Viewing 40 posts - 13,801 through 13,840 (of 23,155 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • wwaswas

Perfect photo of the day.

akira

Squirrel!

DrJ

She frequently nudges the reader to make connections between the president of the United States and past dictatorships. She reminds us who first coined the Trumpian phrase “drain the swamp”. It was drenare la paludein the original, Mussolini Italian

In fairness, that is not accurate:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/may/09/madeleine-albright/madeleine-albright-right-about-mussolini-and-drain/

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Interesting interview with Madeleine Allbright about dTrump and despots in general:
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/jul/08/madeleine-albright-fascism-is-not-an-ideology-its-a-method-interview-fascism-a-warning
    This bit in particular caught my eye:

Albright did her self a disservice by getting that wrong, because it goes way deeper than that, Bannon, Trump, Farage etc are all clued up on and using the language and ideas of grass roots pre-fascist thinkers such as Julius Evora.

Dickyboy

@mikesmith

That’s right near us but I can’t fathom out which actual field it’s in to check it out 🤔

somafunk

I see the BBC are trolling trump by using the photo above as their main headline image, here

FuzzyWuzzy

WTF are people in Bristol (and I guess other cities) holding an anti-Trump protest for? If you think he’s enough of a tosser to warrant protesting against then go to London and do it properly. Don’t just disrupt the traffic in a city miles away that he’ll never even hear about let alone care about. If you can’t make it to London then just moan down the pub or shout at the TV like the rest of us.

somafunk

Jesus **** Christ 😯, is anyone else listening to the live NATO press conference with Trump, he’s **** deluded to the point of comedic farce, and not one reporter has called him out for the numerous lies he’s telling.

Do your **** jobs🤬

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just heard the summary there, are you going to change your mind when you get on the plane, no that is what other people do!!

As for the press if they call him out he will just go off on one, they will write it up and the idiots will just ignore it as #FakeNwes

Bring on the baby balloon

dissonance

If you think he’s enough of a tosser to warrant protesting against then go to London

Considering he is hiding away probably not much point doing it there either.

One reason for the protests elsewhere would be it weakens the claim that everyone outside of London loves him.

Do your **** jobs

It is the problem of how do you deal with someone who simply doesnt care about the truth and so isnt embarrassed or worried about being caught out? I think they should just bleep out all the lies.

ninfan
    Free Member

WTF are people in Bristol (and I guess other cities) holding an anti-Trump protest for?

Because theyre the same sad ******* that protest everything. Go and have a look sometime, whatever the issue: NHS, immigration, anti-capitalism, Brexit, animal rights, Israel, GMO’s, Anti nuclear protests, fracking, everything  – it’s always the same old characters, the same bunch of students, the same dog on a string brigade, the same bored middle class housewives. It’s the highlight of their sad social lives.

nickc

It’s the highlight of their sad social lives.

says the man who trolls a bike forum…

kerley
    Free Member

says the man who trolls a bike forum…

and poorly

ninfan
    Free Member

I must have hit a nerve there, recognise yourself in the above description do you? After all, it’s only trolling when you’re triggered 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

– it’s always the same old characters, the same bunch of students, the same dog on a string brigade, the same bored middle class housewives. It’s the highlight of their sad social lives.

Nah the Pro Brexit one had the Tommy Robinson fan club there 😉

It’s a good signal to our government that the people are unhappy about inviting the offensive prick to the UK and having to pay for it (£5 Million from the magic money tree for policing in Scotland) given his offensive and inaccurate comments about the UK in his short occupation of the white house it’s only fair he see’s what the UK thinks of him.

I do hope somebody reminds him that we burnt down the white house, can’t have Canada taking the credit for that one.

Of course you are welcome to go and express a counter point of view in person, perhaps some banners of your posts from here would help

“Obama was worse”

“He’s not a Nazi he loves Jews”

ninfan
    Free Member

the people

Genuine LOL

remember when you thought ‘the people’ were anti-Brexit and pro Corbyn…

lets look at it this way

how many million people *aren’t* out on the streets protesting about Trump coming here? That’s how bothered ‘the people’ are about it.

nickc

it’s only trolling when you’re triggered

Y’know ninny sometimes I almost feel sorry for you, you sad little man

mikewsmith
    Free Member

These are literally the biggest protests the world has ever seen, if you disagree #FAKENWES #NINFANSMELLS MAKE PROTESTS BIGGER AGAIN #RUSSIAWASNICER

ninfan
    Free Member

you sad little prick

Loses argument, turns to personal abuse – typical leftie.

As I always point out, if me, Jamba or Chewy reacted like that the mods would send us to the benches.

*ah, look, big man suddenly edits his post after getting called out on it. LOL

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and some fun quotes from the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44802315

Speaking at the Nato summit before travelling to the UK, Mr Trump referred to Britain as a “pretty hot spot right now with a lot of resignations”.

He will meet Theresa May later, who wants a post-Brexit trade deal – days after he said the UK was in “turmoil”

It’s good to have an expert in resignations in the country

Mr Trump, who will also spend time with the Queen during his two-day working visit, said: “I think they like me a lot in the UK; I think they agree with me on immigration…

“You see what’s going on throughout the world with immigration… I think that’s why Brexit happened.”

