• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 22,881 through 22,920 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • frankconway

Sandwich – that is bigly brilliant.

Chapeau Sir!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I wonder whether Trump is being advised whether it’s a better look (politically) to sell them himself, or have them “seized by the deep state”.

He’s all about ‘the deal’ so he can’t sell them off quickly to the first bidder and stoke his ego so I’d go with the deep state stealing it off him (and if you could donate all your spare dollars to my fund to get them back please click the link here…).

Daffy

his ego is so mad now, he’s trying rewrite history saying Biden defeated Obama. 😕

He was referring to the 2008 run for the democratic nomination for president.

mattyfez

It seems the guy is a rapist and a fraud.

Who would have thought?

Klunk
    Free Member

He was referring to the 2008 run for the democratic nomination for president.

Biden withdrew after the opening vote @ the Iowa caucuses when he got  a whopping 0.9% 😕

rickmeister

So, in a plot twist from a galaxy far far away…. Putin pays his bond….

And while I’m here. Just where is Melania? Has there been a patio / new putting green / helicopter pad built lately?

misteralz
    Free Member

Chilling on a secluded beach somewhere, with Kate Middleton and Shergar.

matt_outandabout

And while I’m here. Just where is Melania?

There’s no money left. So she is leaving imo.

maccruiskeen

Gah – all the buttons have gone

“And while I’m here. Just where is Melania? ”

Well he opens himself up to that speculation in his usual way of projecting his one issue onto other. He asked questions on the campaign trail about why Nikki Haley’s husband wasn’t by her side while she was campaigning. He’s a serving solder and currently deployed in the Horn of Africa. They kind of guy Trump would describe as a loser.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

5 days Donnie

scuttler

Hoping when he wakes up every morning the first thought he has is that awful falling out of control feeling…

DickBarton

I suspect it’ll come down to the last day and then the courtys will back down slightly…I suspect he is looking to maximise the ‘victim’ angle to infuriate his supporters even more and get them absolutely committed to voting for him no matter what.

grahamt1980

MAGA – My Assets Got Auctioned

kormoran
    Free Member

Make it All Go Away

thols2

Ignore. Image posting fail. I give up.

Sandwich

@frankconway My BlueSky feed threw that out late yesterday when the Left-siders got going. I just borrowed it as it is extremely appropriate.

If one gets a defamation ond paid by a supporter one should not then repeat the defamation, it’s not a free-pass Donnie.

The worst thing that could happen to the Biden campaign is for the “Orange One” to die before the vote but on the campaign trail. The danger of a competent fascist getting in on the sympathy vote.

martinhutch

The worst thing that could happen to the Biden campaign is for the “Orange One” to die before the vote but on the campaign trail. The danger of a competent fascist getting in on the sympathy vote.

You wonder who the (now Trump owned) RNC would pick in those circumstances – normally it would be the running mate, whoever that is. They could go for DeSantis, I guess, but you’d expect whatever sycophant was in favour at the time to get the nod, rather than anyone who has criticised or run against the orange messiah in the past.

Sandwich

I suspect the dead-eyed blond woman may get the nod as she is purging the party of the competent fund-raisers and campaigners. This would be good news for Biden.

dyna-ti

There was a story in the NY post(right wing paper) about a British guy who inflated the worth of his companies selling HP some software and he’s being extradited to the US to face charges of fraud etc.(Mike Lynch)

Unusually for the post they’re not allowing comments on that story.

Hmmm strange. a businessman fraudulently inflating the worth of his businesses to con a US company out of money and the post isnt allowing comments on it. I wonder why 😕

Couldn’t be its almost exactly the thing Trump did with his dealings for bank loans 😆

martinhutch

Biden’s gag-writers getting into the fresh material.

vlad_the_invader

Let’s assume the Mandarin Mussolini can’t stump up the $455+ million and the NY AG starts seizing property.

