Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • Easy way to lose weight?
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I don't actually weigh myself as it annoys me! But I can tell I've put on a few pounds around the waist and that's just what I want to shift! Not much just a little bit.

hockropper

Best thing to do is have some water before you eat anything,your body is crap at deciding wether its hungry or thirsty so if you drink and wait 30 mins and if you're still hungry eat then

garyfisher
    Free Member

Cider is about 200 calories per pint. Thats about the same as a pint of Guinness. It all adds up! Five pints would be about the same calories as a days food.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

jelly tits – Member
    I do like a drink, but I don't think that has much bearing on my weight as I generally drink cider.

It doesn't count as one of your 5 a day you know!
    Oh, and have a look at this more calories in cider than beer for equal strength by the look of it. Maybe less than some lager. But still looking at a fifth of a daily intake for 2 pints. As long as you don't think the stuff you put in your mouth has much bearing on your weight problem and just blame your genes you are on a hiding to nothing.

edit-damn you garyfisher, beat me to it, but I have a link 😉

hilldodger
    Free Member

For snacks try keeping a small tub of raw veg mix such as celery, carrots, peppers, chicory, spring onions etc. – all low calories, strong flavours and need plenty of chewing.
    If that doesn't feel enough try a few rice or oatcakes with it.
    If you're just eating a bit less rather than massively cutting calories your hunger can usually be sated with flavour rather than bulk….

IanMunro
    Free Member

I do like a drink, but I don't think that has much bearing on my weight as I generally drink cider.

Trolltastic! 🙂

manwells
    Free Member

just eat what you want but keep the fat content below 5% and watch your weight drop off.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I discovered a really easy weight-loss eating plan about 6 months ago and it has TOTALLY changed my life.
    It does not involve calorie-counting.
    It does not involve exercise (I'm not saying exercise is not good for you, but is a ridiculous and time-consuming method of weight control).
    The whole eat less/do more idea is a myth. Unless you are a polar explorer of course. 8)
    It works well in the short term, but who really enjoys feeling hungry? I know full well that I used to reward myself with loads of rubbish food after an hour in the gym and then an hour's run…I was bluddy starving. 😕
    It does not involve low-fat foods.
    It does involve eating real, whole foods.
    It does involve getting rid of the food cravings we all have which lead us to over-eat.

I've been down the whole exercising like a lunatic/eating low-fat food etc in my 20's and 30's. It's just not a realistic way to live. You should exercise for the enjoyment and health benefits. If you are doing it purely to lose weight, you have to work pretty damned hard and it can be pretty demoralising when the weight does not drop off.
    Before you all jump down my throat, I have struggled maintaining my weight at a healthy level for around 25 years and have tried just about everything.
    MrFC is 41 and does hours and hours of exercise a week. He started on this eating plan and lost about 10lbs really quickly. He was not over-weight to begin with but felt loads better a bit slimmer.
    It is a safe, healthy way of eating that I will now always follow.
    About half my colleagues at work now follow it.
    The thing is, this forum is so male dominated, with everyone having such rigid views on things, you are just not ready to open your minds and accept that there may just be another way to lose weight THAT ACTUALLY WORKS AND INVOLVES VERY LITTLE EFFORT!! 8)

jond
    Free Member

>THAT ACTUALLY WORKS AND INVOLVES VERY LITTLE EFFORT!!

Blimey, that sounds like a cut n paste off some internet this-is-the-diet-buy-the-book thing 😉

A few things to add to some of the above posts – the Atkins diet appears to work 'cos the net calory intake is reduced – the relevance of it being protein-centric is that's what triggers the brain to think you're full.
    Equally chewing everything thoroughly and not rushing your food (with a more balanced meal) ought to have the same effect.

Beer/cider has colories. A lot of processed food has excessive sugar/salt and fat and you may may well be blowing you calorific intake with that (crisps ffs !) rather than something that has more bulk (not to mention vitamins/minerals)

FoxyChick
    Free Member

jond…yes it does…but I'm so passionate about it!!
    I now hate seeing people struggle losing weight when I know it's so easy!!

It does involve buying a book or 2 off t'internet…oh, and the important bit…reading them and doing what it says! 🙄

I am now totally free from weight issues for the rest of my life.

sockpuppet

you could give us some sort of idea as to what it entails, rather than JUST USING CAPS LOCK!!!!!11

FoxyChick
    Free Member

8)

jond
    Free Member

Yeah, spill the beans 😉

>It does involve eating real, whole foods.

Lots of fruit/veg/fibre, water and a sensible amount of protein/carbs ?

uplink
    Free Member

Why the secrecy FC?

garyfisher
    Free Member

FC – does it involve spending all your time and money on books and pyramid selling, so you can't afford to buy food and haven't go the time to get hungry?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

garyfisher…there is nothing in this for me.
    Apart from sharing something that has totally freed me from the weight issues I've struggled with all my life.
    The woman behind this eating plan is a wonderful person.
    I have no intention of posting the link on here for all the sceptics and nasties to try to shoot it down on flames.

I will send the link to anyone who emails me.

I am being really honest and open now…this way of eating is life-changing for anyone who struggles with their weight and wants to be free from food cravings.
    I was very sceptical about trying yet another diet before I started but could not believe my eyes as the weight fell off!
    Getting into size 8 jeans at aged 44 feels pretty good!

