Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 172 total)
  • End of the road for Magnetodog :-(
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that mate.

onehundredthidiot

Dave (2) and Terry)(10), are hoping for good news.

Tiger6791

Thanks all

9 months ago I started this post

I thought that was the end, since then we’ve had 2 holidays with him and a whole load of extra family time. He’s done alright really

I’m with him all day today but over the past 3 days he’s gone downhill, he’s not eaten much and hardly left his bed

He’s still wagging his tail a bit but I don’t want to see him suffer so we’ll just have to see how the day goes.

wwaswas

Sorry to hear that, I don’t think non-dog owners quite understand the feelings losing one creates – difficult day for you.

cardo

Dusty eyes here over the morning porridge…. our lab in a similar condition and age is hanging in there, it’s heartbreaking. Good luck today, be strong mate.

PiknMix
    Free Member

This is rubbish news. Magneto dog is strong, I hope this is just another blip.

theotherjonv

Fingers crossed for you both. He hasn’t caught a glimpse of the Ling thread and given up hope for humankind has he?

magnetodog
    Free Member

He hasn’t caught a glimpse of the Ling thread and given up hope for humankind has he?

I GIVE UP !!!!!!!!

theotherjonv

is he adding the extras on to his Superb? Not wishing to make light of the situation but if the worst should happen, as long as it’s in the next 14 days he won’t have to pay a penny.

Enough jokes. Fingers crossed for him.

matt_outandabout

Hi Tiger – any update?

Tiger6791

He’s still here, he’s been okay today had some cooked chicken and cuddles but it’s definitely looking inevitable before the week is over I think. 🙁

matt_outandabout

🙁

breninbeener

Im sending you both a hug

alpineharry
    Free Member

Give him many a hug from me, we lost our dog last week at 16 and was heartbreaking, as I’m only 21 I grew up with her from a young age and was very upsetting to hear she’d passed. Hope all is well and that you make your last moments together special and memorable.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Make his last days as good as you can. At least you know what is happening and can make the most of his last time here.

We lost our furry companion last week after 10 years of mayhem at Casa Monkfinger. Really missing the old hound right now. Silly sausage ran out in front of a car, went after something small from our garden and was gone before we knew it. Just too much got broken, the vets could do nothing.

Tiger6791

We’re off to see the vet this afternoon 🙁

Lots of treats, lots of cuddles, chicken for breakfast

Last little walk and sniff around

Its not been a good day emotionally but I can’t see him suffer

perchypanther
    Free Member

😥

Au revoir, Magnetodog.

Your legend will live on.

theotherjonv

My heart goes out to you; been there with pets and after having made a wrong call some time back I now stick with my principle of better a week too soon than a day too late.

:sad face:

Onzadog
    Free Member

I don’t envy you this day but you know deep down you’re doing the right thing. You’ll never forget this, but that ratio of remembering the good times to the bad will improve with the passage of time.

It wouldn’t hurt so bad if we didn’t love them so much.

neallyman
    Free Member

Not a dog owner but definitely a dog lover, and I’m feeling sad for you both. Just think of all the laughs your dog brought to strangers like me on singletrack forum. All the best for the days ahead.

Tiger6791

It’s the right thing to do, he’s been with me over 14 years almost every day but he’s not the dog he was, his legs keep collapsing under him and to stretch it out because I don’t want him to go isn’t right.

Ho hum

At least he got involved 🙂

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/some-dog-owners-make-me-very-angry/page/13#post-3299062

hot_fiat

Sending hugs. I hate losing pets.

Awesome dog and awesome owner.

Wookster

Heart goes out to you mate.

gozarch
    Free Member

Best of luck Tiger and farewell Magnetodog 😥
    It’s a shit experience all ways round, but the right thing to do. We lost ours aged 13 in April last year and it still sucks.

Some great memories though, and she didn’t even get famous on a bike forum!

DezB
    Free Member

Aw, that’s sad.

When you think how we look back at dusty old photos of our past dogs’ lives, I reckon it’ll be really nice to be able to look over the STW threads in years to come. I’ll certainly be chuckling over my old “Predator” thread when Hope goes. She has a while yet, fortunately.

rhinofive

man alive; best part of twenty years since I had to go though the same thing with my best mate Charlie Pongo and I’m now sat at my desk with tears rolling down my face.

I guess if he didn’t still mean so much, it wouldn’t still hurt

nothing anyone can say will make it easy, but hopefully the good times will be more easily remembered than the bad

jimmy

All Black Labs are legends but time catches up on them so you’re doing the right thing. Remember the great times, rest / chase squirrels / dream / eat anything in peace, MD.

RustySpanner

Stand down fella.

Best forum dog ever, a damn good owner too.

All the best folks.

Tiger6791
    monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Dogs are ace. Smudgers the Border Terrier sends hugs and fur.
    (Love the above link)
    Bye Magnetodog 😥

scc999

Sad times Tiger – wish there was something anyone could say to make it easier.

Bye bye Magnetodog.

spawnofyorkshire

Dusty as f*** in here

Sorry you had to say goodbye to your friend today op

doris5000

never been a dog owner but the thought of having to take him for a last walk and then off to the vet is absolutely bloody heartbreaking.

sorry to hear it dude.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sad sad news, but his tails wagging just waiting for you turn up one day.. 😐

Drac

Awww! Worst part of owning a dog. He looked tired in those photos you made the right choice.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

That Oatmel comic always cracks me up – its so fing true!

cinnamon_girl

So sorry to hear this, Magnetodog brightened our lives on here and showed real character. Remember the good times Tiger.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Really sad news, dogs just don’t last long enough.

cardo

Chin up fella, probably the hardest thing a man can do.
    That damn dust has got me again.
    Rip magnet dog

myopic
    Free Member

I dread the day I’m in your shoes, Tiger, and only hope I have your fortitude when it comes. Our Lab is 11.5 so hopefully a few years to go, but since she’s been with me virtually all day every day since 8 weeks old (I work from home) I just can’t imagine life without her. Hugs from both of us – he’s just her type! (She’s always had a thing for older black labs)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘End of the road for Magnetodog :-(’ is closed to new replies.