He said the British people “voted to break it up, so I imagine that’s what they’ll do” and “Brexit is Brexit”.

Glad he got the memo on Brexit, though he must not have read the bit where your not meant to say it was about immigration

So this trip is about ticking a diplomatic box, getting a visit out of the way before its further delay became politically embarrassing.

And as working visits go, it is on the minimal side: no Downing Street barbecue, no cabinet visit, no speech to both Houses of Parliament.

The diplomatic aim will be to get through the visit without any gaffes, without upsetting the president, and without him saying anything disobliging about Brexit or a future trade deal.

The UK and the US do have a good relationship at an institutional level, in the fields of defence, security and intelligence. The tricky bit is always the politics and the personalities.

Doing all of his favourite things, walking, talking, tweeting, shaking hands and none of that complicated politics stuff

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

you sad little prick

It’s only personal abuse if it isn’t true

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As I always point out, if me, Jamba or Chewy reacted like that the mods would send us to the benches.

Proper LOL’s there, they way you fling the term Leftie and Snowflake around like insults makes it even better.

nickc

points of order…

1, we’re not arguing, I’m pointing out facts

2. everyone is a leftie compared to you, so non sequitur

3. it’s only trolling when you’re triggered, remember?

ninfan
    Free Member

Its only personal abuse if it isn’t true

Well, I’m certianly not sad, in fact I’ve got a big smile on my face watching the usual lefties wriggling knowing that they are so powerless that all they can do is have a little Tantrum in the streets about Donald visiting.

Will this be you at the moment Air Force One touches down?

Fling the term leftie and snowflake around like insults

How many times have I used the word snowflake?

kilo

Lefty this, lefty that, Is this really the extent of your life, trolling a mountain bike forum.  it’s a bit pathetic.

ninfan
    Free Member

But it’s just so much fun.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How many times have I used the word snowflake?

Go on them let us know, I’m sure you have your posts bound and indexed there in case you need a bit of bed time reading.

Meanwhile people are out engaging in democratic protests, exercising their rights to protest and express their feelings.

We also now know how we treat our police officers

https://twitter.com/Hantsfedchair/status/1017284367150911489/photo/1

The Police Federation said it was unfair to expect officers to work 12 or 15 hour shifts after sleeping in such conditions – it said there was also no access to hot water.

The National Police Chiefs’ Council said Essex Police was trying to resolve the problems “at speed”.

The Home Office said it would consider requests to reimburse forces in England and Wales for the policing costs of Mr Trump’s visit; the Treasury has agreed to pay up to £5m for the costs in Scotland

and even more interesting

PA news agency say it’s understood that, despite speculation, the Duke of York – Prince Charles’ young brother – will not join the president for a game.

When Andrew won’t meet you!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Will this be you at the moment Air Force One touches down?

Will this be you?

ransos
    Free Member

Well, I’m certianly not sad, in fact I’ve got a big smile on my face watching the usual lefties wriggling knowing that they are so powerless that all they can do is have a little Tantrum in the streets about Donald visiting.

You must have a particularly empty life.

ninfan
    Free Member

We also now know how we treat our police officers

Perhaps we wouldn’t need so many police officers shipped down and on duty for days on end if we could trust the lefties not to have a big tantrum and smash up the place when they don’t get what they want

The actions of the political left at recent protests have made football fans look almost respectable.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Perhaps we wouldn’t need so many police officers shipped down and on duty for days on end if

We didn’t invite Trump for a pointless visit, he should be paying his own security for his golf trips.

https://trumpgolfcount.com/

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh, I  see…

it’s always the same old characters, the same bunch of students, the same dog on a string brigade, the same bored middle class housewives. It’s the highlight of their sad social lives.

ninfan
    Free Member

We didn’t invite Trump for a pointless visit, he should be paying his own security for his golf trips.

It was one of your heroes who who invited him to build a golf course and overturned all the planning objections to make it happen, remember?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It was one of your heroes

No hero of mine there, did he pay for his own holiday back then?

How many times has he played golf rather than fixing the problems in his country?

oldtalent
    Free Member

“Well, I’m certianly not sad, in fact I’ve got a big smile on my face watching the usual lefties wriggling knowing that they are so powerless that all they can do is have a little Tantrum in the streets about Donald visiting.”

Indeed it’s **** hilarious the tizz this lot get into. I don’t know anyone like this in real live. They must hang around in their own insular bubble shrieking that everyone with a different opinion to them MUST BE A TROLL!

ninfan
    Free Member

How many times has he played golf rather than fixing the problems in his country?

So, if Donald did something good, you’d give him credit for it, yeah?

fasthaggis

In a Commons debate about the cost of the visit, likely to “run into the millions”, Dennis Skinner did not mince his words.

“What on earth is the government playing at inviting this fascist Trump to come to Britain and cause all this mayhem that we’ve already heard from these benches, police from every part of the British isles?

“The prime minister, does she want to hold his hand again? Is that what it’s all about?

“You’re making a rod for your own back,” he tells ministers.

Go Dennis 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Go on there ninfan your clever trap is staring me in the face so go on, tell me a good thing he has done? Did his helicopter crush Piers Morgan?

ninfan
    Free Member

No, answer the question, if Donald did something good, would you’d give him credit for it?

Viewing 40 posts - 13,801 through 13,840 (of 23,155 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.