Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 255 total)
  • Ex-Brewdog staff allege culture of fear at brewer
  • tjagain

The only point of concern is, was there any truth in the speculation they were summarily evicted via a loophole?

It must be so.  the standard scottish tenacy requires 6 months notice to evict to sell.  If its a tied house IE one you get with your job this does not apply.

Is it 6 months since they bought the estate?  they will have bought the estate with the housing tenanted.   I don’t think its more than 6 months but stand to be corrected

squirrelking
    Free Member

if there’s no need for them that’s fair enough – any fingers of blame should be pointed at whoever chose to sell the land/business, not who bought it.

Really?

Did the seller turf them out or the buyer? Would it have made any difference selling the properties in 6 months or today?

For a company that likes to shout about their ethical and punk credentials this doesn’t seem to be either. Wonder how they would feel if a bunch of anarchists set up a squat?

The only point of concern is, was there any truth in the speculation they were summarily evicted via a loophole?

Well TJ has made the law regarding tennencies in Scotland clear and Scotroutes has confirmed no offers were given for continued employment so I’m not sure what else you expect.

Most likely they want the estate clear so they can sell it for folk moving in before the summer. For a pretty price of course.

Punk AF. My arse.

BoardinBob

On the Scottish beers that aren’t Brewdog, I’m a huge fan of

https://www.overtonebrewing.com/

They are very expensive though

tjagain

I am a fan of harviston ales.  Started off as a small craft brewery.  Now hit the mainstream.  the only criticism I know of them is that the Schiehallion is now available as a nitrokeg dead beer.  I assume so it can be more easily sold in non ale places.  Its not as nice as the live ale version

zilog6128

Would it have made any difference selling the properties in 6 months or today?

that’s what I’m saying – no-one can offer any actual evidence what has transpired, whether they were kicked out immediately, given a grace period, or what. Everything in your post is just speculative guff.

The only thing I know for certain is that previously the houses on the property were either inhabited by the serfs of the landed overlords, or holiday rentals – never available for locals to buy, so at least that will change.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

The beauty of the Brewdog model is that lots of people have bought non tradable shares with no voting rights

tjagain

I thought I had better check – its more than 6 months since the estate was bought I believe so they could have given the six months notice

Its still shabby behaviour but not as bad as I thought.  this is why i asked if it had been over 6 months.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

I am a fan of harviston ales.

Heaven Cent MMMMMMMM!

desperatebicycle

Interesting. Funnily enough, I was in the Brewdog bar in Exeter a few weeks ago. The staff certainly didn’t look bullied, they were as chill as if they’d been smoking weed in their breaks (I’m sure they hadn’t). I had a cup of tea and some pancakes.
    Also, I was supposed to go to the Southampton Brewdog last weekend! But the woman I was going with ghosted me! How mad is that?!
    Never had one of their beers though.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

This court ruling seems to vindicate him in his accusation that he was conned out of money by someone to help track down online trolls, it doesn’t seem to clear him of being a horrible person to the many others who have claimed as much.
    The BBC also dispute that the guilty party in the high court case was ever the source of their information, despite what he says.

martinhutch

Handing over 600K to your former girlfriend to track down some trolls! Should have just used it to sue the Beeb, if he’s so sure he’s been defamed.

oldtennisshoes

The BBC Scotland documentary was pretty poor IMHO.
    It was all hearsay with some interviews with folk that had been sacked IIRC.
    I have no doubt that he has some challenging character traits, but you’d expect that of a successful business owner of his ilk.
    One of the revelations from the BBC doc was that he had shares in Heineken – that’s just shrewd investment to manage risks.

matt_outandabout

This court ruling seems to vindicate him in his accusation that he was conned out of money by someone to help track down online trolls, it doesn’t seem to clear him of being a horrible person to the many others who have claimed as much.

^

BoardinBob

Handing over 600K to your former girlfriend to track down some trolls! Should have just used it to sue the Beeb, if he’s so sure he’s been defamed.

Looks like he gave her £100k.the rest is damages.

Her social media presence is interesting. Verified on Instagram and appears to be some kind of model/influencer

Comments on some of her posts about this with replies defending her saying she knew nothing about the court case, didn’t turn up to defend herself and therefore lost by default🤔

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 255 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.