• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

And fools seldom differ

Reckon Hillary’s campaign is about to implode though, so the previously laughable Brexit/Trump catastrophe is about to happen, just need pestilence and, errr….the other one and we’re in for the big one.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well plagarism seems very much in fashion

could almost be lifted from some of the Brexit posters
    – Everything is crap, are you scared of change, your scared aren’t you scared. We are not scared

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and for some light relief

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Trump calling for Russia to hack/release Clinton emails….?

Holy shit, this’s guy’s nucking futs.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Trump calling for Russia to hack/release Clinton emails….?
    Holy shit, this’s guy’s nucking futs.”

Maybe, or maybe he’s just said something extreme to trick you into spreading the message of Clinton’s E-Mails on social media…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Oh right because you’ve not heard about them?

It’s a dangerous game. He’s a dangerous man.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“He’s a dangerous man.”

Then don’t help him control the agenda.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Sheesh. That told me what I can write didn’t it…

Whatever.

buckster
    Free Member

Ive read articles from many sources that the Brexit vote was essentially folk lashing out at the political elite, caused by all of the lies, corruption etc. over the recent years. This could easily apply to the US election too. The first few paras of this article pre-Brexit sums it up quite well

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/20/brexit-fake-revolt-eu-working-class-culture-hijacked-help-elite

outofbreath
    Free Member

“That told me what I can write didn’t it…”

I apologise for putting it that way. Of course you’re free to spread Trump’s propaganda, but I’m free to call you out on it.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

What’s the propoganda? Hilary had some emails on a private server? We all know the story by now. How many US users does this UK-based liberally-slanted MTB forum have? How many of them are going to read that post and say “OMFG I am so voting for Trump now!”

I’d wager none.

However, I do think that his comment shows great recklessness, a total lack of understanding of the danger of possibilities of encouraging and perhaps condoning such access of US networks. I think it makes him look like more of a tool, so my matter of consideration (“narrative” if you will) is that, on another level/facet he’s an ignorant foo’ and that the Hilary email thing is not the issue at hand.

And I won’t be told what I can write by you, thanks, so save your keystrokes.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How many US users does this UK-based liberally-slanted MTB forum have? How many of them are going to read that post and say “OMFG I am so voting for Trump now!”

I’d wager none.

Well this “liberally-slanted MTB forum” did used to have 3 or 4 US users, I have no idea of their voting intentions though. They don’t seem to post much now though, I guess they might have been put off by the constant anti-American ridicule and hostility by the sanctimonious liberally-slanted who find such bigotry acceptable.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Yeah, even that chap’s stopped shilling his book here ‘n all 😉 *

Apart from the grumbling above** I am usually as welcoming as possible, even to Americans and people who come from outside of Cornwall.

So are you agreeing with me that it’s not a place where talking about Trump’s outpourings is a problem? It is a shame if STW isn’t diverse – but how to change it?

*Seriously,. it was lovely when Charlie was around, but he really came across badly over that.

**I hate being told what I can say. I am “Just a guy, you know” on the internets, that is all. It’s worth only as much as you want it to be worth, but it’s still my freedom to type it 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

“liberally-slanted MTB forum”

Is it Jamba and Ninfan keeping us from being horizontal?

I don’t get the America bashing, I have some truly brilliant American friends who are closer than my family. They have different views to me on many things.

convert

I guess they might have been put off by the constant anti-American ridicule and hostility by the sanctimonious liberally-slanted who find such bigotry acceptable.

This is me – I know I am guilty of this both here but also in the real world. I’m not proud because if it was aimed at a particular race, faith, gender or sexuality I’d be having words with myself.

The problem is that whilst I try not to generalise in most things I do, I do struggle with not doing it with Americans. I’ve just met so many narrow minded, introspective Americans who are comically naive both about the rest of the world geographically as well as culturally I can’t help myself. Not just the inbred hicks either – we had a couple people come over to us from Harvard who may well have been very smart but by god were they ignorant about everything non US centric. It made the undoubtedly intelligent thoughts they were here to share with us have zero credibility. It also didn’t help that one sounded exactly like big bird, but that’s going off on a tangent. The truism about Palin believing Africa was a country just gets confirmed by so many Americans I meet. And then they hang on to their silly gun control laws and Trump manages to become a candidate and they look a lost cause.

Whenever I meet an American who appears to break the mould they turn out to be Canadian!

