Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Exclusive Update From Stanton Bicycles: The Recovery Begins
  • the-muffin-man

Investor should be looking out for themselves. As has been said loads of times already you don’t invest million+ and take your eye of the ball.

tomhoward

Those that have lost out:

An investor who knew the risks (or should have).
    Dan Stanton.
    PayPal and TNT/DHL who will have assessed the risks and planned for losses. And are continuing to trade with the new company. May not even have made a loss over the whole relationship.

Anyone I’ve missed?

the-muffin-man

And new free account commenting straight on this thread? Hmmmm… 🤔🤔

FB-ATB

mbforlife- you’re either naive or trolling.

“I read on another site that the company was insolvent. Seems a bit one sided, when Stanton has everything and the investor is left with nothing. Everyone knows you can’t trade when insolvent so the company had to go into administration”

You don’t need to read on another site the company wasn’t solvent- it’s part of the reason the advisors were called in before the administration. Read the filings on Companies House.

“Stanton has everything & the investor nothing?” Is that Stanton the company or Dan Stanton the individual? How do you know what their gains/losses are? Dan also had loaned money to the company and may have been owed wages too. His absolute loss may be lower but may have been a higher proportion of his net wealth.

The investor was also a shareholder & director so therefore has a responsibility for the situation the company was in. The fact they had c£1m to invest shows that they must have some financial nouse (unless it was a lottery win) so can’t be a complete innocent

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

on the list of money owed on Companies house :

Frey Bikes Ltd – Lincoln – £60,915.47
    Ora Engineering Co Ltd China – £121,695.55
    Heibei Hanglun Tech China – £120,502.98

now unless im reading this wrong (if some one can verify), these 3 companies alone wont get this money back?

i couldnt really care about the faceless paypal/water companies/banks owed money, but those 3 especially the british based company in lincoln, could be the difference of having to close down and make people redundant being owed that sort of money?

if they’ve been paid back fair enough, but @tomhoward as i read it its not just paypal/tnt/dhl/ and a millionaire investeor who are losing out?

again if im reading that listed wrong then happy to be told so

tomhoward

As I understand it, those are outstanding orders that the new company will take on in order to continue trading?

dirkpitt74

Who/What are Frey bikes?
    Google just seems to throw up some ebike stuff.
    Had Stanton started developing and ebike?
    Although looks like they need a CBT as they’re assisted to 28mph!!
    AM1000

brant
    Free Member

Had Stanton started developing and ebike?

Yes* – as detailed in section 2.1 of Administrators Notice of deemed approval of proposals on Companies House site.

*And as any right thinking bicycle company would do in the current climate.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

*And as any right thinking bicycle company would do in the current climate.

Look, there’s been some mud thrown on this thread but that takes the biscuit!

ziggy
    Free Member

Whilst I was Stanton all the best I’m not convinced the the company will survive long term, more than half of companies who enter administration don’t survive.
    If you haven’t been able to make money from bikes in the last few years you never will, bike sales are now dropping off a cliff.
    My day job is for a small UK bike company and yes it’s been difficult dealing with supply chains and of course Brexit but you have to make hay while the sun shines.
    As they say in this industry if you want to make a million you need to start with 2 million.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you haven’t been able to make money from bikes in the last few years you never will, bike sales are now dropping off a cliff.

Didn’t ST copy and paste a Trends/Halfords statement that said exactly the opposite.

They couldn’t get cheap bikes on the shop floor quickly enough the last few years, but high end stuff was a completely different matter. And obviously Stanton are even higher end and don’t have an Apollo/Carrera lineup to offset the Boardman/Voodoo ranges.

BillOddie

Just had an email from Stanton (I’m on their mailing list) they are selling Ti frames at the bargain price of 1899quid rather than 2200…

This offer will run for two weeks only as we cover our February overheads. These frames will be created to order and shipped within 5-7 days.”

hmmmm

reeksy

Who/What are Frey bikes?

Stanton use/d a fabricator in Lincoln to make the chainstay/seat tube yokes. Could be a big batch of them that they’ll be needing (and nobody else can use).

footflaps

Investor should be looking out for themselves. As has been said loads of times already you don’t invest million+ and take your eye of the ball.

You’ve never dealt with VCs, they barely remember what the company is called, let alone what it actually does.

Every board meeting just repeated exactly the same things we talked about at the last meeting – it was just like Groundhog day, only spread out more…

Only cost them north of $100m when we folded…

cx_monkey

Frey Bikes is owned by the chap that owned the company in Taiwan that Stanton used to use to source frames. Frey Bikes Ltd doesn’t and hasn’t ever existed as a UK entity. Which is odd…

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.