chance and one who is content with second today having already racked up a sack load of points.

Both did what they needed to.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Vettel saw his arse in complaining about Verstappen pushing him off.

Daffy

I agree that it’s nearly impossible for Lewis to win now, but if he finishes 1st on the last 3 GPs of the season, it’ll put him in a good mindset for next year.

It just goes to show, Nico is as good/better than Lewis when Lewis isn’t really trying (too busy jetting around and partying), but when Hamilton focuses on the business at hand, he’s on another level to Nico even when Nico tries his best.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

It just goes to show, Nico is as good/better than Lewis when Lewis isn’t really trying (too busy jetting around and partying), but when Hamilton focuses on the business at hand, he’s on another level to Nico even when Nico tries his best.

Shame about those reliability issues that knackered Lewis too.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Max produced one of the best drives I’ve seen in over 10 years of watching Formula 1,I’ve not seen anything like that since early Schumacher, was no one else watching?

His CV is amazing and that was a masterclass in wet weather driving!

slowoldman

Reminiscent of Donington.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hamilton has always been good in the wet. Rosberg just needed to get around the track behind him – job done. It will be the same in AD, qualify 1 and 2 and get round in what is clearly the best car.

hora
    Free Member

In a positive note it’ll give something for Lewis to aim for again.

Daffy

Max said in his post race interview that he thinks he could’ve taken Nico, but not Lewis as Lewis was using the same Karting lines that he was and that he couldn’t get close.

Max was fantastic to watch, that half spin was amazing. I rally like Christian Horner on the radio after it happened, cool as a cucumber “well held, Max, well held”

rOcKeTdOg

“That raised my heart rate a bit”

Cool as, that teenager

richmars

I liked LH saying he had seen MV’s spin on the TV as he was driving. Not sure if true or not but that’s one way to play mindgames.

the-muffin-man

I’m really enjoying Vettel’s troubles at the minute!

And it seems Alonso is no fan…
    http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-ready-to-drive-into-vettel-next-time-849974/

Any I might stick £20 on Max for 2017 World Champion

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Impressive as Hamilton’s performance was it was really the wrong approach imo. His win is essentially irrelevant given that Rosberg finished 2nd, what he should have done, once he knew he was much faster, was back the pack up to give 3rd/4th a chance to better pressure Rosberg into making a mistake or losing position and do just enough for the win himself.

It would have been riskier but the potential benefits would have been worth it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 1,742 total)

The topic ‘F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.