Home Forums Chat Forum DJI Neo drone, experiences

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DJI Neo drone, experiences
    iain1775
    Free Member

Anyone used one? Reviews seem pretty decent, for the price

just picked one up cheap, just the basic unit, the daughter mentioned the other day it would be cool to get some drone footage of her on her horse then this popped up cheap with its ‘following’ function so for £153 seemed worth a punt

wondering what it might be bike following a bike around, in the open probably as it’s a bit basic and docent have any collision avoidance

battery life is only 18 minutes so might have to get another battery in time, but for what I am likely to use it for am hoping to  get away with just the automatic flight modes and controlling with phone rather than forking out another £100+ for a controller

dudeofdoom

I’ve got one but tbh only had it following me around the garden so far, I’m in Spain and need to get a fireproof plate with my drone operators number on it(as it’s got a camera it even thou it’s sub 250g it needs the  operators number attached) .

Not sure how a horse would react to the noise it makes, they aren’t particularly quiet.

It’s not going to keep track of you unless your pootling and I think you’ll really need to use where there are definitely no people around as drone following you could be face level for an oncoming cyclists/walkerist.

Drones don’t make friends in Spain as the council uses them to keep an eye out for illegal builds and the locals get well twitchy :-)

I do like  it…

I plan on putting a usb charger on my quad and charge on the go, I’m planning on getting some good shots of me in the middle of nowhere going along a dusty trail.

iain1775
    Free Member

The noise was a consideration but fortunately the daughters horse is pretty passive and unfazed by most noises, will see how he reacts to it without her on him first

and yes I’m not likely to use it very often when I’m on the bike, but if I’m out with no one else around it might be worth a try

convert

Not sure I’d be putting a drone anywhere near a horse, especially with limited controller input. At a distance maybe…just depends how interesting you think that footage will be…. The Neo is essentially a selfie drone – seems well rated though. Flipping irritating noise mind – it’s small so less noisy than some bigger drones in terms of decibels but it’s a particularly annoying pitch.

retrorick

I bought a fly more neo kit.

To windy to use it today!

You would need someone to fly it manually with the remote to keep up with a bike.

richmars
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.