Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 172 total)
  • End of the road for Magnetodog :-(
  • jamj1974

So sorry Tiger. Bye Magnetodog – good lad.

rickmeister

Sorry to hear this Tiger… We lost 3 pets in 6 months…. It’s painful but does get easier with time….

keefmac

Tiger, that sucks. remember all the good times. You’ve done the right thing for him. Murphy looked a great dog, and Magnetodog will not be forgotten around here. all the best

Rockape63
    Free Member

Virtual hug from me too…..I feel your pain!

angeldust
    Free Member

??

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Must be the worst choice to have to make but if he was suffering you’ve done the kindest thing 😥

Our black lab has just turned 12 and we’re going to have to make the same decision soon. He had a lump removed and beat cancer a couple years ago but it’s come back again in his mouth now. He’s ok at the moment but the vet said it’ll probably only be a few months max before it gets to the point where it’ll start affecting him 🙁

matt_outandabout

Virtual hugs.

dovebiker

We lost our first 2 hounds within 3 months of each other – heartbreaking. Our current 2 are 10 and 11 and sadly it now comes up in conversation as to how we’d cope. Choccy lab Darcey sends hugs.

bruneep

Bugger ? looks like he’s had a good long life. Not much more you can do now apart from doing the right thing for him.

Not looking forward to that day when it comes for Archie.

Tiger6791

Well that was horrible and will go down as one of my worst days ever

Time to hit the whisky

🙁

Thanks for all the replies, it’s quite distracting and cathartic

beefheart
    Free Member

csb

You’ve done right by him today. I wish we could do right by humans in a similar way, having seen loved ones suffer.

keithd
    Free Member

Know the feeling Tiger, it’s horrible. Get your whisky and remember the fun times! Best wishes to you all

jimw
    Free Member

So sorry, thinking of you and your family. Almost exactly a year ago we went through it I hope that you, like we eventually did, realise that you have done the best you could have done and that today it was the right thing for him

Onzadog
    Free Member

As awful as it feels when we have to do this, I still wish someone would do this for me when my time comes.

drewd

Sorry to hear this Tiger. We had to make that call 3 years and 2 months ago, so know first hand how truly crap it feels. It sounds like you did right by him for 14 years though, and did right by him today. You’ve got a lot of happy memories of him, cling on to them.

Good night Magnetodog and take it easy Tiger.

bearnecessities

Cat person here, but I am sorry to hear that – he had such a lovely softie look about him and made me smile more than any sanctimonious cat ever did.

Night MD, best member on here 🙂

codybrennan
    Free Member

Ach, so sorry for your loss T.

Tiger6791

Just locked the back door, nobody to let out, nobody to have final one sided chat with before switching the kitchen lights off.

😥

velocipede
    Free Member

So sorry to hear this Tiger6791…..the memories will be with you forever….remember the love you gave and the love he felt…..best wishes

Junkyard
    Free Member

feel for you was a while before i finished a meal as i always left something for my dog

best wished fella best wishes

Tiger6791

Well my christmas present just turned up

Mrs Tiger commissioned a canvas painting from a photo of him from a guy that just does pet portraits, best xmas present eva!!

Now he gets to go on the wall 😀

eddiebaby
    Free Member

8)

scc999

Lovely pic.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Nice portrait.

You really should stick a magnet behind the canvas so you can occasionally stick a spoon to him from time to time.

parkesie
    Free Member

It’s a little dusty in here. And 2nd the magnet idea

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nice pic, he looks happy.

Tiger6791

You really should stick a magnet behind the canvas so you can occasionally stick a spoon to him from time to time.

Genius!

Definitely doing that 🙂

Wookster

What a gorgeous pic!!

stumpy01

Wow, that is a lovely pic!
    And the magnet idea is pure bloody genius!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Beautiful portrait. Crikey, that’d pull on the heart strings!

jamj1974

Beautiful. I literally have tears in my eyes.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Mrs Tiger commissioned a canvas painting from a photo of him from a guy that just does pet portraits,

Really like that painting 8) Is the person that did it a professional that does it for a living?

Just asking as we had to have our black lab put down last week and something like that might make a good present for the missus.

dmck16
    Free Member

That canvas looks stunning.

Although it’s often hard for an artist to capture a pets character, only you as the owner can be the judge of that. Hopefully he has.

Similarly, we had a cracking piece commissioned a couple of years ago, hand burned onto a slab of sycamore and mounted onto the wall.

I’ll try and embed below.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just locked the back door, nobody to let out, nobody to have final one sided chat with before switching the kitchen lights off.

Oh man. 🙁

Mine aren’t one sided…she speaks back to me in a high pitched human voice, although it does seem to be my lips that are moving. 😆

Anyway, great portrait. Has the artist got a website? Might drum up a bit of business from here for him/her.

DezB
    Free Member

Canvas is really nicely done. Good one Mrs.Tiger 🙂

wwaswas

speaks back to me in a high pitched human voice, although it does seem to be my lips that are moving

Our one talks to my wife when we’re in the park using a similar technique. And then she realises we’re not at home, are in the middle of a conversation with some other dog owners and blushes.

surfer
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that Tiger but it sounds like he couldnt have had a better mate

Tiger6791

So every ending sparks a new beginning

Nearly a year ago we said goodbye to Murphy (Magnetodog)

This weekend we said hello to these 2. Both rescues that came as an inseparable pair.

They seem to be settling in fine

Neither are magnetic though.

bruneep

*like*

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘End of the road for Magnetodog :-(’ is closed to new replies.