Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,034 total)
  • Elon Musk
  • kelvin

So… IBM and Apple have finally pulled their ads from X over him promoting the “great replacement” conspiracy theory nonsense (you know, the one combines antisemitism and white supremacy).

somafunk

If you want to see just how openly racist Elon Musk is then have a look at the thread below from a civil rights lawyer in the states. Turns out he’s just as racist as his father and grandfather. 

https://x.com/SIfill_/status/1725148264545112137?s=20

grahamt1980

Apparently he is going to open a thermonuclear lawsuit on media matters now.
    That will be fun

oldnpastit

It’s been an alt-right site for a while – what are any of these companies doing advertising there at this point?

Has IBM learned the lessons from last time around?

ratherbeintobago

@grahamt1980 To a point. It’s (yet more) lawfare and I suspect the civil rights orgs that he’ll want to sue won’t have massively deep pockets.

scuttler

“The split second court opens on Monday, X Corp will be filing a thermonuclear lawsuit against Media Matters and ALL those who colluded in this fraudulent attack on our company,” Musk said in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Sounds just like that other overly-influential US-based man baby. Can’t stand either of them. I wouldn’t buy a Tesla on principle I hope his next mega-rocket (today???) sharts itself.

DrJ

Well apparently he will be banning users who “advocate genocide”, which you might think is fair enough, except that the only examples he’s given so far of “advocating genocide” are calling for ‘decolonialisation’ and ‘from the river to the sea’. It’s getting reminiscent of Chinese social media where critics of Xi have to do so by posting pictures of Winnie the Pooh. Luckily Musk is not the owner of any gulags to send violators to. Unless you count Tesla factories.

oldnpastit

Unless you count Tesla factories.

Tesla workers are striking in Sweden.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/sweden-tesla-strike-cleaners

footflaps

He’s turning into Ken Lingstone, he just can’t help but put his foot endlessly in the same hole..

thols2

I suspect the civil rights orgs that he’ll want to sue won’t have massively deep pockets.

Civil rights groups usually have their own lawyers and also get free representation from volunteers. The last thing Elon should ever do is put himself in a position where he’s obliged to testify in court under oath. It sounds to me like his rant actually confirmed that the Media Matters reports were correct – they only have to show that it happened a single time and he has no case.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/business/2023/11/18/elon-musk-vows-to-take-us-watchdog-to-court-over-fraudulent-attack/

MSP

It’s been an alt-right site for a while – what are any of these companies doing advertising there at this point?

Because there are customers stupid enough to still be using his right wing propaganda site.

Drac

Didn’t Spitting Image do a song about him?

thols2

oldnpastit

Sounds just like that other overly-influential US-based man baby. Can’t stand either of them. I wouldn’t buy a Tesla on principle I hope his next mega-rocket (today???) sharts itself.

About that….

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2023/nov/18/elon-musk-spacex-loses-contact-with-starship-rocket-after-second-launch-attempt

thols2

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Love what SpaceX is doing, but I thought my opinion of Musk could not sink any lower 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

ratherbeintobago

Didn’t Spitting Image do a song about him?

I’m not sure I’ve Never Met A Nice South African is about him?

DrJ

Totally off-topic, for which humble apologies, but on another thread I mentioned the issue of Armenians in Israel and a book by William Dalrymple, and I just saw this Tweet and wanted to share it, or at least write dowen the reference.

https://x.com/DalrympleWill/status/1725616557089562652?s=20

Poopscoop

He had so many toys to play with, so many, he literally has his own rocket…. But he is as addicted to X as badly as pubescent boy with frontal lobes that still haven’t fully developed and just can’t stop himself.

It’s almost poetic really, he’s ensnared in a trap that he owns.

johnnystorm

I’m surprised to learn that there are any “real” companies still advertising on X. All I see now are chinese drop shippers with their text book sped up videos selling aliexpress tat.

