Viewing 40 posts - 8,761 through 8,800 (of 23,167 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Trump in 2012:

Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.

kimbers

Humble pie for breakfast this morning is it Kimbers? No,of course not, it’s;

this may come as a surprise to someone with a militaria fetish but dropping 60 cruise missiles might not have been the only option open to him

hypocrisy?

its good to see all the right wingers have their usual war hard-on, Id like to take this time to recall that Tony Blair’s war on Iraq which arguably started all this chaos, was scuppered by a labour rebellion, oh no wait thats right 9 out of 10 Tories supported by their usual chums in the press all voted for the war……… and here we are

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Alex Jones won’t be happy”

Can someone tell me if Alex Jones and Infowars are reliable sources?

ninfan
    Free Member

which arguably started all this chaos

Yep, definitely never any problems in the Middle East prior to 1997

GrahamS

Is this where chewkw shows up to remind us that Trump is a peaceful man and the US will be staying out of other countries business?

Or is he saving that one for when North Korea kicks off?

whitestone
    Free Member

Yep, definitely never any problems in the Middle East prior to 1997

The problems in the Middle East were primarily wars/conflicts between states run by some rather dubious regimes – Saddam Hussein; Assad; IRC; etc. Plus in part they were part of the “war by proxy” that was the physical manifestation of the Cold War.

In removing or weakening the regimes what you have now are multiple factions with ever shifting allegiances. A reasonable example from the United Kingdom’s past would be The War of the Roses where significant participants switched sides on several occasions.

martinhutch

Can someone tell me if Alex Jones and Infowars are reliable sources?

😀

Yes, they are*

*If you are the Commander in Chief of one of the world’s most powerful countries, apparently.

slowoldman
    shermer75
    Free Member

There can be no fighting in the war room!!

Some interesting stuff here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39486617

grahamh
    Free Member
    shermer75
    Free Member

Interesting stuff! It does look like Kushner may be a moderating influence on Trump, which can only be good!! 🙂

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/08/donald-trump-steve-bannon-jared-kushner-power-struggle

Junkyard
    Free Member

interesting read but nor sure why you would cite Nixon as a good example of why having a bubble around the president is a good thing

More nepotism in the US White house than I had thought but no real argument – other than he trusts them – as to why its a good idea.
    IMHO its quite unlikely that his own children and their spouses are the most talented in these roles hence it will always get criticism.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The root of conflict in the middle east is the war between Shia Muslims and Sunni Muslims, all fighting each other over which is the proper fairy tale to follow.

600 years and still going strong.

All the “west” has done with it’s adventurism is to stir up the hornets nest.

And here, as was said earlier, we are…

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    Is this where chewkw shows up to remind us that Trump is a peaceful man and the US will be staying out of other countries business?

A few Tomahawks as goodwill gesture between superpowers is normal. Yes, Trump will remain peaceful with Russia vice versa. However, all of them will keep hammering their own political opponents especially those biased media and their supporters at home. That I am sure will be atomic. 😆

Or is he saving that one for when North Korea kicks off?

You want to grab Chinese territory? Go on try it grab some if you can.
    Nobody is going to touch North Korea regardless. Nobody. 😆

Those stirring about human rights in North Korea that’s a joke right? 😆

GrahamS

A few Tomahawks as goodwill gesture between superpowers is normal.

By a few you mean 59? Around $60 million worth of ordnance.

Nobody is going to touch North Korea regardless. Nobody.

“If China is not going to solve North Korea, we will” – Donald Trump

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

$60 million to America is peanuts. 😆

“If China is not going to solve North Korea, we will” – Donald Trump

He is the President of USA so what do you expect him to say? 😆

GrahamS

This from The Spectator:

So if getting Russia and China to help doesn’t work, then what? Well, I understand that Trump’s Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was not bluffing when, speaking of military strikes, he said: ‘That option is on the table.’ Inside the Trump White House, they think that there can be a viable military solution to the North Korean problem. They are convinced that it is possible to take out the infrastructure behind Pyongyang’s nuclear weapons programme. In particular, they calculate that they can successfully target the regime’s ability to give these weapons greater range as well as destroy the weapons themselves.

This approach might succeed, but it would do so at immense cost — much of the Korean peninsula could end up as collateral damage. Because however successful a US strike might be, there can be no certainty that it would deliver regime change. North Korea would almost certainly try to respond with a military attack against South Korea. If it still had the capability, Pyongyang’s response might well include a nuclear element. It is a sign of how concerned the US is about a North Korea with a long-range nuclear arsenal that despite this, the military option remains open.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/04/north-korea-must-be-tamed-and-donald-trump-is-right-to-take-action/

We’ll see I guess.

oldnpastit

Better stock up on TVs, mobile phones and DRAM chips…. 😯

GrahamS

Having said that Tillerson rather bizarrely “no commented” on the most recent missile “test” in North Korea so maybe China have politely explained how things work to the Whitehouse?

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    We’ll see I guess.

