Home Forums Chat Forum Emulsion Paint Sprayers. Home use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Emulsion Paint Sprayers. Home use.
  • sparkerfix

Are they any good and can any be recommend one?  Non professional, just reasonable DIY. Thinking of taking the plunge with one. Ta.

choppersquad
    Free Member

If you want to spray larger areas like walls and ceilings a Graco GX21 would be a good shout but for smaller areas or cupboard doors etc I have the handheld Graco sprayer which runs off DeWalt batteries and is very easy to prime/use/clean up.

sparkerfix

I got the cellar and stair/landing to do.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I bought a cheaply mains powered one from Amazon and used it for painting 23 internal doors.

It worked well.

Northwind

I got a very cheap one with a separate compressor and hose, works fantastic but I did trip over it quite a lot. I see the “for makita” cordless invasion is well and truly on for these, I’d be tempted to try that just for the convenience. Sometimes I found the paint seemed to sort of “sit on top” especialyl when I was doing some previously treated wood, I ended up basically spraying on and then quickly brushing over just to sort of work it in, on those bits which was a wee bit annoying but still miles faster than brushing or rollering especially with shapes and edges and such.

The main thing is to be quick on the cleaning, lots and lots of water, especially at the cheap end where teh “needle” is usually plastic. It’s very, very helpful if it comes with a separate lid for the paint tank, so you can just seal it up between coats or jobs rather than having to empty it every time, I think most decent ones will.

retrorick

I had a decent £100 Wagner sprayer and I broke it using thick paint! Prior to breaking it it worked well painting ceiling roses and other stuff which would have looked poor with brush painting

I bought another cheaper sprayer £50 which I’ve yet to use but I reckon it’ll be just as good if I thin the paint correctly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.