Viewing 40 posts - 58,401 through 58,440 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not defending him here but it doesn’t mean all profits are routed off shore. Therefore there will still be tax payments, any decent business would have sorted out off shore profits by now anyway so not sure how much difference there will be.

However it does mean that having your HQ in the UK is not a smart move in a post brexit world, highlights what a shit head some of the leaders of leave are

kerley
    Free Member

highlights what a shit head some of the leaders of leave are

Just some? I haven’t come across one that hasn’t just been in it for themselves (their own company, their own wealth, their own twisted view etc,.)

raybanwomble
    Free Member

The comments are glorious.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6619953/James-Dyson-relocates-SINGAPORE-despite-voting-Brexit.html#comments-6619953

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha

*Gasps for air*

Arrrrhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….

kimbers

The gammon meltdown over Dyson is both very funny & very sad

Not defending him here but it doesn’t mean all profits are routed off shore. Therefore there will still be tax payments, any decent business would have sorted out off shore profits by now anyway so not sure how much difference there will be.

Telegraph reporting it will mean £10s of millions lost to treasury a year according to R4 paper review

raybanwomble
    Free Member

**** them all Kimbers.

This has made my day, I might become a **** Buddhist now because clearly karma is real.

slowoldman

Much as I dislike reading the Fail and in full knowledge that it is frowned upon to link to it I feel compelled to mention this delightful summary of the Grieve and Cooper amendments in that article (my highlighting).

MPs Dominic Grieve (pictured left) and Yvette Cooper (pictured right) have revealed their plot to water down Brexit by tabling amendments which overturn over 100 years of Commons procedure to try to hijack the debate.

Hehe.

cheers_drive

I feel dirty for clicking on that Daily Heil link but I’m surprised at the about of anti-brexit posts

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

dannyh

There are only two types of people who now believe in Brexit.

1. Exploiters who stand to gain personally (monetarily or politically or both).

2. Morons.

There are no exceptions to this now.

This. Squared.

Also surprised at the number of anti brexit posts in the heil, but the dark side is strong in many of them.
    “its because he fears that brexit will be stopped!”
    “its because of how hes been treated by the elites in the UK.”

Priceless that they get to vote.
    Scary that they might get on a jury someday.

rone

Seriously – big business acting in their own (or shareholders) interests? Absolutely nothing new there

We’ve been on that trajectory for decades.

Did everyone go bonkers when he stopped making plastic vacs in the (2003) UK? Did you bring up the EU then? No we just said it was a commercial enterprise doing what it does to make more money.

Brexit is getting the rap for all things that pop off our shores which is exactly the perfect smoke screen for the race to the bottom we’ve been on since Thatcher started dismantling the state.

The fuss over Dyson is ludicrous in the grand scheme of things especially given his biggest market is the USA.

I’m more surprised by the dildos expecting some sort of loyalty!

That ship has sailed.

kimbers

But Rone 10s of millions lost to the treasury means more austerity, I thought you were against that ?

norbert-colon

The fuss over Dyson isn’t due to Brexit in general or indeed about a greedy multinational looking after itself.

The fuss is about the level of drivel he has spoken about Brexit and how it is good for business in the UK. He’s one of the few in business to come out in support.

It seems that he isn’t willing to stay here with the rest of us and take a slice of the shit pie he helped promote. That’s not surprising to most of us, but there are a whole load of folks who have put this guy’s views forward as justification as to why “it’ll be alright cos Dyson says so and he’s a clever bloke right?”

So I am in agreement with ryanwomble… **** em all

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

rone,
    Weird coincidence that hes moving things now eh?
    If its “nothingtodowithbrexit” then why not wait a few months, and at least show support for his previous position?

Its almost like something big is going to happen that will be detrimental to his billions.

Exploiter or moron? Evidence is pointing only one way (one way for him, another for you).

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

I think I should withdraw from commenting for now, because I’m properly angry.

Brexit was a shit position, but at least it was a position.

Now it seems that all of the top brextards have not only served us a shit souffle “by accident” (if the reports yesterday about Cameron are to be believed), but day by day its becoming obvious that none of them actually believed in what they were shovelling.

Its exhausting.

Brexiters who took a big bite of the mystery souffle and swallowed it down should probably be angrier than the average remainer by now.

dissonance

but day by day its becoming obvious that none of them actually believed in what they were shovelling.

Oh they believe in it just with a few minor amendments to who will benefit. Its just whilst there will be plenty of opportunity to profit it will be mostly for those outside the tent pissing in as opposed to the poor sods still inside.
    Hence making sure they have an out.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Did everyone go bonkers when he stopped making plastic vacs in the (2003)

I wouldn’t say “bonkers” but yes, there was quite a bit of negative publicity towards him around then.

Did you bring up the EU then?

The word “Brexit” hadn’t even been coined.

No we just said it was a commercial enterprise doing what it does to make more money.

I’m sure I remember plenty more being said at the time.

Not that I expect corporations to act “morally”, but y’know, let’s not rewrite what happened.

PrinceJohn

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46971390

What is wrong with the people in charge? Seriously – I don’t think I have ever felt so lost & disillusioned with those in power.

norbert-colon

Liam Fox = cockend

Imagine what his spitting image puppet would have been like!

We could do with that show back now f’sure

dissonance

Did everyone go bonkers when he stopped making plastic vacs in the (2003) UK? Did you bring up the EU then?

Its worth noting part of his argument for moving manufacturing out of the UK was because the UK hadnt joined the Euro.

