• This topic has 148 replies, 85 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • Ed's Head's Back! The Vain Vagrant
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Cool story bro. Tell me more…

That’s just the sort of dismissive thing a clique would say.

When that van has done running over Mr Oxley, immagonna send it after yous.

…maybe give it a new paint job first.

brant
    Free Member

Cool story bro. Tell me more…

Slowrider claimed he was more into flowy natural stuff, trains, beer, Wales, the seaside or naked bums.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-latest-jedi-video-blog#post-6099342

And just generally promoting skills training in the uk…
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/jedis-latest-video-blog

Good job.

Dave
    Free Member

That’s just the sort of dismissive thing a clique would say.

Or someone bored by the ‘clique’ accusation.

It’s a video that’s been clearly influenced by our forum, hence the name, for a start.

It’s likely to create a good love/hate discussion given the style and content and it’s about riding bikes.

Why wouldn’t we run it and promote it?

When that van has done running over Mr Oxley, immagonna send it after yous …maybe give it a new paint job first..

Red VW T4 for me please….

nach
    Free Member

slowrider said: Plugged by stw towers rather than a forum member, quite a difference IMO. far better vids out there that don’t get plugged because they aren’t in the clique.

… and they would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for you meddling kids!

Jamie
    Free Member

… and they would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for you meddling kids!

Indeed.

nach
    Free Member

I’d make a more specific gif too, but I’m too busy doing cool things with my cool friends.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Calm down dears its only a commercial

Harry_the_Spider

Sheeesh. Some people need to get a grip. 🙄

bigrich

that un-human cannonball looks alright.

Clover

Waaah waah, noone’s objected to my cameo appearance yet.

<flounce>

brant
    Free Member

Clover – Member
    Waaah waah, noone’s objected to my cameo appearance yet.
    <flounce>
    POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

No. But some site in’t America said you had a goat!

Lamb not goat

bearnecessities

Weirder still, after I watched the video I noticed the empty desk to my left (in a building in Bolton) had one of Ed’s beermats on it!

Spooooky.

Clover

I’ll have words with the lambs about their acting skills. They were supposed to be playing themselves. Not goats.

Ed-O
    Free Member

17.5k plays. Keep up the good work and feel the love.

Harry_the_Spider

16k of them are the same 3 haters watching it over and over again and getting more angry.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Not for me. I doubt I’m the target. But I’ve certainly seen waaaaay weirder surf, snowboard and skate stuff. I hope they had fun making it.

monkeychild
    Free Member

What am I meant to buy?? Is it a SC bike, a Mexican wrestling suit, tattoos, beer, lesbians??????? It’s all tooooooo muuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhhh 😉

ton

that un-human cannonball looks alright.

it is ace, but very very dangerous.

TooTall
    Free Member

Some love from t’other ‘merican bike website

http://reviews.mtbr.com/video-ed-oxleys-bizarre-vain-vagrant-an-amazing-piece-of-mountain-bike-film-noir

equally macabre and kind of awesome

nach
    Free Member

No. But some site in’t America said you had a goat!

Loads of people said exactly the same when I made a video with one of them. Lamb fact: Lambs are pretty cliquey, and far too cool to hang out with goats.

bigrich

Hipsters do hipsterish things. you may as well ask the sun not to shine.

Pook

He did well to get from the back end of sheffield to hebden bridge in 3 seconds. And he ran the wrong way up eccy road.

OCB
    Free Member

Other than being somewhat better dressed than I am, being a better rider than I am, and the drinking of beer…

That’s strangely, rather like most of my days are (especially the big beards / slightly odd women / tattooing / the kinda magical rituals whilst bike building and that constant, discordant, jangly music).

I kinda figured everyone’s life was like it, but reading the comments here have made me wonder about that now.

😕

hora
    Free Member

I must admit the vid isnt my cuppa. Is it promoting a new beer like a viral ad? If it was shorter- say 3.5mins yes it’d work. Just thought at 7mins? it came across as self-indulgent like a Hollywood Director running to 4hrs+ refusing re-edit requests. Shorten it dudes!

Btw slowrider loves Jedi but slowrider is a very good rider IMO. x

Jamie
    Free Member

Shorten it dudes!

Wouldn’t be able to get as much product placement in. I guess they could always cut the cycling bit out.

thepodge
    Free Member

Look at me, look at me, look at me, I’m wacky!!!

GCSE media study quality storyline with product placem that made my adblocker twitch

Still its got the desired effect of people talking

hora
    Free Member

Or fake kissing

brant
    Free Member

Look at me, look at me, look at me, I’m wacky!!!

