• This topic has 63 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • EUROVISION SEMIS on BBC 4, tonight, Tuesday at 20.00
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Deutschland to win.

Maradonna sounded awful …

binners

Madonna clearly had a scrap outside the kebab house at 3 this morning and she’s hiding a shiner she got from head butting a bloke called Tommo

Dear god, she was awful! Not even all the auto-tune in the world could cover it up

donks
    Free Member

Oh yes…and we came last. Get in.

chewkw
    Free Member

Last is fine … no need to organise the next event.😁

stumpyjon

Meh….

winston
    Free Member

Haha my house is full of Dutch teenagers going mad..

Still such a load of bollox – no way UK should have come last. Poor chap.

BillMC

and what are they hearing in Gaza? Boom Bang a Bang.
    Boycott this apartheid crap.

Drac

Boycott this apartheid crap.

Probably a bit late now.

Anyway the local rag comments page brings us some more genius thinking from the Brexit club.

Harry_the_Spider

We deserved no points last night. Other nations put in their Adele or Robbie and we send a lad that has a Saturday job in Timpsons.

Denmark were robbed though. The girls on the big chair were easily the best.

DrJ

How was the Palestinian entry?

Kuco

Other nations put in their Adele or Robbie

PMSL Are you being serious? Denmark was mediocre at best.

ernielynch

Palestine isn’t in Europe ffs.

Radioman

I think our entry was ok . The contest is about participating and is a bit (tongue in cheek) rather than being like an athletics championship with nations showcasing their very best( obviously some nations have different ideas and needs). The fact that we put in new talent and give them a chance is fine with me. This contest is about fun and I must say I enjoyed it . The real big shock for me was how flat Madonna was singing. I don’t know what seems to have happened to her pitching.

alpin
    Free Member

ernielynch

Palestine isn’t in Europe ffs

Errr…. Is Isreal?

ernielynch

Yeah but Israel is different, everyone knows that the rules which apply to everyone else don’t apply to Israel.

nim

Israel participate as part of the Broadcasting rules –

“The “European Broadcasting Area” is bounded on the west by the western boundary of Region 1, on the east by the meridian 40° East of Greenwich and on the south by the parallel 30° North so as to include the northern part of Saudi Arabia and that part of those countries bordering the Mediterranean within these limits. In addition, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and those parts of the territories of Iraq, Jordan, Syrian Arab Republic, Turkey and Ukraine lying outside the above limits are included in the European Broadcasting Area.”

So not sure about any special rules here.

Looking forward to Hamas permitting this on their watch, or any LGBT performers or rights for that matter.

Nico
    Free Member

I always enjoy the Greek entry

The benefits of a public school education.

nickc

Palestine isn’t in Europe ffs.

Neither is Australia, and they take part

Drac

Yeah but Israel is different, everyone knows that the rules which apply to everyone else don’t apply to Israel.

🤷🏻‍♂️

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Did anybody else get the impression that Madonna might not actually be very well? When she was being interviewed, she looked like she was in some discomfort and the way she was descending those stairs gave me the impression she was a touch arthritic. Falling backwards off the stage notwithstanding though….

ernielynch

Neither is Australia, and they take part

Well I wouldn’t claim to be an Eurovision expert, in fact I’m happy to admit my extensive ignorance of the subject, but as I understand it Australia has some sort associated membership and is not allowed to stage Eurovision events in Australia.

And I didn’t think I needed to spell it out but judging by Drac’s reaction, for example, to be clear what I meant by saying that the rules which apply to everyone else don’t apply to Israel is of course a reference to the fact that Israel is freely allowed to ignore the rules relating to war crimes, the Geneva Convention, and UN Resolutions.

I have no idea why nim threw in the ‘whatabout Hamas’.

nim

There was a question as to how the Palestinian entry was. As Hamas run Gaza, they don’t really go in for this type of thing.

ernielynch

I’m fairly sure that Palestine’s lack of participation in the Eurovision Song Contest has nothing to do with Hamas.

Hamas only govern a small area of Palestine – the Gaza Stop.

Besides, Israel’s siege and blockade of Gaza, in direct violation of UN resolutions, would make participation logistically impossible.

DrJ

The benefits of a public school education.

coffee-keyboard interface 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘EUROVISION SEMIS on BBC 4, tonight, Tuesday at 20.00’ is closed to new replies.