Viewing 40 posts - 9,521 through 9,560 (of 23,163 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • ninfan
    Free Member

Why is the director of the FBI investigating the president over links with ****

Really? that’s news – if you remember, It’s been specifically denied that the president himself is under investigation, not though you’d likely know that if your main source of information was the independent or guardian.

kimbers

oh gosh this is embarrassing ninfan…

the letter appointing the special counsel(sic)

says Trumps campaign and anything to do with it so …. id say that covers the tangerine racist

you can see it here
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/17/us/politics/document-Robert-Mueller-Special-Counsel-Russia.html?_r=0

theotherjonv

I think the phrasing was more like there wasn’t a specific investigation into Trump himself. But implication (and we know you like reading between the lines) that there was an investigation in general, and that Trump might well be implicated in that.

Klunk
    Free Member

Dubitat, nisi qui nescit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Insert jar of straws pic later…
    What isn’t under investigation?
    The AG?
    The former security advisor who had many security problems that were flagged before he was offered the job?
    The cover up?
    The fact really big issues were communicated and it had to be leaked before he was fired?
    The attempts to stop an investigation?
    Still must be nice to be so popular.

It’s business the buck stops with the boss. In this case there is a bonus of some nice charges in there too, think jarred can throw the old man under the bus to save his own skin?

Northwind

kimbers – Member

theres even a recording of senior reps in 2016 discussing whether Trump is in the pay of Putin

Did you see the response?
    “McCarthy would never say that, this is ridiculous, flat denial”
    “We have a recording of this thing that never happened”
    “EDINBURGH DEFENCE!”

ninfan
    Free Member

But implication

Ah, so now your case against Trump is falling down to what’s is and was implied, rather than what’s actually happening 😆

kimbers

in ninfanlandia is trumps approval rating actually at a record high?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

That’s about as good as having to call Vladimir as your character witness to tell everyone you didn’t blurt out what you said you did that your press sec denied but was later contradicted by a tweet and by whatever else…..

If your investigation includes sessions and flynn then it includes the person who hired them.

nickc

“any links and/or coordination between the Russian Government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump”

so unless The Don wasn’t involved in his own campaign…

theotherjonv

Ah, so now your case against Trump is falling down to what’s is and was implied, rather than what’s actually happening

so are you suggesting his administration is being investigated but by implication he isn’t?

Given the way you have sidestepped out of ambiguous phrasing in the past (calling for…. seems to stick in the mind) – pot and kettle?

aracer
    Free Member

cite

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It was a very good source
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39886496
    Guess who said the FBI were not investigating him?
    The FBI says it does not comment on ongoing investigations.

akira

Well if Trump said it then it must be true, cos he’s never lied, made stuff up, misunderstood stuff, quoted lies, been taken in by others lying to him or just generally bawbagged around. Any other people saying he’s not being investigated? 7,505,409,010 to 1 then, busy I guess people will still side with Trump.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A week out of date though

As a special counsel, Mr. Mueller can choose whether to consult with or inform the Justice Department about his investigation. He is authorized to investigate “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump,” according to Mr. Rosenstein’s order naming him to the post, as well as other matters that “may arise directly from the investigation.” He is empowered to press criminal charges, and he can request additional resources subject to the review of an assistant attorney general.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/us/politics/robert-mueller-special-counsel-russia-investigation.html
    He is being investigated, he was part of his campaign.

ninfan
    Free Member

he was part of his campaign.

😆

Keep digging, while the rest of us watch your conspiracy theory gradually fall apart at the seams

GrahamS

And since you are dubious of the MSM sources ninfan:

According to his order of appointment, Mueller’s purview will include all FBI investigation into:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
    (ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
    (iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. §600.4(a).

Regulation 28 C.F.R. §600.4(a) is part of the federal regulations authorizing special counsels. It expands a special counsel’s jurisdiction to all crimes, such as perjury or obstruction of justice, that interfere with his original named responsibility.

Source: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/17/special-counsel-will-oversee-russia-investigation/

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Keep digging, while the rest of us watch your conspiracy theory gradually fall apart at the seams

So already there is documented evidence showing concerns over Flynn’s suitability were ignored before he was appointed.
    We have possible evidence of pressuring the FBI to stop looking.
    Hoe many pages back to get your no smoke without fire quotes?
    It looks less and less like a conspiracy theory by the day as facts keep dropping.

kimbers

we dont have to dig- the orange f–knugget just tweets out something stupid and another judge fires up another investigation, cue trump wailing about how unfair it all is and tweeting off another crisis for his PR team to deal with 🙂

ninfan
    Free Member

So already there is documented evidence showing concerns over Flynn’s suitability were ignored before he was appointed.

