Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Does a number 1 hair cut look rough?
  • missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I’ve got a scar that measures about 6 inches and runs over the front of my scalp from above my left eye to a point about an inch above & just in front of my right ear. If I don’t have a number 1 I feel as though I’m trying to achieve a comb-over look, so I prefer a number 1 all over – I guess that scar with a number 1 probably means I look rougher than most, but TBH I don’t look at a persons haircut & cross the road.

Needs cutting at the moment, I don’t trust myself or my wife to do it ourselves lol!

I’ve also got really thin hair on top, partly was going to happen anyway but radiotherapy also killed off a fair few haircells too, so IMHO the thinner the hair on top, the shorter the hair needs to be.

hels
    Free Member

Depends on the person – do you have LOVE tattooed on one hand and HATE on the other ? Or a woman’s name on your arm ? Do you wear tracksuits and gold jewellery as day wear ?

If not then I reckon you will be OK.

I’m old fashioned, men should have short hair.

firestarter
    Free Member

I went to a lad at works retirement drink last month and a lot of firemen seem to have shaved heads, it was commented on that we looked like a B N P meeting lol

julianwilson
    Free Member

Yes.

My kids say I look OK with 2 or 3, and I quote “like a robber” with no.1.

Harry_the_Spider

0 for me and I don’t look too rough. I did once scare off a religious type who tried to give me a leaflet whilst I was working on my car. I didn’t even say anything he just apologised and turned away.

Coyote
    Free Member

Triple-bladed shaving action for me. It became apparent in my mid 20s that dreadlocks were an impossible dream so I started getting it cut shorter and shorter until eventually wet shaving became the norm. 2 or 3 times a week should do it.

Jamie
    Free Member

I do the sides with no guard….mother nature takes care of the rest….since I was 17 🙁

mooman
    Free Member

Your hair cut will not make you look rough. Sometimes silly, yes.
    But the clothes you wear and how you actually talk will have a bigger influence.

timber

Number 1 is like velcro to hat/hoody/bike helmet I find. And a bit halfway between hair and no hair.
    Number 2 is what I tend to stick with, though occasionally leave it to grow thick through winter if we can’t get up the banks to fell as it means hours stood on the saw bench in the valley and the warmth is welcome. May cut a 4 on the way back to 2 for when the felling/spring comes again for quick drying.

headfirst
    Free Member

A few years back I was looking at holiday snaps of the family and I thought “who’s that thug in the background staring at my beautiful 5 year old daughter?”

It was me with a no.2 all over.

Since then I’ve been ‘a 4 [on the sides] and a 6 [on top] please, love’, which is respectable yet still short enough for zero maintenance – I can get straight out of bed and my hair looks the way it always does – a bit like George Clooney’s, but not as grey 8)

cinnamon_girl

Embrace your curls, flaunt them!

You do of course realise that these naysayers are dead jealous cos they are without? Don’t listen to ’em.

C_G
    (proud of her curls)

mrsflash
    Free Member

only if you already look rough. GF has a no 1 all over and I don’t think he looks rough.

maccruiskeen

Depends on the shape of your head and face. No 4 or 5 I look pleasently bewildered, no 3 I look like I’m on the way to a job interview, no 2 I look like a pub doorman, no 1 I look like a escaped from an institution, no guard and I look like I’ve no hope of escape.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

With a distinct lack of hair, I have no choice but go for a no2. Looks heaps better with a tan, even if they aren’t very pc.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Looks great down a dark alley if you intend to beat people up.

Totally unsexy though, no tactile effect. I find very short hair repulsive in men. Naturally bald is fine, all hacked off is not!

binners

I have to have a number zero all over every week. But then, as my beloved has pointed out, I have ‘Tory Leader Syndrome’. If I let it go longer than a few days I start to resemble William Hague, any longer and I’m drifting into Ian Duncan Smith territory.

And does it make me look rough? Well i was in the pub last Saturday and a big group of p**sed up lads were generally being annoying. I told them to ****ing behave. They all shut up immediately and looked very sheepish.

As they left, one of them came over and apologised. It soon became apparent, much to mrs Binners amusement, that they’d all assumed I was a bouncer. I think that tells you all you need to know

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

To be fair i look pretty rough with a no.1, although the general grumpy demeaner and tattoo coverage probably don’t help 👿

pop-larkin
    Free Member

When I first embraced my baldness I had a number 1 and was given a BNP leaflet on my first trip into town- now I am just told I look like Harry Hill so cant look too threatening:lol:

SaxonRider

I had a number 1 until a number of weeks ago, when I decided to change it myself because I thought it looked too rough. At that, I was wearing it with a jacket, shirt and jumper, cords, and wire-rimmed glasses.

