Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • do you dance?
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Son does.

Ballet mainly – gets quite a bit of stick at shool, mainly from the boys. The girls seem quite supportive – perhaps the other boys are a bit on the jealous side.

Doesn’t get it from me mind…..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Sir, I challenge you to a dance off!

😮

Ye, sir, are naught but a bounder and a cad, but I accept your challenge!

At Hit The North it shall be.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47gahDuOff8[/video]

And when I am done, the North Shall Tremble…

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Not if I can help it really. I used to happily drunkenly jump about at rock/metal clubs or gigs if you can call that dancing, but other than that I just don’t really know what to do with myself and end up shuffling about feeling a bit daft.

This is especially annoying at those stupid Irish-themed weddings they do with that barn dancing lark they do whatever it is called.

See, I don’t mind ceilidhs(?) maybe because you’re not out there on your own wondering what to do- I’ll have a go at those.

RustySpanner

I frug to car alarms.

I think it was something I ate.

We’re fracking trembing enough at the mo Elf, but we’ll give you a shout if we need you, ta.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I did once pole dance* with two (male) gay dancers in ‘Fudge’ gay bar in Leeds. They had just come back from a season in Ibeeefa and were mad as sticks. I think my friends were on the verge of walking out and leaving me to it.

*Not real pole dancing – just a pole in the bar that we pretended was a proper pole dancing pole.

I was very drunk.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Not as much as i used to, but yes.

40s/50s jive these days 🙂

wwaswas

Mastiles, earlier;

I was very drunk.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Do you know the old (younger, up all night) version of me was? 🙂

binners

There’s a gay bar in Leeds called Fudge? My brother-in-law nearly ended up in a gay night in that Laaaaahndon simply called “Cock”

He only knew this as he walked into what he thought was a standard boozer, when the bouncer casually inquired: “Are you here for Cock, sir?”

Solo
    Free Member

i fully suspect that having a mini-rave to myself listening to dirty drum and bass whilst she’s trying to do something important isnt the kinda dancing she’d love me to join her in!
    😆 😆

IATTQ.

Nope !.

I iz 42 yearsez old and aint dancin for nobody.
    😉

sweepy
    Free Member

One of my greatest regrets in life was crossing a Piazza in Venice in the early hours of the morning with a few drinks onboard. Just me and the wife and a busker with an accordion playing a tango. The wife wanted to dance and I didn’t. I wish I had.

thereby missing out on the blowie of your life later 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

thereby missing out on the blowie of your life later

Don’t be daft, we’re married.

binners

I think he may have been commenting on the prowess of Venetian prostitutes Harry

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Where’s me vid gone? 😕

Binners; me and me mates always got asked by bouncers if we were sure if we were at the right place, whenever we tried to get into some Gay club or other. 😀 We mustuv looked a bit too ‘straight’. Thing was, it were the Gay clubs which had the best soundz. And invariably, there would be loads of straight women in ’em too. The ‘Gay Scene’ was the most open, uninhibited (!) scene going, and you woon’t get any of that boozy macho bullshit you’d find in other clubs. Never a bad night out.

noteeth
    Free Member

I find it easier whilst wearing a hat, truth be known.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Found it! It was lurking on the ‘nuke Iran’ thread for some bizarre reason…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6fu2z0hc-w&feature=related[/video]

Noteeth; you’ve got to be careful wearing hats, as you can become overheated.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There’s a gay bar in Leeds called Fudge?

Apparently so – at least that is how I remember it. It was a while ago and alcohol was a close friend that night.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Venetian prostitutes

Is that a different take on glory holes?

avdave2

Is there anything worse than suddenly coming round to find yourself on the dance floor with no idea how you got there, how long you’ve been there, what the hell you might have been doing while there and realising you now need an escape route to the bar which will avoid catching anybody’s eye.

wrecker
    Free Member

I do, I’m proper rubbish though. Even my wife abandons me on the dance floor hoping I’ll stop. I don’t. I carrys on and likes it.

Bunnyhop

Dancing is ace, it’s such a good workout. Pity there aren’t any decent places to dance for the over 40’s.

I dance in the kitchen, in the shower, everywhere that a good tune is playing, can’t get enough.

jonnyrobertson

I’m the official unofficial celebrity transvestite robot groupie/dancer for the band Evil Scarecrow. I’m a proper bad dancer but dress me up as Slagbot (for the is ‘her’ name) and those same moves (including the Moonwalk, the Vegas Era Elvis, Woman Off Tales Of The Unexpected Titles, Woman Off Shake and Vac Advert) look like something that’d have ‘her’ winning Strictly Come Dancing.

Esme
    Free Member

“Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire”
    George Bernard Shaw

MrSparkle

Don’t be daft, we’re married.

He meant off the busker.

mboy
    Free Member

Dancing is to me, one of life’s great pleasures. And I don’t mean your extremely regimented ballroom dancing (though if it’s for you, fair enough), I just mean getting my groove on anywhere and everywhere any decent music is playing.

In a club, I’ve always been the one dragging my mates (always begrudgingly) to the dance floor, and I’m usually the last one off (as long as the music is half decent). But then that could explain why I’ve always had a good sense of rhythm, been a DJ for years and am now doing a music production degree… Perhaps! 😉

In all seriousness though, Elf I’m gonna try and get down to that London sometime soon, you are taking me out for a night of some serious boogie fella. I’ve not had a good dance in ages, all my local clubs just play cheesy shite all the time. I’m feeling the NEED you could say! Oh and in case anybody is wondering, no you don’t need booze or any other helpers to dance, just relax and let the music take you!

DON’T ever ask me to sing though… Couldn’t do it if my life depended on it!

CountZero

Not. A. Chance.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The Elf’s gonna take you to a place you’ve never bin before…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di9V30R8F6k&feature=related[/video]

emsz
    Free Member

it were the Gay clubs which had the best soundz.

this.

Off my face checking out all the girls that might…god i love all that. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    Northwind

Depends on how you define dancing. I’m pretty good at the pogo. And I have been known to slam, when the mood takes me. Occasionally I come out of retirement and teach the youngsters how to bang their heads.

Never seen any of these proper dance moves on Strictly though.

Harry_the_Spider

There’s dancing, and there’s The Mamushka!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw0IakmQri0[/video]

fasthaggis

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kr7djGY1fhA[/video]

my hero 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

errrr…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nTXNyY_97s[/video]

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

whenever I can. It’s a great thing to do, but just don’t get much chance these days.

It’s also a great vertical expression of a horizontal desire 😉

MrGreedy

binners – Member

You can stick the Samba up your ass.

That has the makings of a good terrace chant

Potentially very dangerous if misunderstood…

singletrackmind

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKQSEtl1NxY&feature=related[/video]
    Elfin throwin down some phat shapes 😀

tazzymtb

dance in a formal ballroom, latin stylee…No

soon sussed out an early age that the best place to meet lovely goth ladies was on the dance floor dancing to stuff that my mates thought was too girly….. they wondered why an ugly muggins like me managed to end up so much female interest 😀

so a tazzy mating dance to the sisters of mercy in a sea of dry ice and strobe lights Oh yes indeedy

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah I love it almost as much as MTBing.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I rave, I don’t dance.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

so why did I loose all sense of rhythm as I passed 50?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘do you dance?’ is closed to new replies.