And on whose watch was Flynn given security clearance under? 😆

We have possible evidence of pressuring the FBI to stop looking.

ah, “possible” 😆 lets just slot that in the same big bag of big scary ‘woo’ words as “implied” and “potential” shall we 😉

Northwind

Meanwhile, Ninfan’s link that he claims proves Trump isn’t under investigation actually says:

“two top senators — Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles E. Grassley and ranking Democrat Dianne Feinstein — briefed last week by Mr. Comey on the broad scope of his investigation said he gave them no indication the president is a target.

“Sen. Feinstein and I heard nothing that contradicted the president’s statement,” Mr. Grassley said.”

implies, possible…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And on whose watch was Flynn given security clearance under?

So you don’t know how clearance works then? He was cleared, he has now done thing that would probably get it revoked. He was under investigation when he was appointed over his turkey problem which Trump ignored.
    As for allegation made?
    All the more reason to investigate don’t you think. I’m Sure Trump would love all of this to be settled.

theotherjonv

FWIW I didn’t say implied, I said implicated.

kimbers

cant wait to see what the subpoenas dig up from this

tax returns anyone?

secret recordings?

comedy gold awaits us!

aracer
    Free Member

Let me guess – somebody who’s campaign isn’t under investigation?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Well if Trump said it then it must be true, cos he’s never lied, made stuff up, misunderstood stuff, quoted lies, been taken in by others lying to him or just generally bawbagged around.

You are the ninfan/chewbot and I claim my 5 roubles

kimbers

good summary here of how trump has managed to get himself in this mess and just seems to keep on digging

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/05/18/trump-is-totally-delusional-about-whats-happening-to-him-right-now/?tid=pm_pop&utm_term=.a392e55ff820

and for ninfan, explains what and who is being investigated

akira

Damnit bigbutslimmerbloke you caught me out. Think I was being too subtle. All Hails the Trump, he can do no wrong and will live forever and anyone who says anything against him is lying unless he then tweets an admission then he’s allowed to do it and they’re just jealous of his orangey, flabby, idiotic, fat headed…..nope can’t even pretend he’s not an idiot.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I’m stil not quite sure what you’re trying to say ^^^^ 😉

akira

Perfect ninfan facsimile then. My work here is done.

oldnpastit

ninfan – Member

And on whose watch was Flynn given security clearance under?

He was encouraged to retire from the Defense Intelligence Agency under Obama’s watch.

To answer your question then, it was on Trump’s watch that he was given security clearance.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

“I respect the move, but the entire thing has been a witch hunt. There is no collusion – certainly myself and my campaign – but I can always speak for myself and the Russians – zero,” he said at a joint press conference with the Colombian president, Juan Manuel Santos.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/18/trump-strays-white-house-message-mueller-witch-hunt

The bus is rolling and the victims are being lined up…

batfink
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to DT being out of the country next week for several reasons:

1) He doesn’t want to go.
    2) The opportunities for him to f-up are enormous. I take no pleasure in this, only that with every balls-up, maybe that’s a few more Americans having the scales fall from their eyes.
    3) I have a feeling there might be a few well-timed “developments” while he’s out of town.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I wonder how many people will point out that the hotel rooms might have hiddem cameras on the trip…
    https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2017-05-18/donald-trumps-first-foreign-trip-a-guided-tour
    To be honest it reads like a list of places you wouldn’t take Prince Phillip

piemonster

3) I have a feeling there might be a few well-timed “developments” while he’s out of town.

Reaches for the popcorn!

The last couple of weeks have been bizarre enough it’ll be interesting to see what happens. I’m half expecting to see the nuclear football replaced with an actual football for safety reasons. In a not too dissimilar similar vein to the IT crowd and the internet. Just strap a big red button to it, he’ll not know the difference.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He is a strange one everything that happens to him is the biggest the greatest the most EVER

Biggest witch hunt ever – after what he did to Obama with the birth certificate – the man is a shameless moron.

nickc

Biggest witch hunt ever – after JFK got killed to death for doing the same job what he did to Obama with the birth certificate – the man is a shameless moron.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Clearly there are many example we could use – in fact Hilary faced a worse witch hunt as what she did was done by other before her- e-mails on a private server- but i picked the one where he DID the witch hunting based on a completely false fact…oh the irony

Viewing 40 posts - 9,521 through 9,560 (of 23,163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.