But I can sympathise. I, too, look like Radovan Kerodych (sp?) when I let my hair grow.

The trick is finding a hairdressr you like and asker him or her to help you find a cut that works.

mendip
    Free Member

Ho hum, look at this way, do you love your wife? if yes would you like it if she stop fancy you and find you unattractive with your no 1 haircut that she hate? maybe you can compromise with the wife to come in the middle of your no 1 haircut and her haircut choice.

If you are pale skinned colour like white, no 1 haircut can make you look like a cancer sufferer, I apologise this if that offend anyone.

donsimon
    Free Member

Say it how it is Mendip, why would anyone be offended?

br
    Free Member

Grade 2 to 3 for me, and then leave it until its too long/thick to get my m/c helmet on…

Although my ex-wife did comment “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” when it was at its longest.

chipps

I don’t mean to dredge this thread up unnecessarily, but have you seen how high it ranks if you type ‘number 1 haircut’ into Google?

The power of Singletrackworld, eh? 🙂

Number zero for me usually, then I do it again when it starts going fluffy.

hora
    Free Member

Ladies look good with a number2 although I fear thuis thread isn’t about ‘there’

TooTall
    Free Member

Chipps – the fact that you typed ‘number 1 haircut’ into Google is slightly disturbing – are you planning on implants so you could contemplate different haircuts?

Chipps – Wayne Rooney with statement specs!

Jamie
    Free Member

I agree with TooTall.

Why is Chipps googling ‘number 1 haircut’ at 07:50 on a Sunday morning?

konabunny
    Free Member

2 or 3 times a week should do it.

ZOMG. It’s hard enough shaving my face once a week. Shaving the other bits of my bonce three times a week is far too much hard work (for me).

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Possibly too much information, but… Mwah!

Woody
    Free Member

Damn this thread resurrection. I thought that surf-mat had returned in all his awsomeness for a minute!

2 or 3 at the back and sides for me and then trimmed with scissors over the top every 4-5 weeks (otherwise I look like a sheep) .

SnS
    Free Member

I keep mine short enough so I don’t have to use a brush / comb. ( low maintenance approach)

For me, that’s usually a number 2.

Chris

john_drummer
    Free Member

I guess no1 only looks rough if combined with 18hole Dr Martens, skin-tight jeans, a Fred Perry t-shirt & a black (or red) Harrington jacket.
    Otherwise you’ll be fine

zippykona

If I go more than a week without setting to with the clippers I feel horrid. Not sure if I would look better with hair but I think I am slightly addicted to shaving my head.

MrSmith
    Free Member

only if worn with blue and white synthetic sportswear or clothing with big logo’s or those hats for baseball with american city logo’s on them, despite the wearer never playing baseball and never visiting NY or LA.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Depends on how you behave and unfortunately where you’re from.

My mates and GF thought I looked “tough” with a 1er. I’ve grown it out a little with a beard to match but need to buzz it again as I’m getting grooves from my bike helmet 😆

It’s only hair, do what you want with it 😀 But yes, people do assume things if your hair is cropped short.

noteeth
    Free Member

It’s my only [dignified] option.

I am, of course, gentle as a lamb.

deluded
    Free Member

Grade .5 all over for me – it’s a matter of dignity, in order to avoid the Terry Nutkins look.

tazzymtb

I look a lot fluffier and nicer with a skin head than I did with a big mohawk. Apparently I still look a bit disturbed and like i should be convincing people that they should pay their debts before Mr Nailgun meets Mr kneecap, but at least people no longer cross the road to avoid me. 😥

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Grade .5 all over for me – it’s a matter of dignity, in order to avoid the Terry Nutkins look.

I found it quite attractive which then went to devastatingly sexy when you mentioned you were a bizzie. 😉

hora
    Free Member

In the acid/dance era I had a permed bob to my shoulders then some wierd elvis thing. In 93 I was sick of the upkeep and went to a number2 and never looked back. I’m a man not a woman so tbh who cares?

Squidlord
    Free Member

Grade 1 or zero does look a bit rough. But my only other hair option is a look I would describe as “disgraced paedo monk”. Either way, I usually get compartments to myself on trains, so not all bad.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Does a number 1 hair cut look rough?’ is closed to new replies.