Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Easy way to lose weight?
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

Caning it on a workout means you're working anaerobically = not using fat storage.
    If you want to have you body use stored fat for energy you need to be aerobic in your exercise.
    One way is to have a 45 min aerobic ride before breakfast.

FC- why so coy with the links? If it's not a wind-up, why the need to email you?
    You said you're being honest, but espousing the virtues of diet "X" or "Y" seems to be smoking mirrors without more concrete information. It's a web forum – so links required please.

Besides, prefixing anything with diet IMHO always seems to mean that you'll only end up back from whence you started, poorer, more depressed and dispirited.

metalheart
    Free Member

FC – Anything to do with a Dr Kessler perhaps?

Basically avoid processed foods, its evil stuff. Pushed by evil people who just want your money (and you to be fat :mrgreen: )

If only I could take my own advice…

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Well, the links been posted…slate away as you please.

Besides, prefixing anything with diet IMHO always seems to mean that you'll only end up back from whence you started, poorer, more depressed and dispirited.

Whatever!! 8)

uplink
    Free Member

Breakfast: 100g brown rice cereal (from the gluten-free section in supermarkets) with water (not milk)

& for that reason – I'm out

FoxyChick
    Free Member

PMSL at uplink!

You really haven't read it have you!

uplink
    Free Member

I'm sorry FC [& no I haven't read it] – I'm really not taking the piss but 100g of rice cereal & water after my 6 mile morning run really won't do

FoxyChick
    Free Member

uplink…that link posted is pretty crap TBH and I'm pretty pissed off with Rob for posting it.
    That is the first 5 days of the diet.

I eat a massive bowl of porridge every morning for my breakfast.
    Or bacon, eggs and tomato.

uplink
    Free Member

OK – I'll have a good read 🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member

The bacon and eggs for brekky seems like a plan but isn't this green days and red days (or meals) like slimming world (I am being advised by others at this point).
    So it actually does rely on you making sensible choices about what you eat, and controlling it. As I mentioned before, you need to put effort in, mental or physical but especially at the start, it will not be easy.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Google ECA. Or training on speed will do nicely. Or thyroxine if you want the Auschwitz look.*

*None of the above is very good for you.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Tracker1972…are you for real???

That's the best yet! 😆

Bring on the sceptics…I really don't care!

It banishes cravings after 5 days(a bit like going cold turkey on other nasty substances). If you can't manage 5 days you deserve to stay a fatty! 8)

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I am for real, and not being a sceptic. Changing your lifestyle and making different choices to the ones you have made for the rest of your life is difficult. It may have worked quickly for you, I suspect for others it will not be so quick. This is a way of guiding people through making that change, thats all, it will work for some, not for others.
    Oh, the bacon and eggs comment? Just pointing out that it isn't all "bad" and the slimming world comment? Pointed out by a couple of people I am chatting to over a cup of tea and it rang a bell.

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

Ti29er: Caning it on a workout means you're working anaerobically = not using fat storage.
    If you want to have you body use stored fat for energy you need to be aerobic in your exercise.
    One way is to have a 45 min aerobic ride before breakfast.

Intense anaerobic exercise burns a significant amount of calories after exercise – much more so than aerobic exercise. This makes it better suited for fat loss because, at the end of the day, it's all about energy expended vs energy consumed. So long as you're burning more calories than you're eating, your body will look to make up that deficit from stored fat.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Tracker…the whole thinking behind this diet is that it banishes the food cravings we have, very quickly, so that we don't want to over-eat stuff that makes us fat.
    The first 5 days were very difficult…I will not lie. I was a complete sugar junkie and going cold turkey on sugar was very hard. BUT after 5 days the cravings were gone.

I only want to help people. As I've said previously, I've struggled with my weight all my adult life.

I just can't understand why people are so reluctant to maybe try something new or different.
    There are testimony after testimony on the website and on the facebook page. Five of my colleagues eat my way now and can't believe how easy it is.

You cannot have suffered with your relationship with food as I have all my life,and not be prepared to put in a little effort.

I knew I'd regret posting on this thread.
    It makes me laugh how people moan and moan about not being able to lose weight, but are not prepared to give up eating rubbish.

Right, I'm out of here.
    Hope I've help some.
    FCx

muggomagic

Wow now the skinnies are fighting amongst themselves.

I think I'll just try and eat a little less and exercise a little more. My worry is if I start on the FC diet I'll become as paranoid as she is. Glad it's worked for you FC but if you're so convinced of it's benefits why not shout it from the rooftops and ignore the naysayers? When I lose 4 days on the Stella diet I'll tell everyone about it's benefits.

Good luck to all those who are trying to get themselves fitter and thanks to everyone for the advise.

spanishbarry
    Free Member

You need to eat small low fat meals upto six a day and also drink plenty of water ,this fires up your metabolism , also try doing some weights as building up muscle also burns extra calories and dont forget at least 45 mins a day CV work out.
    If you eat fatty foods you could buy some tablets like "adios" which basically attract the fat from the food and stops it being absord by the body .

teagirl
    Free Member

Thanks Foxy! I was on similar plan good few years ago and lost loads but had to eat carbs but as few as I could get away with to make my brain work. Really, it's healthy eating (eat mostly protein and your body will burn fat as protein will only be utilised as energy source when the fat stores have been depleted) and regular exercise but not in a gym, walking and biking when weather permits. No processed food and smaller portions.

