Viewing 40 posts - 11,241 through 11,280 (of 23,164 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

No shit Sherlock 😉
    easiest prediction ever

Kryton57

So in summary Trump colluded with the Russians to gain votes and win the Presidency?

kimbers

this meeting at trump tower 1 month after the guy 3rd from left met with putins niece & russian ambassador (and later said hed not)

PJM1974
    Free Member

Thank you kimbers and mehr, I’ve spent a good hour reading through those tweets and that Papadopoulos statement.

The investigation has been quietly gathering evidence for some time now, it’s beyond question that Trump knew about collusion with Russians and that the timing of this was prior to the hacking of Clinton’s emails, so it would appear that a quid pro quo agreement was in place before this happened (during the campaign, Trump alluded none too discretely that perhaps Russian hackers might like to dig dirt on Clinton).

We already have a GOP at war with itself. Sooner or later, the rank and file will have to make a choice as to whether to back Trump, or disavow him (and by extension Pence and the remnants of the Tea Party movement). Bannon appears to have planned for Trump’s fall from office, no sane person would’ve bet the farm on Trump lasting in office a full term (in a recent interview, Bannon himself gave Trump a 30% chance of making it to January 2021 as president). It’s certain to get very, very ugly.

Jamie
    Free Member

102/ I want to make a perhaps obvious point: were Trump not a narcissist, we might expect him to resign the presidency this week. He’s done.

I said about 3-4 months ago in this thread Drumpf would be done in 6 months. I honestly would still be surprised if I am right.

mehr
    Free Member

This is probably new thread worthy but a follow up from Peter Jukes on the Farage story I posted before

https://twitter.com/peterjukes/status/924563740778954752

Scary shit, if true (which I suspect it is)

matt_outandabout

this meeting at trump tower 1 month after the guy 3rd from left met with putins niece & russian ambassador (and later said hed not)

Are you jivebunny?

Lifer
    Free Member

Ban on transgender troops also blocked today as it ‘does not appear to be supported by any facts’

kimbers

Are you jivebunny?

Once Trump is out of the picture we can focus on that whole Farage/Putin/Brexit thing !!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

my predictions is that Trump will go down kicking and screaming

Trump is going no where. He’ll be President to the end of his term and then decide whether to run again.

We will see what else the FBI raise but so far it seems the Republicans have done much the same as did the Democrats – try and dig dirt on the opposition.

tjagain

Jamba – he is patently unfit and in breach of various bits of the co0nstitution – and this investigation is nothing to do with the democrats its the dept of justice. Its the lying that will get him and now we have sworn testimony of at least one lie

jambalaya
    Free Member

BTW this guy was hired by Trump for less than two months and then quit/was fired

TJ I get most people think he’s nuts but for me and for most others it was two horrible candidates. The Americans decided he was the least bad. As above the Democrats and Clinton in particular where equally bad.

Anyway we shall see, IMO President Trump is going nowhere

Junkyard
    Free Member

so far it seems the Republicans have done much the same as did the Democrats – try and dig dirt on the opposition.

the assertion concerns who they were digging with not whether other were also digging.
    I very much doubt the trump supporters would be saying the same thing were the situation reversed and russian state agencies helped* him Hilary win with fewer votes.

The Americans decided he was the least bad

they did not as he did not get the majority of votes of americans- imagine if he wont he vote and lost the presidency what he would be saying now still!
    I think we all agree both candidates had weaknesses, massive ones.

* this is not in dispute the only dispute is on collusion which is not proven at this point.

tjagain

Junkyrd – my reading of Popandopolous statement is that he has certainly admitted collusion with the Russians

tjagain

Jamba – its the ignoring of the constitution – like foreign paymasters that will get him that and the repeated lies. the republicans will ditch him at some point – probably after the midterms

Lifer
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    TJ I get most people think he’s nuts but for me and for most others it was two horrible candidates. The Americans decided he was the least bad

😆 more voted for Hilary

tjagain

Also he is not “nuts” – he has a narcissistic personality disorder. Its a mental defect not a mental illness

Junkyard
    Free Member

he has certainly admitted collusion with the Russians

Sorry more clearly whether trump and his campaign team were actively engaged in it or whether they were ignorant of it – neither particularly paints them in a good light but the point is there is , as yet, no proof the president knew. Certainly some his family were happy to see if they could – not sure ineptitude is a defence- but the person was not up to their promises.

tjagain

Yes campaign team actively involved – thats my reading of his statements / admission. NO direct link to Trump yet but Manafort is going to have to plea bargain or face a long time in jail – and I can see him spilling the beans in exchange for leniency

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/30/george-papadopoulos-trump-campaign-aide-pleaded-guilty-lying-agents-russia-inquiry

akira

I think now it’s not a case of whether Trump knew about it but whether it can be proved. If it comes anywhere near looking like he’ll face charges then he’ll scarper.

tjagain

Papadopoulos attended a national security meeting with Trump and other advisers, at which Papadopoulos stated that he “could help arrange a meeting between then-candidate Trump and President Putin”.

kimbers

I’ll file that one along with predictions of May’s 150 seat Tory landslide 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think you will find the claim was 75 😉

