Viewing 40 posts - 40,641 through 40,680 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • oldnpastit

(@thm: I don’t think you looked at my post on page 1,161).

aracer
    Free Member

I’m struggling to decide which is more funny, Hannan’s initial tweet, his follow up https://twitter.com/DanielJHannan/status/941995264637833216 or THM completely missing the point of how Hannan is completely missing the point.

oldnpastit

It’s so simple.

1. We have an open border between the UK and RoI, just like Hannan says. At a stroke, the Irish problem is solved.

2. We impose WTO tariffs on goods coming to the UK which immediately raises £Billions so the NHS can get its £350M/wk, just like Jamba said.

Honestly, I don’t know what the problem is.

Leku
    Free Member

You “should” be wishing and supporting a deal that specifically addressed OUR needs. Radical thought I know

It’s just a shame that OUR NEEDS were / are best supported by being part of the EU. Norway style it is then. Great idea THM.

mattyfez

Oh my lord, that’s.. I’m not sure what that is, he’s either a complete idiot or completely evil.

thecaptain
    Free Member

“Norway style”?? Our needs are best served by just staying in.

slowoldman

You “should” be wishing and supporting a deal that specifically addressed OUR needs.

Which are?

We impose WTO tariffs on goods coming to the UK which immediately raises £Billions so the NHS can get its £350M/wk, just like Jamba said.

I thought that money was coming just by not paying into the EU, not by raising additional taxes through tariffs.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Only according to.a minority Leku. I know this inconvenient fact keeps getting in the way.

Norway’s model is incomplete too. I’m very glad that our negotiators are ignoring the proposals on here. Good on them.

oldnpastit

I thought that money was coming just by not paying into the EU, not by raising additional taxes through tariffs.

Well, for starters, we don’t give £350M/wk to the EU do we, so to keep the promise, we need to do something on top of that.

A few weeks ago Jamba was proposing using WTO levies to cover the bill, but I can’t be bothered to find the quote.

oldnpastit

But back to Hannan’s proposal of a Swiss-style Brexit, presumably we’d be expected to contribute to the EU budget, in exactly the same way that Switzerland does today?

dissonance

Only according to.a minority Leku. I know this inconvenient fact keeps getting in the way.

What fact is that?
    Our needs are best served by remaining or leaving the EU (lets leave aside which one it is).
    That doesnt change according to whether it is the minority or majority.

That is leaving aside the fact we dont actually know it is a minority now.
    Since undemocratic types, such as yourself, are opposed to bothering to ask the people again.

dissonance

presumably we’d be expected to contribute to the EU budget, in exactly the same way that Switzerland does today?

Of course not. We also wouldnt have to agree to laws passed by the EU either. Johnny foreigner will dance to our tune.

Remember 350 million extra and increased sovereignty. Which is good news because the professional politician Farage is apparently whining he is broke.

igm

IGM. Did you alter ego appear yesterday? Unlike you

I was bored and took a dislike to someone quoting stats they’d found without trying to understand them.
    That individual isn’t the only one of course.

slowoldman

Well, for starters, we don’t give £350M/wk to the EU do we,

But, but, but… The bus?!!

sr0093193
    Free Member

I’m very glad that our negotiators are ignoring the proposals on here.

Literacy levels at an all time low today?

Leku
    Free Member

THM – tell me what sort of exit you’d like to see and I’ll tell you that a majority didn’t vote for that either.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

IGM – now that’s below the belt. Are you suggesting that mefty is joking the remoamers?

thecaptain
    Free Member

our negotiators are ignoring the proposals on here

ROFL. “our negotiators” aren’t yet in any position to start negotiating anything because the cabinet hasn’t had any discussions beyond cake and eating it fantasies.

igm

Not at all. I think he believes something that may or may not actually be true but makes a good story.

mattyfez

Meanwhile at the express, they still don’t know the difference between ‘consider having a debate’ and actually ‘having’ a debate 😛

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Have you had the news turned off for the last few weeks Captain ?

I appreciate that we have now arrived at a position many argued was impossible to achieve, so perhaps it’s still the shock?

igm

THM – to be fair I think folk argued we couldn’t solve the Irish border, and I don’t think anyone thinks we have.

mattyfez

The Irish border is still very much the elephant in the room.

Speaking of elephants in rooms *nobody mention Gibraltar! *

Leaving the EU is like trying to turn a sausage back into a pig.

dudeofdoom

I appreciate that we have now arrived at a position many argued was impossible to achieve, so perhaps it’s still the shock?

Nope

NI plaster and a fking huge bung.

Not dissing negiotors but we Should have got here sooner and probably retired DD earlier.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Not at alL, but I accept that the tag team have been quiet of late so we have missed the wilder stuff.

But on your point, this was presented as an impassable stumbling block. Are we suggesting that the Irish have now been sold out by both sides?

igm

No. Just kicked down the road for now

Of course stay in the CU and SM and the problem goes away so you may be right that people want to see if we’re doing that. 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

certainly agree with the should have got here sooner bit. 100%

mattyfez

certainly agree with the should have got here sooner bit. 100%

Any diligent government would have preempted this.

Our government went in blind.

aracer
    Free Member

On the contrary, there’s a really simple way to solve the Irish border issue, and it seems the grown ups have recognised that. I’m just surprised Mogg and his mates aren’t complaining more about us staying in the SM and the CU in the long term.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

“In”?!?! 😯

Maintaining “access to”…..

igm

Naah. In.

Access is so 12 months ago.

aracer
    Free Member

Doesn’t solve the Irish border problem

kelvin

[ Pops in… sees the same THM gameplay… closes thread ]

jambalaya
    Free Member

Doesn’t solve the Irish border problem

Says you.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think says nearly everyone.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yup we give the £363m (and rising) a week, we get back our rebate a year later. Some of that £363m comes back to is via other project spending (about £200m net)

Now we have all the other commitments which Remain didn’t tell is about … various loan commitments (loans or gifts ?) and the pension deficit

As I posted before Ireland has been setup by the EU and then ignored by them as “nothing is agreed” including the “what happens if no trade deal is done” provision, shocking really. If Ireland veto the final deal they get WTO and a whole world of trouble – why should the UK make their life easy if they block a negotiated deal with a mechanism for no hard border ?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Has anyone else done an idiot troll scale / ranking for the posters on here?

The Moderators. Have a look at ban history in particular those who had lengthy bans. The Mods are even kind enough to highlght them with special tags.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Come on Jamby, time to get some facts out….
    Name the countries with a successful WTO trading platform.
    In terms of obligations and costings it was all clear, showing that despite all the facts being available leave still didn’t manage to come up with the right figure tells you a lot.
    The first simple point is that the rebate is applied like a discount. It’s taken off before any payment is made.

You and your views are a clear example of why Brexit will never work and will never bring people together, you have such a wide range of views which contradict logic or other leavers ideas that nobody will be happy with the outcome.

martinhutch

Latest traitor/enemy of the people news:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5186797/Britons-Remain-Leave-10-points.html

apols for DM link, obvs.

igm

Traitorous DM.

Or is that traitorous majority of the British people?

Viewing 40 posts - 40,641 through 40,680 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.