I internally try to justify my generalising negative thoughts by reminding myself that they are a rich and powerful country and should have the education to know better.

grahamh
    Free Member

Seems old donald is quit happy to do over his supporters as well.
    The creator of the viral pro-Trump act ‘USA Freedom Kids’ now plans to sue the campaign

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/29/hillary-clinton-computer-network-hacked-democrats-fbi

So it does appear to be happening. This time it’s not just a Drumpf statement, but as I mentioned before, I suspect he’s not helping with the invitation to actually do it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In the simplest way, leave a monkey in the room with a hand grenade and it’s a case of when not if the pin comes out. Go Donald

http://www.smh.com.au/world/donald-trumps-campaign-goes-off-rails-triggering-republican-defections-20160804-gqkq7k.html

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Trump is still going to win. Along with Brexit it’s just one of the signs of the apocalypse.

binners

I would love to dismiss your assertion Bongo. Unfortunately I think you’re right.

The end of world will be ushered in, as all us baldies have long suspected, by a succession of ludicrous haircuts….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Honestly I’m a little more optimistic having seen fox news are coming round to the idea of a Clinton 3rd term 😉
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/03/fox-news-poll-clinton-leads-trump-by-10-points-both-seen-as-flawed.html

Junkyard
    Free Member

As he cannot carry his “own” party he wont carry the electorate

Farage very popular with a certain type repellent to the majority

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and back again 🙂
    Was going to start a neighbour/boundary fence thread but keeping it in one place

He told a cheering crowd in Arizona that he would secure the border, and left open the possibility that millions of illegal immigrants be deported.
    Hours earlier, he met Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto but said they had not discussed financing the wall.
    The president later insisted he had told Mr Trump Mexico would not pay.

He accused his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton of wanting to grant amnesty to undocumented immigrants and of advocating “open border” policies.
    Reacting to Mr Trump’s visit to Mexico, she said he had “choked” by not asking his hosts to pay for his wall.

Like any good keyboard warrior, forgot to actually mention the big issues when he popped round to see his neighbour

zippykona

He seems to be getting more mentally unstable each day. Could he be sectioned?

chubstr
    Free Member

Every time I see or hear that racist, daughter fancying, tiny handed, dead red squirrel wearing **** nugget, I’m reminded of the line in Sage Francis’s Makeshift Patriot: “so wave your flag with pride, especially the white part”

He is a racist in a business suit, I’m sure the illegal immigrant stance he has will only extend to those of countries he feels are a coloured threat to his utopia.

Junkyard
    Free Member

mikes posts are not that bad and that is a little unfair 😉

nickc

Nate Silver calls it for Hillary

FiveThirtyEight

I think even Trump gets it now.

Northwind

chubstr – Member

Every time I see or hear that racist, daughter fancying, tiny handed, dead red squirrel wearing **** nugget, I’m reminded of the line in Sage Francis’s Makeshift Patriot: “so wave your flag with pride, especially the white part”

TBH just about every line applies… He’s got the megaphone, promising to make heads roll.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Neil Degrasse-Tyson made a good point the other day. On the US ballot, there should be a option to select none of the above. If that option wins, then both parties have to submit new candidates.

As at the moment…..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pji_IX-UacM[/video]

jimmy

I haven’t followed this thread, but I just read this on Oatmeal.

fasthaggis
    slowoldman

From the Beeb:
    Meanwhile Rick Wilson, a conservative political consultant who has embraced Evan McMullin’s third-party presidential bid, called Mr Trump’s speech “hideous word vomit”.

I may adopt that phrase.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Trump’s “Maginot Line…” 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Neil Degrasse-Tyson made a good point the other day. On the US ballot, there should be a option to select none of the above. If that option wins, then both parties have to submit new candidates.

We should have that too…!

shermer75
    Free Member

This should be interesting, Melania Trump is suing the Daily Mail for $150 million over claims that she was a sex worker. Whoever loses, we win! 😉

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37253025

unklehomered
    Free Member

She’s absolutely not a sex worker.

She is married to and presumably sleeps with billionaire Donald Trump… because of his charming personality and great sense of humour.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@shermer – yes indeed. Daily Mail has already published a retraction, that won’t save them from a world of legal pain and expense.

Trump is sadly the better of two very poor candidates. The outcome is far from certain imo

Junkyard
    Free Member

She is married to and presumably sleeps with billionaire Donald Trump… because of his charming personality and great sense of humour.

I imagine his devastatingly good looks came into to somewhere as well as his lovely hair and his teeny tiny hands

Whoever loses, we win!

😆

Trump is sadly the better of two very poor candidates

😯

Unless he is stood next to Hitler No

i think we will all agree they are two tainted candidates and hardly the best of the best but to think trump is best you need to be a redneck a little racist, incredibly stupid or a combination of all three

martinhutch

@shermer – yes indeed. Daily Mail has already published a retraction, that won’t save them from a world of legal pain and expense.

I see they tried the old ‘we published the allegation while making clear it wasn’t true’ trick. It will be nice to see that defence failing miserably. Let’s hope they have a clause in their libel insurance about reckless publication leaving them with the entire bill.

Happy days!

pondo

Trump is sadly the better of two very poor candidates.

You get loonier by the day.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.