Eck, I'm going to have to get used to this all again now I'm signed up to 18bikes fat club. Got to get fit for my plans this year, lots of races to do, soo little time.

manwells
    Free Member

i emailed foxy chick and she gave me the link to the thread on the diet and as always they want money off you to access the information about the diet! these so called experts know how desperate folk are to lose weight and they prey on folks desperation in many ways! last year i lost 3 stones in just 4 months by just cutting the crap out of my diet. i ate fish, meats, including bacon, eggs, chips, loads of fruit and veg, but all in moderation except the fruit and veg and fish, and the weight just dropped off at the rate of 10 lbs per month and i have never felt better! imagine now cycling or walking with a 42 lbs pack on my back and how hard it would be! eat healthly for 10 days then pig out on junk 1 in 11 days and then you will not get bored! it worked for me but may not work for everyone!

Earl
    Free Member

If your serious
    Put aside 3 weeks of your life, a few grand and do Land's End to John o' Groats.

Ti29er
    Free Member

asd: So far in my reading of Joe Friel and Thomas Chappel's Books, I have yet to come across this phenomenon you describe.
    Not saying you're wrong, but they're both big advocates of training anaerobically to shift the fat, if that's what you're looking for.
    Trying the Chappel Book HERE

Better still, trek in Nepal for 3 weeks.
    Still can't see FC's link.

ade
    Free Member

I'm on the mildly chunky side and have been for years, and despite being a regular rider I've never managed to clock up serious enough miles regularly to really make enough of a difference. Like many people, snacking is my downfall, especially when bored or in need of distraction.

Back in October I had a moment of clarity and started two things which have helped me start losing weight at a fairly sustainable level.

1 – Every evening I email myself a list of everything I eat that day. Anything I feel any guilt about eating I mark with [XX] in the email. The act of owning up to yourself what you're actually consuming is pretty powerful and gives you a reason to pause before grabbing that one little custard cream. I've set up a separate gmail account to keep a bit of separation between the diary and my usual inbox – I don't need to read it too often.

2 – I created a spreadsheet (I'm a geek. Sue me.) with three columns – date, current weight and target weight. I set a target weight for a couple of milestones in the future, add my weight every few days, then graph all of it. What I end up with is a neat graph showing my weight loss over time against the rate I need to hit to meet my target. It might sound a bit complicated, but it's actually dead simple. I use google docs so I can get to it anywhere. If anyone's interested I can share the template.

Between October and November I went from 99 to 95kg without much hardship or overt dieting – just cutting out the crap and eating smaller portions.

From November 30 to December 24 I lost another 6kg, but that was thanks to a serious bout of 'flu and a chest infection. Not recommended as a weight loss method, but I'm now pretty confident that I won't be putting that chunk back on.

Going out to buy jeans the next size down is a pretty cool experience 🙂

I'm aiming to ditch another stone in the next three months, but I recognise that I need a little more effort than I've put in so far. I recommend Frank Kinlan's site for sane, practical info on diet and weight loss.

Wish me luck.

muggomagic

Sorry for the paranoid dig foxy. I was just messing. Thanks for taking the time to try and help a fat knacker like me.

Gowrie
    Free Member

If your serious
    Put aside 3 weeks of your life, a few grand and do Land's End to John o' Groats.

Ha ha ha. I did Lands End to John O'Groats in 12 days in 2003. I lost 1lb.

Depends on what you eat on the way.

Colin

uplink
    Free Member

Google ECA. Or training on speed will do nicely. Or thyroxine if you want the Auschwitz look.*

*None of the above is very good for you.

Are you sure?

I take quite a hefty dose [200mcg]of Levothyroxine every morning

ahwiles
    Free Member

as far as i can tell, F-C's diet boils down to:

1) try and lay off the cake a bit,

2) chips too,

3) see above.

(no disrespect meant F-C; i'm a simple/small minded guy, i need things explaining to me in simple/small steps)

i'm fascinated by these discussions, because i'm one of those 'why aren't skinny people fat?' types.

Gowrie
    Free Member

From a quick glance the Harcombe diet appears to be a high fat, high protein, med/low carb diet. It'll work because it restricts calorie intake – just look at the meals offered, no prepackaged food (calorie dense generally) lots of veg, etc. But the real key to these diets is that for some people they help greatly with appetite control. That's one of the main reasons why many traditional diets fail – people become so hungry on them that they can't stick to it for long enough to do the good they want. I lost 3.5 stone on the Sureslim diet a couple of years ago (similar basic type to the Harcombe one but with a different set of bunkum attached to it)- once I was on it I wasn't hungry between meals at all.

Colin

Ti29er
    Free Member

A question: for those who diet, and restrict food intake in whatever capacity; how was your cycle training effected?
    Are those who have real 1st hand knowledge of these diets also on structured, competitive (?) training regimes?
    How is the training effected? Feeling great and feeling like you have lots of energy might not necessarily fully translate to a 2-3hr, 3 times a week training schedule.

jond
    Free Member

>What a closed minded little man you are!

Excuse me ?
    Smiley or not, that's plain ****ing rude 🙁

muggomagic

Ah come on Jond it can't be the worst thing anyone has ever said to you.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

jond…YGM

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Easy way to lose weight?’ is closed to new replies.