TiRed

We could do with that show back now f’sure

Sattire is dead. Spitting Image would now be seen as fly-on-the-wall observation. Armando Iannucci is taking time off because he said nothing he could come up with would appear as absurd as the reality we are faced will!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/how-do-you-write-political-satire-when-politics-are-a-farce/2018/03/29/76897978-3206-11e8-94fa-32d48460b955_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a64cb436a4a1

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

Satire may be dead, but we’re even lacking in jokes.
    I’ve been watching the Late Show with Stephen Colbert on youtube. At least the ‘merkins have something to help them laugh at dumpster fire while it consumes them.

Also, on a more serious note, they also have a judicial system that remains somewhat independent of political power and is prepared to investigate foreign influence and money.

scud
    Free Member

I think it is difficult to see any humour in this at the moment, i used to love listening to the shows like The News Quiz on Radio 4, but even they are struggling to find anything funny in this. I think we are so far down the rabbit hole now, we can no longer see any light at the end, it has gone on for so long, and to know that it will go on for years yet suppresses any optimism.

The only positive i think from all of this, is that it has been great for a Facebook “friends” cull, slightest whiff of being a Leaver, and off they go……

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

We can laugh at their incompetence, inconsistency & lies. Its better than taking them seriously and listening to them like adults with justifiable sensible opinions. People recommending “no deal” should be in residential care not in TV studios with presenters nodding along encouragingly.

Tapes of brexiters saying “only an idiot would leave the single market” should be shown every time they pop up to justify setting fire to our collective trousers and running way.

We’re surrounded by lying clowns and we’re still taking them seriously through habit.

Laughter is the best disinfectant*

*I can think of**.
    **That doesn’t involve public execution.

slowoldman

Brexiters who took a big bite of the mystery souffle and swallowed it down should probably be angrier than the average remainer by now.

Sadly I feel many are so deluded they still believe the bullshit.

dannyh
    Free Member

But there simply isn’t the time to laugh at it all properly. Gone are the days when anything stands out for being utterly ludicrous. Redwood’s miming to the Welsh Anthem just wouldn’t be as surprising now. And loads of ministers escape censure because – there’s always Grayling.

I don’t think the majority of people would ‘get’ Spitting Image now – they’d just sit there going “cor, look at the silly face on that puppet, oooooh no a funnier one”.

fadda

As an English man who moved to Wales not long before that, I can’t even hear Redwood’s name without that image coming to mind. Hilarious then, but utterly appalling now, given where he is and what he’s doing/done…

Northwind

Yep, when you think of all the cabinet ministers that would have been the most incompetent, most untrustworthy and most punchable in practically any previous cabinet, it’s downright bizarre. Grayling doesn’t even make the top 5 and that makes no sense at all.

mickmcd
    Free Member

am more disturbed pets at home are stockpiling catfood…..is a story

thepurist

It’s even more of a story when you discover that there’s a cat food curry recipe in HM Govs No Deal re-release of the Protect & Survive leaflet.

(may be fake news 😉 )

martinhutch

The page after that is a cat curry recipe, for when you run out of cat food.

kerley
    Free Member

Especially as the majority of cats voted for Leave which wasn’t surprising given their self serving nature.

jam-bo

typical brexiteer, clearly wanted to have his cake and eat it…

zippykona

That will learn em for givin there shop a forren name.

PrinceJohn

Bruges Group Meeting: Jacob Rees Mogg, Crispin Blunt and Roger Bootle Live from Westminster #mogg #brugesgroup #brexit #betterdeal #standup4brexit

Posted by The Bruges Group on Wednesday, January 23, 2019

JRM currently doing a Facebook livestream if anyone wants to heckle

PrinceJohn

Oh wow – sorry didn’t realise it would post a live video of him…

chestrockwell

The fuss over Dyson isn’t due to Brexit in general or indeed about a greedy multinational looking after itself.

The fuss is about the level of drivel he has spoken about Brexit and how it is good for business in the UK. He’s one of the few in business to come out in support.

It seems that he isn’t willing to stay here with the rest of us and take a slice of the shit pie he helped promote. That’s not surprising to most of us, but there are a whole load of folks who have put this guy’s views forward as justification as to why “it’ll be alright cos Dyson says so and he’s a clever bloke right?”

This.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Maybot had a point today on PMQ comrade of the house will sit with the IRA but not have a serious conversation with her

ransos
    Free Member

No we just said it was a commercial enterprise doing what it does to make more money.

You may have done, I certainly didn’t buy his bullshit excuses. Funny how Miele can afford to manufacture in Germany…

PrinceJohn

Maybot had a point today on PMQ comrade of the house will sit with the IRA but not have a serious conversation with her

Because they were willing to have an open mind & stop bombing? She just keeps repeating the same mantra?
    (Not that I like to defend Jezza too much)

theotherjonv

This is just dumb-assery on both sides. Corbyn for refusing to engage without May being willing to open discussions about no deal; go and talk and show willing at least, you certainly won’t make progress unless you do talk (and yah-boo-suckery over the dispatch box doesn’t count)

meanwhile, May just keeps trotting out the ‘only way to avoid No Deal is to back my deal’ which is neither a negotiating stance or in fact true. And this crap about talking to the IRA or HAMAS or whoever is also shit – at least they had stuff to discuss rather than an entirely closed face.

In my life i don’t think a problem has ever been made less soluble by communicating more. If they were my kids I’d shut them in their rooms with no pudding until they agreed to stop being **** about it. Fortunately they aren’t my kids or I’d be deeply ashamed at what they are doing.

Viewing 40 posts - 58,401 through 58,440 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.