• This topic has 23,125 replies, 785 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by somafunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 11,281 through 11,320 (of 23,126 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I read that bail was posted at an amount that neither Manafort nor Gates could raise from sources they could legitimately account for.

RustyNissanPrairie

Chewkw, go contribute to the Ling thread——->. Your work here is done.

chewkw
    Free Member

RustyNissanPrairie – Member
    Chewkw, go contribute to the Ling thread——->. Your work here is done.

I am here way before you at page 8 – Fact! 😆

Where were you then? 😛

aracer
    Free Member

He’s been there since page 2

mikewsmith
    Free Member

see the chewkwbot provides more food for thought, why now the swap to dem0crat rather than a normal spelling, is it an emphasis or something that has come from the centre to make sure you get paid per post quickly?

As for the content of the charges and who is being implicated it soundly reminds us that Trump has no clue about any of his picks, is a truly incompetent hirer of people, has picked some seriously bad people for very senior jobs OR is complicit in what they were doing.

tjagain

You missed an “n” out – its demONcrat

aracer
    Free Member

Why the OR?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Prove it 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah that would be reading it on my phone…
    Ah yes a quick google and the hashtag comes up

A #Demoncrat is hardly a reliable / credible news source.

My guess is the fallen soldier DID KNOW WHAT HE WAS GETTING INTO…

maxtorque

The thing that strikes me, above everything else, is that DT surrounds himself with selfish, greedy, lying narcissists as a matter of course. I mean, every time anyone who’s had contact with DT comes under the spotlight, they seem to have made a huge personal fortune, often illegally, or at the least, immorally it seems?

We often complain that our society is immoral, and yet we demonstrate that if your are immoral enough you might even get to be President.

Think about that for a moment, and consider how you’d like your own children to grow up, and the state of the world they will have to live in……

Junkyard
    Free Member

we are not americans , that society is not ours.

My kids know this.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well the denials are worth a read for the absurdity of them
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/us/politics/trump-reaction-manafort-indictment.html?_r=0
    I can see why spicer was hiding in the bushes 😉

@aracer

Why the OR?

Mostly for the binary thinkers in the group. I except he is both but you can’t really defend one without the other being true.

chewkw
    Free Member

aracer – Member

I have no idea which thread you are referring to … 😛

mikewsmith – Member
    … why now the swap to dem0crat …

Nothing to do with all your assumptions whatever they are. I just want to let everyone knows I refer to the Democrat as Demon-crat. The party for the Demons. 😆

tjagain – Member
    You missed an “n” out – its demONcrat

Not sure what that means but so long as it is Demon that’s good enough. 😛

… Trump has no clue about any of his picks, …

Not important at all whether he picks the right people as he is learning to be a good politician. He’s good. People like him so will continue to support him. 😛

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not important at all whether he picks the right people as he is learning to be a good politician. He’s good. People like him so will continue to support him.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
    Yep holding solid at 37%, for a man who got less votes than his opponent that could signal trouble. As the graph clearly shows less people like him or approve of him than they did so people are not continuing to support him.

But as you say there, the people who do support him don’t care that he is incompetent and don’t understand what long words like complicit mean.

I guess we need to wait until thurs/fri to see the reflected approval ratings and what impact this has on them.

This Edition of Troll Food was brought to you by Mike.

tjagain

I suspect when the mid term polls start coming in that the republicans will ditch him – thats if he survives that long

MrWoppit
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    chewkw » the alternative to President Trump is worst.
    Yeah, that’s why he hasn’t been impeached yet. I’ll let you think about it…

I admire your optimism regarding chewcarpet’s abilities.

whitestone
    Free Member

Welcome back chewkw, I see you’ve been back to fake news central for some reprogramming, hope it wasn’t too painful.

Demoncrats eh? I wonder how long it took your handlers to come up with that one, probably a couple of years after they actually learnt how to spell Democrat. Obviously appeals to the radical fundamentalists in the Tea Flake Party.

pondo

Nothing will come out of it as it’s just another unnecessary hurdle in the life of politician.

Drumpf’s not a politician.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

@mattyfez
    fake news – check snopes

jambalaya
    Free Member

Kimbers Trump really has not “colluded with Russia”

Papadoplous was an unpaid volunteer who’s attempts to pursued the Trump top team to meet his “Russian contacts” where rebuffed
    Manafort was clearly a very well paid lobbyist for Ukraine (which you could legitimately ask if they where acting as a Russian “middleman”) which when the Trump team found out about these old connections and activities he was fired.

It is not a massive surprise Russians thought Trump would be more open to ending sanctions than Clinton

Facebook where certainly happy to take the Russians money and ask no questions

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Trump couldn’t be bothered to check out Manafort before hiring him.
    On George http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-31/paul-manafort-george-papadopoulos-cause-trump-grief/9104920

Given George has possibly worn a wire according to some sources we shall wait and see what happens next. The fact there was no leak of the arrest of George is very interesting, that was kept very secret – while he was delivering intel to the prosecution. So everyone he spoke to could now have incriminated themselves – what would they do to avoid prosecution.

