Viewing 40 posts - 22,841 through 22,880 (of 23,163 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • maccruiskeen

Timing might be a big issue for him mind you – just now New York property is on its arse – especially commercial property – lots of working at home means large city tenants are rationalising their office space. The Flatiron building is completely empty, whole buildings on Park Avenue are empty. Buildings that changed hands a couple of years ago for 1/3bn are being sold for $1.

So if Trumps assets are going to be raided it’s the absolute worst time for him for it to happen. As theres a huge difference between what his portfolio was worth a couple years, and would probably be worth again in a couple of years, and what actual value that can be extracted from it right now. So he stands to lose an awful lot of golden goose.

Across New York there are a lot of buildings that are his ‘Empire’ – but many he doesnt wholly, or even mostly own them. Many are buildings that he developed and sold but still have his name on – for now. There are also buildings that Trump Org has listed in their portfolio… but has never owned. As in many cases residents tenants are acting to have his name taken off their buildings as even through he doesn’t own the building his name is depressing the sales value when they come to sell their apartments.

“Residents of the condo building included Keith Olbermann, who tweeted when he sold his condo in 2016that he had gotten back “90% of my money and 100% of my soul.””

A lot of his apparent ’empire’ is just property management contracts which in which putting his name above the door is part of the deal.

thols2

If he suddenly finds half a billion in cash, this might explain why.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

The Mandarin Mussolini defamed E G Carrol yet again, at a campaign rally, over the weekend. She should sue him again, and ask the question, if 83 million dollars won’t shut him up, exactly how much will it take, 100, 150…..180 million?

frankconway

I saw the clip of trump’s comments when he referred, again, to E Jean Carroll.

Not convinced there was enough to justify a further defamation case nor am I convinced that she wishes to revisit this but I think it will definitely be a consideration when his appeal against the $83.3million is heard.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

he used exactly the same language this time, as the “town hall interview” after he lost the first E G Carroll lawsuit.

if its not enough, it’s only a matter of time, the idiot can’t help himself !

thols2

Now the Trump crew are cleaning house at the RNC.

mattyfez

TwitterX threads are not very helpful as there is so much misinformation, the noise can drown out the facts very easily.

frankconway

trump crowdfunder at $1.35 million so it’s slowly, but surely, grinding to a halt.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

With regard the E G Carroll case, I did watch somewhere a lawyer suggesting some sort of gag order rather than more financial penalties with could give rise to contempt of cournt and possible jail time instead of dragging the whole thing through court again for more cash – it must be pretty stressful for her so whilst its easy to say, hell yeah, lets sue him again for $200m this time from the comfort of our sofas there is a huge personal element to this for her.

Can’t see the TikTok guys helping out now that they went through with the promise of a bill to ban it. The Orange one must be livid they’ve followed his orders from last week rather than the revised ones this week after his ‘chat’ with the Tiktok investor.

frankconway

Just in…trump’s lawyers tell appeals court he can’t pay the $464 million in the NY fraud case as he cannot find an insurance underwriter to take it on.

There has been some commentary that underwriters were not interested in him offering property as collateral – they wanted to see him put up some money.

Forgive me if I laugh – arf arf hahaha

DickBarton

So can’t pay it so are his assets about to get sold to pay it all off?

dantsw13

Isn’t this the money he needs to raise in order to appeal?

frankconway

dan – yes but his lawyers continue trying to find wriggle room.

If they fail to get a sympathetic hearing in court, trump will be on the hook for $464+ million (his 454 plus 5 each for little don and eric plus daily interest of $115k). Before long, you’re talking about big money.

At present, the ‘collection date’ is 25 March – tick, tick…

MoreCashThanDash

Oh dear, how sad, never mind….

dovebiker

Maybe Putin will have a rummage down the back of the sofa for his friend? Anyway, who’d have thought a billionaire couldn’t pony-up a half-mil? That’s a serious heap of gold sneakers..

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Probably should have thought twice about constantly attacking the judge, clerk etc, during the trial. 🤷‍♂️ hoist, petard etc,

vlad_the_invader

Just in…trump’s lawyers tell appeals court he can’t pay the $464 million in the NY fraud case as he cannot find an insurance underwriter to take it on.

Ah, some good news! That’s improved my Monday immeasurably…

funkmasterp

What will happen if he can’t pay? Is a proper prison on the cards or just white collar pretend prison? Hopefully the stress of it all will do for the tangerine bastard.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

What will happen if he can’t pay?

Well, assuming he hasn’t successfully transferred his holdings to Florida where NYC can’t touch them, I believe the prosecutors can apply to the court to seize whatever assets they think will cover the fine. And I’m guessing they won’t be massively bothered about ‘the deal’ part of it so they’ll probably flog off stuff at cut down prices to get the cash quickly so the true cost to Trump may be significantly higher than if he’d spent a year cutting deals.