Nothing will happen coz they all going to be trading pals whether you like it or not. 😆

You lot, the political opponents, will be very disappointed soon and you are more than welcome to argue until your face turn blue nothing much will happen. Trading yes. 😆

Most of the news are just shite stirring at best to drum up domestic sentiment otherwise no news … The media is the giant troll. 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    Having said that Tillerson rather bizarrely “no commented” on the most recent missile “test” in North Korea so maybe China have politely explained how things work to the Whitehouse?

China is always about trade, diplomacy and minding own business. Yes, China will diffuse the situation with trade.

oldnpastit

A chance to find out if age and guile really will always beat youth and beauty.

GrahamS

You lot, the political opponents, will be very disappointed soon

I’ll be quite happy to be “disappointed” chewkw, but so far Trump has done pretty much the polar opposite of everything you praised him for, so I’m not too reassured by your words.

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

You lot, the political opponents, will be very disappointed soon

I’ll be quite happy to be “disappointed” chewkw, but so far Trump has done pretty much the polar opposite of everything you praised him for, so I’m not too reassured by your words. [/quote] What polar opposite? He behaves exactly as we expect him to be and exactly as who he is, hence the people like him.

Only you lot, political opponents, trying to fit a square peg into a round hole then complain about incompatibility … silly goose. 😆

Lifer
    Free Member

It’s as much use pointing out chewkw’s contradictory statements as it is pointing out Trump’s.

What’s really annoying is the use of all the emoticons on the internet in each post.

DrJ

That did about $60 worth of damage, apparently. If they’re going to rely on these things to take out N Korea’s nuclear capability I really will be investing in some lead underpants.

Klunk
    Free Member

Do you think Donald asked the Chinese Premier “What are you going to do if we attack north Korea?” and would he get a truthful answer ?

cranberry
    Free Member

That did about $60 worth of damage, apparently.

It is quite clear that the attack was a show of force, rather than designed to inflict major damage/inflict casualties. It was timed when there wouldn’t be many people around, barracks were not targeted and the Russians and quite possibly the Syrians were given prior notification.

shermer75
    Free Member

The Rex Tillerson response was super weird, but I’m not sure how much to read into it. The guy has had literally zero diplomatic experience, so maybe he’s just being a bit crappy at his job?

DrJ

It is quite clear that the attack was a show of force, rather than designed to inflict major damage/inflict casualties. It was timed when there wouldn’t be many people around, barracks were not targeted and the Russians and quite possibly the Syrians were given prior notification.

I see – so sending 59 cruise missiles to do almost precisely nothing was a show of force? Not a show of impotence?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

cranberry – Member – Block User – Quote
    Thank **** for that.

Obama *should* have the deaths of very many people on his conscience for his utter lack of giving a damn when chemical weapons were first used against innocent civilians. And then the second time, and third time, and….

Wiping out any military unit that has used WMD against a city is a suitable response – targeted, limited and proportionate. The next military unit will think twice, and probably decide to live.

POSTED 2 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST

cranberry – Member – Block User – Quote
    That did about $60 worth of damage, apparently.

POSTED 7 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

MSP

Obama *should* have the deaths of very many people on his conscience for his utter lack of giving a damn when chemical weapons were first used against innocent civilians. And then the second time, and third time, and….

Obama wanted to strike Syrian military targets in 2013, republicans blocked him. They are now of course backtracking and bullshitting their way through excuses as to why that was.

shermer75
    Free Member

Obama wanted to strike Syrian military targets in 2013, republicans blocked him.

Weird- I remember it differently! Was that definitley what happened?

shermer75
    Free Member

Hmm- looks like you may be right! I says a lot about who won the media war when the assumption is made that it was Obama who didn’t enforce the red line and not the Republicans…

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/31/syrian-air-strikes-obama-congress

shermer75
    Free Member

Actually, it looks like it never received a floor vote as Assad agreed to destroy Syria’s chemical weapons instead

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_for_the_Use_of_Military_Force_Against_the_Government_of_Syria_to_Respond_to_Use_of_Chemical_Weapons#House_reaction

ninfan
    Free Member

Obama wanted to strike Syrian military targets in 2013, republicans blocked him.

They couldn’t block anything, Obama said at the time that he didn’t need Permission from congress to take military action (hey, that’s what being commander in chief is all about)

MSP

He didn’t have to but he allowed congress to have their say, like trumpcare the Republican majority opposition held sway and it never reached a vote.

GrahamS

Didn’t we (as in the UK House of Parliament) partially block it, because we refused to take action and Obama didn’t want to take US-only unilateral action?

(I may be remembering the wrong conflict there though

maxtorque

chewkw

A few Tomahawks as goodwill gesture between superpowers is normal

er, no, no it isn’t.

Detente

ninfan
    Free Member

He didn’t have to but…

Ah, pass the buck rather than show leadership, pretty much sums up Obamas time in office doesn’t it!

Viewing 40 posts - 8,761 through 8,800 (of 23,167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM