Viewing 40 posts - 13,761 through 13,800 (of 23,072 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • CountZero
    batfink
    Free Member

Are we at least getting to the point that the attourneys for the various news/talkshows are comfortable with people using the term lie/lies/liar/lying?  It seems ridiculous to still have people using euphemisms like “misspoke” and “untruth” etc, when the guy is flat-out lying.

kimbers

Doesn’t matter his base just don’t believe anything negative, #fakenews works.

Whether it’s child actors in syria, after mass-shootings or the border separations

Even when his tarifs are backfiring on American workers the trumpcore don’t believe it

http://money.cnn.com/video/news/economy/2018/06/26/missouri-mid-continent-nail-tariffs.cnnmoney/index.html

kimbers

We seen Trump telling off Rutte for all the Dutch cars ‘pouring’ into the USA 😁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Even when his tarifs are backfiring on American workers the trumpcore don’t believe it

Except the ones it’s hurting, been plenty of stories recently about people not supporting him now it’s impacting them. His base is also not enough people to get elected so he needs the rest of the Republicans to go with him – chunks of which he is pissing off at the moment

Pigface
    Free Member

Saw a report this morning hinting that his attorney maybe turning against him. I won’t hold my breath, the man appears to be made of Teflon

also drivers being stopped near near the Canadian border by border control. They ask if you are an American citizen, if you don’t answer you can be detained, for a length of time which is indeterminate. Scary stuff.

binners

I don’t know if you’ve caught it, but this is worth a viewing.

Reporting Trump’s First Year: The Fourth Estate

Its absolutely fascinating. A documentary looking at how the New York Times and the Washington Post adopt to covering a presidency the like of which has never been seen before.

tomhoward

So. No one?

Not one of you?

Really? You’re sure?

No one is going to take the piss out of the Fair And Reciprocal Trade act? The F.A.R.T act? Penned by Donald J. TRUMP?

You people disgust me.

BoardinBob

also drivers being stopped near near the Canadian border by border control. They ask if you are an American citizen, if you don’t answer you can be detained, for a length of time which is indeterminate. Scary stuff.

A French woman got arrested and detained for accidentally jogging over the Canada > US border on a beach. She was detained for over 2 weeks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44588643

I’ve said it many times, the US is failed state.

I have many US friends, and they span the spectrum of the typical US person image, from peace loving lefty to staunch gun toting republican, and I’ve visited the place many times. There’s a lot to love about it, but it’s on a very shaky peg at the moment. Collectively, its failing on many levels.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

TBH probz get a second term no?

maccruiskeen

It seems ridiculous to still have people using euphemisms like “misspoke” and “untruth” etc, when the guy is flat-out lying.

it seems nuanced I know but… to lie you actually need to know what the truth is. The vast majority of the time Trump isn’t strictly lying, he’s bullshitting, People who tell the truth and people who lie both know whats true. Bullshitters are disinterested in truth they just want to be heard to be talking.  He’s saying what he presumes to be, or would like to be, true. But he’s disinterested it taking the time to check.

When he does lie though is when he’s called on his bullshit and then claims he didn’t say it. But he has such loosely held convictions he might even be bullshitting then

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The vast majority of the time Trump isn’t strictly lying, he’s bullshitting,

That is changing, he is.moving to outright lies more and more

kimbers

Trump is teflon, still

tjagain

Looks like Cohen might flip – that is good news 😉

colp

Scott Pruitt has resigned, excellent! Maybe.

whitestone
    Free Member
    burgatedicky

Baby Trump is possibly the best story I’ve read on the Beeb in ages! Proper chuckle from Mrs BD and I!

Sending it on a “world tour” so it can “haunt Mr Trump wherever he goes” too, haha!

maccruiskeen

dissonance

Awwww poor Farage. Perhaps he needs a safe area where he can recover and bond with fellow snowflakes.

martinhutch
    PrinceJohn

So anyone going to the protest next week?

MSP

Did Farage protest the lies and insults directed against the UK by Trump?

Patriotism by words but not by action sums up all the populists, Trump, Farage and the brexit brigade.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s hard to tell who is going to get the warmer welcome Trump or Froome, it’s a shame that flinging bottles of Piss at the Trump motorcade will probably end up with guns out.

DezB
    Free Member

Baby Trump is possibly the best story I’ve read on the Beeb in ages! 

Anyone hear the riveting report about that on Breakfast this morning. It went something like

Presenter1: “I’ve never seen a big balloon like that before”

Presenter2: “I wonder if Trump will see it?”

Ugh, my bwain urts

MrWoppit
    Free Member

He’s coming during Wimbledon week 2! Bloody rude, I call it.

tomhoward

“I wonder if Trump will see it?”

One hopes not, on account of the unrelenting volley of piss bottles obscuring his view.

Klunk
    Free Member

apparently they are keeping him away from London as much as possible… he’ll be staying overnight at the ambassadors residence in Regents Park and thats it.

AD

Loving Farage’s tweet.

Didn’t we burn down the White House in 1814? Although to be fair Trump thinks that was the Canadians…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

grahamh
    Free Member

WTF!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He reminds me of the football commentary when England got beat, was it by Norway when he starts listing British people

I do hope he learns a lorn of new words on his visit

#FreeSpeach

Northwind

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>maccruiskeen
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”></div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

He’s saying what he presumes to be, or would like to be, true. But he’s disinterested it taking the time to check.

You don’t need to take the time to check what you said 3 days ago.

</div>

maccruiskeen

You don’t need to take the time to check what you said 3 days ago.

He sometimes doesn’t even seem to be sure how the sentence started by the time he reaches the end of it 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Have they allocated a special location for the arse kissing or are his devoted followers going to just have to run around and hope to get in there?

CountZero

Interesting interview with Madeleine Allbright about dTrump and despots in general:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/jul/08/madeleine-albright-fascism-is-not-an-ideology-its-a-method-interview-fascism-a-warning

This bit in particular caught my eye:

She agrees that we ought to be careful not to casually throw around the F-word lest we drain the potency from what should be a powerful term. “I’m not calling Trump a fascist,” she says. Yet she seems to be doing all but that when she puts him in the same company as historical fascists in a book that seeks to sound “an alarm bell” about a fascist revival.

She frequently nudges the reader to make connections between the president of the United States and past dictatorships. She reminds us who first coined the Trumpian phrase “drain the swamp”. It was drenare la paludein the original, Mussolini Italian. She quotes Hitler talking about the secret of his success: “I will tell you what has carried me to the position I have reached. Our political problems appeared complicated. The German people could make nothing of them… I…reduced them to the simplest terms. The masses realised this and followed me.” Sound familiar?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well I can see how much in the pocket of the corporations they are

CountZero

I read about that breast feeding resolution, the flagrant threats and blackmail used by the US seem to be an all-to frequent occurrence, it was only the Russians stepping up that saved it, because there was no way dTrump would pick any kind of fight with Putin, ‘cos he’s one of the big boys.

Northwind

He’s pardoned the Hammonds- convicted arsonists, poachers land thieves and fraudsters, who tried to frame the Bureau of Land Management for the fire they started to try and cover up their crimes. Nice one.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

When you go low, you need to work harder to go lower.

He is certainly not heading for a good reception over here after offending most of the EU

Viewing 40 posts - 13,761 through 13,800 (of 23,072 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.