You’re so cool even your website doesn’t work.

http://www.calculon.co.uk/

buck53

The freeloading accusations are gathering pace, aren’t they?

Can’t help feeling they come from a place of envy and hypocrisy. How many people, in the same position of working hard to establish a business and reputation in a niche, limited market and being sent a bit of swag in return for making a promo, wouldn’t do it. Ed’s then gone to the trouble of at least making something a bit different and lighthearted rather than the po-faced “sick edits” that so many people here moan about and still people are bitching!

Haterz gon hate, but get off your arse and do better if you think you can, don’t just moan on the Internet.

thepodge
    Free Member

Oh no, my website doesn’t work for a hobby I no longer do.

I think I preferred you when you were cocking up headtube tolerances

Jamie
    Free Member

You’re so cool even your website doesn’t work.

http://www.calculon.co.uk/

That’s a few times you have gone skip diving in users history/profile to score a few cheap points, Brant. Let it go. You have to accept that if you put your product out into the world, then people will dislike it. Obviously you have a personal attachment to this project, but don’t let it send you over to a negative place when people hate on it.

On the plus side, people will also like it, and they have posted to say as much.

As an aside…

Haterz gon hate, but get off your arse and do better if you think you can, don’t just moan on the Internet.

Sorry, but that’s argument is nonsense. To suggest that someone has to first produce a film/book/novelty nipple cover, to be able to criticise similar, is illogical.

GEDA
    Free Member

You can’t have something with that amount of product placement and call it wacky, querky, or strange. It’s marketing.

bedmaker

That guy who was on here a few weeks ago asking peoples’ thoughts on bike finance as a roundabout way of flogging something or other should grow a big beard.

I’ve always found it odd on here how there are those who seem to be able to flog their stuff no problem, and others who are torn apart if they so much as mention what they are trying to punt to forumites

yunki
    Free Member

Not exactly sure what Ed is ‘selling’ in that film, but there always well put together.

Sex……….. and drugs.

And possibly sausage rolls

slowrider
    Free Member

Slowrider claimed he was more into flowy natural stuff, trains, beer, Wales, the seaside or naked bums.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-latest-jedi-video-blog#post-6099342

And just generally promoting skills training in the uk…
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/jedis-latest-video-blog

Brant I’m flattered that you too the time to super sleuth me. I’m practically nursing a semi at the attention from a member of the clique.

You missed my point really though. As a forum member I’ve bigged up another forum member. Said forum member never plugs or promotes his business on this site, he just gets positive feedback. And obviously we are lovers.

Ed’s video, Ed’s training, Ed’s beard are all plugged on here by the people who run the forum. Quite a difference.

It’s interesting that you don’t see the difference, I wonder if I could be arsed to trawl your forum history I’d find you being able to plug your product and receiving the same preferential treatment?

buck53

Sorry, but that’s argument is nonsense. To suggest that someone has to first produce a film/book/novelty nipple cover, to be able to criticise similar, is illogical.

That’s OK. My point (when taken in the context of the whole of my post) was more that it might be better to direct energy in a more positive direction than constant moaning about x and then still moaning when the opposite of x comes along. It was also that pulling what is essentially an advert up for highlighting his sponsors is frankly, ridiculous.

The part of my post you’ve quoted doesn’t make that clear, but that’s why I wrote all that other stuff at the same time, thanks for letting me type it all again in a slightly different order. 😉

Dave
    Free Member

That’s an interesting accusation there Slowrider. You do know Tony emails me his video blog links for us to include in Midweek Movies yeah? And then we ‘plug’ them too.

kimbers

shirley cyclists are a clique anyway and mtbers are a derrivatve of that clique and STW is a clique within a clique, within a clique

slowrider
    Free Member

Yup Dave, midweek movies has contributions from all over the place, really enjoy the variety if not every video individually.

Ed’s videos/ products/ face make the front page regularly on their own though don’t they?

Jamie
    Free Member

The part of my post you’ve quoted doesn’t make that clear, but that’s why I wrote all that other stuff at the same time, thanks for letting me type it all again in a slightly different order.

I did read the whole of the first post, and still think the bit I quoted summed up the message overall.

Your second post I found much more agreeable, and I heartily agree with it’s onus on positivity.

My

[quote] constant[/quote]

pulling

[quote] is[/quote]

ridiculous

I guess context really is everything 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘Ed's Head's Back! The Vain Vagrant’ is closed to new replies.