BoardinBob

jambalaya – Member
    BTW this guy was hired by Trump for less than two months and then quit/was fired

akira

Hired in march, fired in august. Not two months. Fakenews.

theotherjonv

He could have been hired for 2 hours for all it matters, it’s what he did in those 2 hours / months that matters, and that looks very interesting.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ye what he did in those two months and why they hired him are the real questions

Still not enough to prove Trump knew but I agree that manafort may well start throwing folk under a bus to protect himself – though I assume Donny will promise him a pardon for silence – at the end of his only term.
    Interesting times ahead but o think we have all largely understood what has happened and dug into our trenches so the only real issue is whether the Republicans do anything. I think it harms them long term to ignore this personally as its just not a party political issue its a sovereignty of the nation issue and putting party before country will be a long term grave mistake.

chewkw
    Free Member

President Trump will remain the President of USA for two terms easy because people will continue to support him.

Not one term but Two.

The people know that DemOncrat will only bring hardship to them, hence DemOncrat is out for a long time, very long time.

Hilary Clinton should remain in the media to lead DemOncrats to insult the President of USA.

All the current media circus will have No impact whatsoever on President Trump remaining as the President of USA.

Junkyard
    Free Member

wrong thread !

tomhoward

jambalaya – Member .

This post make me happy.

‘Why?!’ I hear you ask.

I point you to page 1 of this thread….

jambalaya – Member
    Novelty value only, he has no chance of being elected

mattyfez

President Trump will remain the President of USA for two terms easy because people will continue to support him

It wouldn’t surprise me, despite this, which kinda proves the point..

chewkw
    Free Member

mattyfez – Member
    It wouldn’t surprise me, despite this, which kinda proves the point..

No impact whatsoever for the supporters because the idea is to keep demOncrats out at all cost, the alternative to President Trump is worst. 🙂

All those negative talks and scaremongering will have no impact whatsoever other media circus, because life goes on as normal. 😛

akira

Hopefully karma catches up with trump and he gets what he deserves for all the people he’s swindled, sexually assaulted, ruined, bankrupted and generally been a bawbag.

tjagain

Akira – I think he is toast and will end up in jail. Too many powerful enemies made and too many laws broken

kimbers

chewk the american people have had their say, its the american legal system thats now calling the shots and Trump has colluded with a foreign power to sway the election

he is the swamp

as for this guy only working for him for a few months, parroting the trump teams press releases isnt very smart as theyve already been shown as lies… according to seth abramson-

Papadopoulos had a “limited” campaign role. FALSE. He was a top adviser and a primary liaison to other nations on Trump’s Russia policy.

Papadopoulos went overseas for Trump and was one of the *only* NatSec team members kept on when the team disbanded in late July of 2016.

Papadopoulos was giving interviews on Trump’s Russia policy to Russian media as late—possibly later—than *late September of 2016*.

All told, George Papadopoulos worked for Trump for *at least* seven months of the eleven-month campaign primary/general “voting” season.

Papadopoulos’ outreach on the Kremlin’s behalf was “repeatedly denied.” FALSE. At all turns he was openly, clearly encouraged by emails.

Papadopoulos had no role in extra-campaign outreach. FALSE—he went to Israel for Trump, talked to Russian media for Trump and much else.

And of course we know from his sworn plea docs that “high-ranking campaign officials” authorized him to speak to (other) Kremlin agents.

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s why he hasn’t been impeached yet. I’ll let you think about it…

aracer
    Free Member

We don’t seem to have covered this – it seems to have only just popped up on the news:
    https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/925029460142944258?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Papadopoulos is described as “proactive cooperator.” Former prosecutor tells me that sometimes means “wore a wire.”

chewkw
    Free Member

akira – Member
    Hopefully karma catches up with trump and he gets what he deserves for all the people he’s swindled, sexually assaulted, ruined, bankrupted and generally been a bawbag.

Karma is heading to Hollywood … 😛

kimbers – Member
    chewk the american people have had their say, its the american legal system thats now calling the shots and Trump has colluded with a foreign power to sway the election

Nothing will come out of it as it’s just another unnecessary hurdle in the life of politician. No big deal.

Colluded with foreign power that is so funny. 😆

If the American people don’t like what President Trump is doing no amount of colluding in this world can make him a President. Nothing.

Make friends with Russia … the world … who cares. 😆

aracer – Member
    Yeah, that’s why he hasn’t been impeached yet. I’ll let you think about it…

How many times do people have to keep talking about impeachment? Bring it on. 😆

kimbers

Manafort bail set at $10m

Seeing as Russia paid him $75m (brought to America thru offshore dodginess) is that about right?

He & Gates gonna be sweating in the pen wondering who’s gonna grass first and what popadopolous has already said….

mehr
    Free Member

On the potentially wearing a wire people are saying that’s why this article came way out of left field https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-campaign-emails-show-aides-repeated-efforts-to-set-up-russia-meetings/2017/08/14/54d08da6-7dc2-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html?utm_term=.43efe630ec25

The train of thought is he met up/called people to say he was arrested so they tried to throw him under the bus

Viewing 40 posts - 11,241 through 11,280 (of 23,164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.