Home Forums Bike Forum Ebike on roof bars

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ebike on roof bars
  • luke0912
    Free Member

I’m getting tired of covering the inside of my car in mud and bending my mud guard every time I go riding.

I have a kenevo sl in S4 with a 1285 wheelbase does anyone know of a roof bar fork mount rack that would fit and not cost the earth ?

Not keen on a tyre mount rack as that means removing the mud guard.

teethgrinder

I have an S4 KSL and have a Yakima Frontloader. Been ok so far and loads cheaper than the Thule version.

And I have a Crud XL on the front… Don’t have to take it off to fit in the rack.

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/all-products/yakima_frontloader_8002104/Qx%40w%2C6M4PHS%2CZGenkQvENt~5Cm

luke0912
    Free Member

I like the Yakima fork mount option but the info says my S4 will be too long. I was hoping that someone would have a real worl experience and say it’s possible.

The Yakima tyre mount rack looks like a good option may well go that way.

Thank you for your input

alanl
    Free Member

What would bother me is the weight of the ebike and getting it on the roof. I’m not tall, at 5’6”, with a full sus bike which weighs aroudn 15kg, some days I struggle to get it on, no idea how I’d get a 25kg bike on there. It’s not that I’m weak, I work in building, but lifting it above shoulder height while holding the downtube and fork is quite difficult.

bikesandboots

Use a folding two rung step?

teethgrinder

A KSL is 19-20kg. Just above the yakima weight limit for the Frontloader, but it’s still secure. Can just about hoik it up onto the roof of a mk2 Octavia VRS, but anything higher and I’d be using a step.

Not a chance I’d put a full fat bike up there, even if I could lift it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.