No jail IIRC.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Top trolling if they go for Trump Tower to start with.

leffeboy

Ah, bond companies aren’t willing to accept his valuation of property to appeal a case about his property being vastly overvalued.  Couldn’t have seen that coming, much

funkmasterp

I want this to reach its natural conclusion. An episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter were they’re spraying Trump with mace. Two men, two inexplicable hairstyles, one outcome!

frankconway

If trump or his eponymous organisation has transferred ownership of assets out of NYC in an attempt to shield them, that will have by-passed the court appointed ‘overseer’ and will land him/it in deeper shit.

Hard to see this as anything other than a massive crack in his carefully constructed facade of wealth, success and power.

Unless the appeal(s) courts overturn or massively reduce the disgorgement, this is the beginning of the end for trump as a businessman – and his sons will be commercial pariahs.

I can’t wait.

BearBack
    Free Member

No jail IIRC

But, if he’s on record in his deposition saying his cash holdings are in excess of 400mil and growing, yet he doesn’t actually have the cash, has he perjured himself and was this a longer play by the prosecutor’s to turn this into prison time?

Saccades
    Free Member

That cash is probably his “float” to keep his businesses running. Paying it out in one go would probably cripple him.

scuttler

Toplolz

Bigly bother

dovebiker

All businesses need cash to maintain a degree of liquidity, but that belong to Trump Corp. If Donald extracts the cash from the business it’ll probably go bust as it’ll no longer be able to service its debts, lead to a fire sale of his assets and leave him with an even bigger debt pile. Trump’s sons boasted about how they’d borrowed money from Russians when no western bank would touch them – sanctions because of Ukraine means that line of credit is no longer available.

Klunk
    Free Member

his ego is so mad now, he’s trying rewrite history saying Biden defeated Obama. 😕

Sandwich

So can’t pay it so are his assets about to get sold to pay it all off?

I’m gonna buy me a cheap Scottish golf course, re-wild it and throw it open to the MTB community. A bigly win!

maccruiskeen

his ego is so mad now, he’s trying rewrite history saying Biden defeated Obama.

He’s also claiming Hillary deleted her emails by pouring acid on them – a special acid that destroys everything in a 10 mile radius. He’s confusing ‘acid’ with ‘bleach’, and confusing ‘bleach’ with ‘bitbleach’.

frankconway

He’s also confusing himself with a (legitimate and credible) businessman.

CountZero

As there’s a huge difference between what his portfolio was worth a couple years And what he claimed it was worth

It’s all probably worth a few cents on the dollar. I sincerely hope that this is where the whole tottering edifice of lies stacked on lies crashes around Dementia Don’s ears, and shows him to be the total loser he’s always been.

His cosplay fantasy will really show as the emperor’s new clothes.

I wonder who’s going to play him in the movie?

Poopscoop

Ha! That could be a great thread in itself! 😁

batfink
    Free Member

sanctions because of Ukraine means that line of credit is no longer available.

I hadn’t considered this!  Is “lift. the. sanctions!” going to become the new MAGA chant?

If Donald extracts the cash from the business it’ll probably go bust as it’ll no longer be able to service its debts, lead to a fire sale of his assets and leave him with an even bigger debt pile.

In the statements from his lawyers (and the insurance CEO who he has in his political pocket), he seems to going for the angle that this fine is so large that an individual could never meet it – which is obviously part ego/face-saving, and partly a peek at the thrust of their appeal.

Its just fantastic that in a trial about him grossly inflating the values of his business, he is being shown to have been grossly inflating his own personal wealth.

My understanding is that if he doesn’t liquidate assets to pay the $454+, then the court will do it for him.  I wonder whether Trump is being advised whether it’s a better look (politically) to sell them himself, or have them “seized by the deep state”.  Surely we are going to see a Saudi prince buy some worthless Trump warehouse for half a billion dollars?  What happened to all that cash that Jared got out of them?

thols2

Rodney Dangerfield.

tagnut69
    Free Member

Do they have ‘Can’t Pay We’ll Take it Away’ over there?

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m hoping the whole DWAC & Trump Media group merger thing tanks, on current stock valuation it would be worth several billion to him 🙁 Although even assuming it goes ahead he can’t sell for 6 months so there’s still a lot of time for the market value to correct itself

Sandwich

Rodney Dangerfield.

Brace yourself, but he was last seen jamming with Joe Cocker.

Alex Winter is my call.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Alex Winter is my call.

Bogus.

My money is on Gregor Fisher for the STV mini series

McTrump

Sandwich

Bond

Viewing 40 posts - 22,841 through 22,880 (of 23,163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.