TBH Kellyanne Conway was more convincing

tjagain

Papadoplous was a central part of the campaign meeting with Trump and the rest of the campaign team. He told Trump at a meeting that the Russians had dirt on Clinton

Manafort was a key and central part of the campaign and had been a key worker in Rubublican campaigns since the 70s

Gates was a longstanding and key part of the campaign and still is a part of Trumps entourage

Still – about the usual jamba accuracy

“However, Trump himself had announced Papadopoulos’s appointment as a foreign policy adviser in March 2016, describing him as “an excellent guy”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Papadoplous was an unpaid volunteer who’s attempts to pursued the Trump top team to meet his “Russian contacts” where rebuffed

Fake News

When trump was asked to name his foreign advisers he named him third so this attempt to downplay his role is a lie. See also the claims of how long he worked for them. It does not help clear up doubts about all this if you continue to lie about it – aimed at trump not you as i have grown used to how often you get facts wrong and how sincerely you believe things that evidence does not support and often refutes fed to you by the alt right.
    The facts are out there

Its reasonably true to or worthy of debate as to how much a part of the inner circle he really was but the notion he was at the outer fringes, only volunteering and there for only a month or two is patently false,

aracer
    Free Member

😆 cite

mikewsmith
    Free Member

TBH with his record I’m not sure how we can question his judgement

akira

Ah I’ve missed jamby just making stuff up, seems like home again. I await his desperate scrambling as trump sinks lower and lower with glee.

martinhutch

How many Trump staffers will be spending today desperately trying to remember when they last spoke to Papadapoulos?

craigxxl
    Free Member

I love the double standards of the Americans complaining about election interference despite their own very dirty dealings in other countries democracies.
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-us-intervention-foreign-elections-20161213-story.html

I can’t imagine why they are so unpopular around the world.

tjagain

Note Papadoplous and trump are both there and Papadopolous has sworn that at the meeting he told the meeting that Russions had dirt on Clinton

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Will probably be a 3 shirt day in the white house…could be getting sweaty and the twitter thumbs will be needing a massage.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Look the Russians would rather Jeremy Corbyn was PM but that doesn’t mean people should not vote Labour.

kimbers

tbf jambs is just repeating exactly the PR release from the White House & Fox News

even though Papadopolous has already told the FBI & other evidence has shown otherwise

jambalaya
    Free Member

Note Papadoplous and trump are both there and Papadopolous has sworn that at the meeting he told the meeting that Russions had dirt on Clinton

The Clinton campaign paid for a “dig (fabricate) the Russian dirt” on Trump

Also that can’t be a “National Security Meeting” as Trump was not president, it’s a campaign meeting from a time when Papa was working unpaid on the campaign

As I said above Papa said he could “setup a meeting with the Russians” and the Trump team declined.

kimbers

jambalaya – Member
    Look the Russians would rather Jeremy Corbyn was PM but that doesn’t mean people should not vote Labour.

Its all gravy to Putin

since the Brexit vote went his way hes not bothered whos PM- weak & wobbly May or Comrade Corbs,
    A wise investment a few 1000 facebook trolls & twitter bots helped Vote Leave weaken the UK & the EU!

kimbers

Also that can’t be a “National Security Meeting” as Trump was not president, it’s a campaign meeting from a time when Papa was working unpaid on the campaign

that was what Trump called his national security council

and unpaid by Trump or by the Russians? 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

really…
    First lot were Jeb Bush, they paid for the initial look, the dossier came from a UK Source.
    Looks like the Trump lot got their intel directly from the KGB/FSB/Putin as they chose to divulge it. The drop of emails via WikiLeaks is heavily suspicious in the narrative especially given the members of the trump team who spoke directly with them.

One cracked, 2 in court facing ruin, given the backbone of most of them and the principles they hold I’m not sure how many will back trump over themselves.

tjagain

Manafort and Gates are facing serious jailtime – like decades. I am sure they will spill the dirt on Trump in a plea bargain

aracer
    Free Member

You did, and I asked you to cite* and you haven’t.

* which is of course also an abbreviation…

kimbers

also the email chain that papadopolous is in with Gates, Manafort and presumably Lewandoski & clovis (campaing chair & co-chair) has them saying that Trump himself cant meet Putin it has to be

[t]here are legal issues we need to mitigate, meeting with foreign officials as a private citizen.

May 21. Papadopoulos emails another high-ranking campaign official — Manafort, according to The Post’s August report — informing him that “Russia has been eager to meet Mr. Trump for quite sometime and have been reaching out to me to discuss.”

Manafort forwards the email to Rick Gates (who was also indicted on Monday). “We need someone to communicate that [Trump] is not doing these trips,” he writes. “It should be someone low level in the campaign so as not to send any signal.

Senior members of the campaign openly discussing using dirt on hillary from the russians & meeting them

of course trump could deny all knowledge, though of course he did brag a few days later that the Russians have Hilarys emails, wonder how he found that out….

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/10/30/timeline-how-a-trump-adviser-tried-to-work-with-the-russian-government/?utm_term=.c7f8c3cf5d28

Junkyard
    Free Member

true but if the Russians channelled money to help him win and he did are you really trying to say you would care this little? would accept it was “just a volunteer”

the reality is the right are making excuses because they won not because it is ok. Its not right for russia to help any politician win. there is no whatabouteery to be employed here. Its about the sovereign state and faith in the democracy and that is more important than petty politics. My lord i am more patriotic than right wing folk, Astounding.

Dig for dirt does not mean fabricate 😯 Again the issue is not did they both do this the issue is did Hilary engage the russian state in order to do this. Who did they do it with and by what methods. Why can you not understand this simple distinction ?

Viewing 40 posts - 11,281 through 11,320 (of 23,126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.