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Atkins type diets do work in helping people lose weight, researchers assert this is due to a reduced calorie intake and appetite satiation, many proponents originally talked about ketosis but most now admit that calorific deficit is the primary motivating force.

However, I personally would err on the side of caution as it's effects on insulin are very measureable, and contrary to popular belief insulin has many other functions than controlling fat storage. Most worrying is that insulin is an anabolic bone agent, bottom line suppression of insulin may lead to osteparosis. Combined with the fact that many who use the diet are already in high risk osteo groups female, over 45 and exercise little the diet may contribute to increase sufferers of osteoparosis.

Restricting the intake of fruit and vegetables is also likely to effect body systems due to lack of essential vitamins and minerals. OK you can supplement, however trying to ensure adequate loads of 'vits and mins' in tablet form poses many of its own difficulties and pitfalls.

Everyone can do exactly as they please but be careful.

dave_aber
    Free Member

8/10. Surprisingly effective. Well done.

tazzymtb

erm……atkins diets usually have a massive base of veg and fruit with protein on top of that. The first phase is restricitve with carbs with all carbs comming from fruit and veg, but after that you taylor it to what works for your level of excersise. It worked for me at the time, just follow it propperly rather than beleive a lot of the myhts that get chucked around.

uplink
    Free Member

It does involve buying a book or 2 off t'internet.

TBH FC – I'm glad you've found something that works for you & you believe in but any diet that requires a book or 2 to explain is seriously padding it out a bit

muggomagic

8/10. Surprisingly effective. Well done.

agreed. I think FC is trying to get my flabby arsed hopes up.

dave_aber
    Free Member

8/10 for your troll

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

tazzy, I know carbs are allowed later in the plan, but most people who I have met who did Atkins simply run the initial phase, stop for a bit then do it again.

Also, according to many independent researchers, the recommended levels of carbs in the Atkins maintenence phase still do not equate to adequate intake of fruits and vegetables.

And Atkins official site still claims ketosisis as the primary cause of weight loss which has been pretty thoroughly debunked by numerous studies and has forced other low carb diet sellers to stop making the claim.

I really don't mind what people do, I was just adding some of my understanding of the issues.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Whatever! 🙄

You can mock all you like, but I'll have the last laugh! 8)

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

FC – I wasn't mocking you, merely quoting some outcomes from published peer reviewed research.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

uplink…I bought 2 books…1 explains the thinking behind the diet with some recipes.
    The 2nd is a follow-on recipe book.

I knew you'd all take the piss.
    Hope you all stay happy with your big flabby arses!! 8)

FoxyChick
    Free Member

didn't mean you dangerousbeans..and I didn't mention Atkins either.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Merely mentioned Atkins as it is the best known of the low carb plans.

I have no doubt they are effective in promoting weight loss ans maintenence, just think people should have some understanding of other, less palatable effects, especially if the systems are abused like with many people I have known.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

My way of eating is not low carb.

tails
    Free Member

Go on foxy stick up a link, who cares what a bunch of forumites think of you. If your wearing size 8 at 44 thats great, so sod the opinion of others.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

My apologies then FC, I thought you were talking about low carb/ketosis/ insulin suppressing type diets – obviously not.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I'm dying to know but my e-mail has already been pinged off to FC! I've never bothered dieting as I think I'd be useless at it so try to work extra hard at the gym and cut out crap! however I'm lucky in that I've not been over weight, however recently I can feel a few lbs have gone on around the waist and I need to shift it 😉
    Good luck one and all but let's not diss other people's diets! I did the diet that they give heart patients who have to loose major weight lose prior to surgery in a week (cabbage soup diet) I lost 1/2 stone in a week and DIDN'T put it back on (despite what people say) however it ruined my stomach for life and means I can't eat bigger meals any more! so that was the end of my dieting!

TheSanityAssassin

tails – Member
    Go on foxy stick up a link, who cares what a bunch of forumites think of you. If your wearing size 8 at 44 thats great, so sod the opinion of others.

Yeah! And what's more – your claims are useless without pics… 8)

muggomagic

Fc your plan sounds exactly what i'm looking for. Please email me a link muggomagic@gmail.com

what's the worst that could happen?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Jelly-tits that what I thought! Got to be worth a try!!!

jond
    Free Member

>I knew you'd all take the piss.

I'm not sure anyone's taking the piss – apart from mebbe wrt the sales-y stuff 😉

But what does it boil down to ?
    I could ask you for the link – I'm genuinely curious – but I suspect that still won't be very informative – after all, if they're trying to flog a book or two they're probably not gonna be in hurry to tell you up front what it is…

>I did the diet that they give heart patients who have to loose major weight lose prior to surgery in a week (cabbage soup diet)

MC – are you **really** sure that's the case – from a web search it appears it may be a myth. I find it difficult to believe a hospital would recommend a crash diet a week before surgery…

edhornby

Jelly, there's a really straight forward way that involves doing what you do now with no extra effort

tapeworm

tankslapper
    Free Member

Picolax?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

jond…I can assure the link tells you everything you need to know. You can even get the meal plans for free.

BUT I won't be sending it to you.

What a closed minded little man you are! 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Easy way to lose weight?’ is closed to new replies.