ChrisL

It’s kind of depressing how much of the commentary and reporting about the awful things going on with Twitter are being posted on Twitter.

ratherbeintobago

Well, if anyone is after a Bluesky code you merely need ask on this thread…

tjmoore

Threads has seen an upsurge in activity and users, although sadly the dregs of Xhitter are moving over there also. Still the algorithms there are mostly keeping my feed to bikes and geek stuff.

bigginge

Looks like it might all be getting to him a little bit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67574396

thols2

The Tesla and SpaceX boss apologised on Wednesday for that post, saying it might be the “dumbest” thing he has ever shared online.

That’s quite a competitive category.

binners

An interesting marketing strategy to tell your potential advertisers to ‘go **** themselves!’

Elon Musk hurls defiant, profanity-laced retort at fleeing advertisers

I wonder what X is now worth, compared to the 44 billion he paid for it, after his latest Gerald Ratner moment?

kelvin

It’s certainly an “interesting” way to win back the advertisers that X needs.

On a related note… big companies need to look to new ways to have a marketing presence on the internet… Google, Facebook and X have all been shown to be wilfully impotent when it comes to adverts sitting alongside content than damages brands, especially those aimed at entire families.

BruceWee

Google, Facebook and X have all been shown to be wilfully impotent when it comes to adverts sitting alongside content than damages brands, especially those aimed at entire families.

I mentioned it on one of the STW ads threads but I think we are starting to reach the end game of the ‘free stuff for your data’ business model.  The fact that youtube has been trying (unsuccessfully) to wage war on adblockers tells me that if even YT can’t make it work then the end is nigh.

convert

Autistic man with no one around him who he will take advice from struggles to understand how to relate to other people shocka.

matt_outandabout

Google, Facebook and X have all been shown to be wilfully impotent when it comes to adverts sitting alongside content than damages brands, especially those aimed at entire families.

I have been pondering this. Facebook particularly is now so utterly toxic as an advertiser, why would we use the platform?

We are having conversations at work about dumping X and Facebook and putting all that effort back into our website, articles and organic growth. We have already backed off Instagram. Linkedin still works well – and is growing bigger than the others for us in terms of reach and quality.

fasthaggis

Threads has seen an upsurge in activity and users.

Along with the big advertiser boycott,could Threads crush Elon’s dream?

dissonance

It’s certainly an “interesting” way to win back the advertisers that X needs.

10d chess. We just cant see the genius of the move.

Poopscoop

It’s incredible really. Most of the damage he does to X could be stopped by him simply not posting on X.

The algorithm has him addicted to the platform as much as the ordinary plebs that use it.

It’s almost poetic in a sad way.

nickc

Most of the damage he does to X could be stopped by him simply not posting on X.

Sure, but as @convert points out, that’s most of the reason he bought it. More than anything else, he wants people to like him, and to think that he’s clever and witty. This is him trying to do that. The fact that like all billionaires; he’s a alt-right fuckpuddle just makes it more pathetic. 

franksinatra

Funnily enough I don’t really see many ads on Twitter, or I’m just not aware of them.

I’ve pretty much stopped opening Facebook through as adverts make up more than 50% of my feed. I’m just not interested in scrolling though adverts.

stumpy01

With this latest outburst, it seems like Elon is following the Gerald Ratner School of Business.

crazy-legs

The fact that like all billionaires; he’s a alt-right fuckpuddle just makes it more pathetic.

I just feel that this insult needs more recognition.
    👏👏👏👏👏👏

ratherbeintobago

as much as the ordinary plebs that use it.

So he’s deserting it in droves then too? 

MSP

I mentioned it on one of the STW ads threads but I think we are starting to reach the end game of the ‘free stuff for your data’ business model.  The fact that youtube has been trying (unsuccessfully) to wage war on adblockers tells me that if even YT can’t make it work then the end is nigh.

If the youtube subscription was a “use google ecosystem without us harvesting your data” then I would probably consider that value. Frankly the biggest problem with youtube, now (apart from the adverts) is the failure of the algorithm to display anything new and interesting, so while they might be getting some users addicted to conflict and controversy, they are turning off many more users, twitter and facebook are doing/have done the same.

Flaperon

Autistic man with no one around him who he will take advice from struggles to understand how to relate to other people shocka.

There’s no shortage of people on Twitter who stick the word “autistic” in their profile and use it as an excuse to justify some abhorrent behaviour.

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,034 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.