Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • do you dance?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

i dont, i’m saving up all my dancing for when i’m a dad. most guys i know are pretty firm non-dancers.

do you dance? is it something you realised isnt actually that embarrassing as you got older (my dad learnt latin dancing after he got diagnosed with cancer)?

mrsconsequence used to dance professionally and has danced in west end etc, she doesnt like that i dont dance…. i fully suspect that having a mini-rave to myself listening to dirty drum and bass whilst she’s trying to do something important isnt the kinda dancing she’d love me to join her in!

nbt

are you asking?

I do, I’m not ashamed. and I don;t even have kids.

wwaswas

Only time I have ever danced is in HMV when with my 14 year old son.

He seems to have started buying all his music online, for some reason.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes, go clubbin’ on occasion with some mates their partners/wifes, MrsBouy and I rock out Us.

DezB
    Free Member

F%^ YEAH!
    You shoulda seen me down the front on Friday night!
    To this
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmSvUbm4R0o[/video]
    (Although that was the encore it was my least fave thing they did)

binners

Taught me everything I know! Well…. about dancing anyway. Oh…. and drugs too

coffeeking
    Free Member

No. Can’t stand it. I think it looks bloody stupid and I’ve no inclination to do it even though I don’t mind looking stupid. I’m usually the guy found propping up the bar chuckling at the wacky dancing going on around me, but each to his/her own.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m the current inter-county Wii Dancing Champion.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

It’s my surname but I don’t, therefore I should be called Steve Doesnotdance. 😐 No rhythm at all. Always thought I called dance to drum and bass but that was my deluded mind due to disco biscuits.

jon1973
    Free Member

No, not usually. When I dance it’s like I have both my feet nailed to the floor. I have no sense of rhythm. I was at a wedding over the weekend and flatly refused to get up and dance.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

since I turned 50 I lost all sense of rhythm. I used to be Ok but now? I can’t even do the dad dance 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No. Can’t stand it. I think it looks bloody stupid and I’ve no inclination to do it even though I don’t mind looking stupid. I’m usually the guy found propping up the bar chuckling at the wacky dancing going on around me, but each to his/her own.

Ah bless. Feel a bit left out cos the blokes what can dance get the ladies round them eh?

Diddums.

I’m a Champion Bogler, me. Proper good at dancin and that. Probbly one of the best dancers on here in fact. Especially enjoy the jealous looks of the boring uptight repressed blokes standing lonely at the bar who have no sense of rhythm….

rocketman
    Free Member

My 15-year old son does a very good impression of me ‘dancing’. Sort of like a cross between Wham! and Tavares but only very small movements 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I was at a wedding over the weekend and flatly refused to get up and dance.

I hate it when you are happily nursing a pint at a wedding and some stupid idiot takes it upon themselves to assume you are lonely and tries to drag you up to dance.

This is especially annoying at those stupid Irish-themed weddings they do with that barn dancing lark they do whatever it is called.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

binners – who is that confident looking feller in the picture? I like the cut of his jib!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Nah, I get embarrassed even trying to dance in an empty room.

Harris
    Free Member

Like no one’s watching….

philconsequence
    Free Member

elfin you little trouble starter, strolling into my thread trying to start fights with people who feel different from you! i dont dance but, and i’m guessing its down to my beautiful face, i’ve always been surrounded by laideez whilst my ‘dancing mates’ get laughed at by the girls sober enough to use their eyes 😛

jon1973
    Free Member

I hate it when you are happily nursing a pint at a wedding and some stupid idiot takes it upon themselves to assume you are lonely and tries to drag you up to dance.

I agree, the wife really should know better by now.

DezB
    Free Member

Ps. I (usually) need some beer first.

Duggan

Yeah. Let’s be honest, it’s brilliant.

And I feel sorry for anybody who thinks ‘dancing’= what happens at weddings or inbetween fights on a Saturday night down your local Roxy.

Good clubs, good music and dancing= ace.

DezB
    Free Member

This is especially annoying at those stupid Irish-themed weddings they do with that barn dancing lark they do whatever it is called

Kaylee or summink? That’s not dancin’, that’s running round in circles linking arms!

yossarian
    Free Member

Yep, only really like dancing to certain types of music though. Put on some funky psychedelic house/trance and I’m gone, solid gone. 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

elfin you little trouble starter, strolling into my thread trying to start fights with people who feel different from you!