Presumably, at least some of this property is leveraged for other purposes and/or is still mortgaged. If this assumption is correct, would lenders or the courts have first dibs on any proceeds?

Also, is he likely to have any tax liabilities due to capital gains from any such sale?

In other words, would selling (single?) property for $455m clear his obligations to the court or will he need a LOT more cash to clear all the liabilities before paying off the fine?

CountZero

MAGA – My Assets Got Auctioned

🤣👌🏻👏🏻🎩

Presumably, at least some of this property is leveraged for other purposes and/or is still mortgaged. If this assumption is correct, would lenders or the courts have first dibs on any proceeds?

I’ve read in some sources that virtually all of his properties are leveraged, because he’s such a useless businessman any money he makes goes straight back out – few of his harebrained schemes actually make any money. The fact that none of the sources approached, about thirty, are prepared to cough up the $460 million he needs. Says it all, really.

I’m sure there will be a big party in Scotlandshire should the cosplay fascist have his golf course taken away. One lives in hope!

timba
    Free Member

I read this Q and A with “Will Thomas, a business law professor at the University of Michigan, to explain why Trump needs an appeal bond and what happens if he doesn’t get it by the deadline.” https://theconversation.com/trump-judgments-whats-an-appeal-bond-what-happens-if-he-cant-get-a-454-million-loan-226187

It covered several points for me, including the possible choice to declare bankruptcy

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

A lien has been placed on his up state New York property, the process begins!

3 days Donnie

frankconway

futon – that isn’t what’s happened; the ‘judgement’ submitted to Westchester court on 6 March is the first stage in a process which *could* result in a lien being placed on the Seven Springs estate.

There are still legal processes to be followed before a lien comes into force.

thols2

It seems to be getting to him.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

More paperwork filed today

Donnie has till Monday to post the bond in full

frankconway

Unless the NY appellant or appeals courts decide to get involved.

They could, for example, reduce the bond or impose a stay.

vlad_the_invader

MAGA Graft

Trump Media, which runs the social media platform Truth Social, is poised to become a publicly listed company, after a majority of shareholders of Digital World Acquisition Corp voted on Friday on whether to acquire it.

Mr Trump is due to have a stake of at least 58% in the merged company, worth more than $3bn at Digital World’s current share prices.

Surely the graft to end all grafts? From here:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68609007

frankconway

DWAC is little more than a meme stock and any shareholding is likely to be highly illiquid.

No doubt there will be a lot of mug punters in the US who will ignore the fundamentals, buy into the hype and jump into the market when the shares start trading.

maccruiskeen

“It seems to be getting to him.”

Its just about the right size and shape to be printed on a commemorative tea towel.

….

Also….. in the kind of fictional dystopian near future that we seems to have become our factual dystopian present – of course theres company call “Digital World Acquisition Corp”

MSP

Who valued DWAC at that value? I assume it was an attempt to secure finance rather than on a tax form.

nickc

Its just about the right size and shape to be printed on a commemorative tea towel.

I’d buy one.

PrinceJohn

In his all caps meltdown do we think insight is code for insider trading?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Paperwork filed on the property serves as a lien on it, according to this guy who is a practicing attorney in NYC and Florida.

maccruiskeen

“I’d buy one.”

A dollar each? I’ll get 464,000,000 printed.

frankconway

I believe he is wrong.

The deadline for trump to either settle the judgement or put up a bond to facilitate an appeal hasn’t arrived yet.

Under what circumstances do you think it would be legal to encumber a property with a lien nearly 3 weeks before the deadline to pay up or lodge a bond?

The judgement papers submitted by the AG give her the right to start a legal process – including attempts to attach liens to assets including property – if trump fails to pay or lodge a bond by the deadline.

shinton
    Free Member

How long before we have a Marjorie Taylor Greene thread? She’s proper Upton Park.

pk13

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68609007

Called it about 3 pages ago

Slime always finds a way

Viewing 40 posts - 22,881 through 22,920 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.