😀

Had to be said though din’t it?

Actually I fancy a little dance right now as it goes…

(Puts Annie Mac mix on)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgCTzbMYKUQ[/video]

Gary_M
    Free Member

I dance at any opportunity, always have. When I used to go clubbing Me and my mates used to spend a lot of time on the dancefloor.

I’m usually the guy found propping up the bar chuckling at the wacky dancing going on around me, but each to his/her own

Nothing to laugh at, its just people having fun. You’re the one thats missing out.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

barnsleymitch – Member

binners – who is that confident looking feller in the picture? I like the cut of his jib!

Bez – the Happy Mondays “dancer”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bez_%28dancer%29

binners

Mitch – that is/was a role model for a generation. Worryingly, amongst me and my mates, that statement was actually true

tang
    Free Member

I danced ballet/contemporary till I was 17. My best mate went to Laban and then lived in NYC/Athens as a dancer. We were in the straight minority so lots of fun. Was very fit when I danced and a huge amount of time was spent developing ‘long’ muscles. Had some great times dancing with AMP and dv8.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Had to be said though din’t it?

<serious mode>not really, some people dont enjoy dancing and belittling them isnt a kind thing to do…. sometimes that disliking for dancing comes from a very deep psychological place born from a crushing low self esteem and often embarrassing moments as a child. not really fair to try and wind people up about it</serious mode>

lcj

I am a dancing legend*, so take every opportunity to throw some shapes.

* this view may only be held by the beer-affected version of me

Harry_the_Spider

Long story…

Back in 2004 I wanted to go skiing with my wife and a big group of mates and their wives. My wife wasn’t keen but said she would if : 1) I bought her a Helly Hanson ski jacket and 2) Signed up for a course of dancing lessons. I thought that was a fair deal as it was only for 10 weeks. We were still going 5 years later. 8-( Birth of second child put a stop to it.

Tango, Paso, Waltz and Cha-Cha are ace.
    Jive and Quickstep are good fun but for lighter people than me with better control and proper shoes.
    Rumba is bloody difficult.
    You can stick the Samba up your ass.
    The rest I forget.

One of my greatest regrets in life was crossing a Piazza in Venice in the early hours of the morning with a few drinks onboard. Just me and the wife and a busker with an accordion playing a tango. The wife wanted to dance and I didn’t. I wish I had.

So… yes I can dance. But I’m rubbish at it.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I loev a good dance… often need some form of encouragement though.

Harry_the_Spider

Probbly one of the best dancers on here in fact.

Sir, I challenge you to a dance off!

DezB
    Free Member

Phil’s right. My mate what I goes to gigs with doesn’t dance at all.
    Stands there nodding his head while bounce around all over the place. S’cool 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

I love dancing, I think people love my dancing too, they gets mesmerised!

I used to be a clubber & DJ, now my dancing is for parties/weddings and things, they don’t appreciate my style as much, bit still always get comments from the women… oh yea!
    Not sure if I’m remembered for the right reasons tho, but I have been told I got da moves! 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

<serious mode>not really, some people dont enjoy dancing and belittling them isnt a kind thing to do…. sometimes that disliking for dancing comes from a very deep psychological place born from a crushing low self esteem and often embarrassing moments as a child. not really fair to try and wind people up about it</serious mode>

😆

Bogle Dezzy, Bogle!!!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6zr6kCPj8&ob=av2e[/video]

Shuffelin, shuffelin…

binners

You can stick the Samba up your ass.

That has the makings of a good terrace chant 😉

Harry_the_Spider

My mate Jeff goes like a burning Tibettan monk when he’s had a drink or two. His antics to Sweet Child Of Mine on my stag do have become the stuff of legend.

Karinofnine

I love dancing, can’t help it, I dance anywhere if there’s music. I don’t think I’m any good, but I don’t care, I love it. 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

I am an orange and orange’s don’t dance. A snippet of infomation that has stayed with me since my ravey days.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘do you dance?’ is closed to new replies.