Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Di2 Yeti 575
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Not for me that one.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Huh? So CRC were the same price as Newbury?

apologies my post is rather garbled,

if you bought 2x satellite shifters, upper wiring loom, lower wiring loom, battery and charger from CRC

di2 handlebar set – £82
    di2 frame cable set – £119
    battery – £59
    charger £55

satellite shifters are about £75 a pop

so thats £450 all in, before the work to customise the shifters/handlebar loom

it cost me £500 shipped inc customs fees, i was just trying to compare prices saying it wasnt “that much” compared to buying it all seperate

tell the owner of moutain trax to get it online then, the more people post, the more shimano might sit up and take notice!

It’s a shame you’re limited to the 11-32 cassette too, rather misses the point of 10 speed on the MTB IMO.

ive run 1×10 or 1×9 or 1×8 for as long as i can remember, not sure it misses the point, ive got 1 more gear than i had before 10 speed was available,

flyingfox
    Free Member

Oh.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA 😆

Amos
    Free Member

I like the engineering behind it and the have a go sentiment but my god you’ve created a monster! I had a 575 and I loved the way it looked but that thing is stinging my eyes!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

only difference between mine and the other 99.9% out there is mine doesnt have fox forks, must have lost the memo in the shipping box that says “the internets says you have to use fox to be accepted”

😀

Amos
    Free Member

Clearly now write out 100 times: I must conform 🙂

toppers3933
    Free Member

interesting. take a nice frame, some nice parts, an interesting idea. put them together and what have you got? a f@$king awful bike. nice work. im all for not following the crowd, but there is a limit. and this has over shot it. by a long way.

Northwind

I think that’s completely horrible. But as long as it goes better than it looks it’s still a win.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

If it was a black frame maybe, and didn’t have those horrible pedals…
    Ps. LOVE the wheels! Di2 is sheer class too… Very brave build…

druidh
    Free Member

dirtyrider – Member
    only difference between mine and the other 99.9% out there is mine doesnt have fox forks, must have lost the memo in the shipping box that says “the internets says you have to use fox to be accepted”

Ah – this is like when your wife/SO asks “is my hair OK” or “does my bum look big in this” isn’t it?

scruzer
    Free Member

Hinze 57 or wot?

Houns

All the money spent on it and you ruin it with supersh*te pedals and green hubs? Other than that it’s not too bad

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ill put a nuke proof sticker on the pedals and chuck £60 in the bin if it makes you feel better 😉

Shandy
    Free Member

There is nothing going on there that a set of QR15 Floats couldn’t fix.

partypants
    Free Member

Some real whingers on here. I think it’s a great built. Front end looks a little high due to the fork but that’s all. Well done for building something a bit different and the results being an awesome bike at a really low weight.

And people moaning about Superstar pedals? Suckers…

kaesae
    Free Member

druidh – Member

dirtyrider – Member

Ah – this is like when your wife/SO asks “is my hair OK” or “does my bum look big in this” isn’t it?

Not quite, unless your reply is, you look like a kerb crawling minger and your ass is so fat, when you sit down, your chin wobbles!

Northwind

dirtyrider – Member

“ill put a nuke proof sticker on the pedals and chuck £60 in the bin if it makes you feel better”

You get a 😆 for that one, nicely put.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Not my cup ‘o tea, but if you like it who cares.

Sandwich

What is this place coming to? 59 posts and no one has mentioned that the fence needs re-treating!
    Interesting project mind.

chiefgrooveguru

If you don’t have anything positive to say… …then join STW and comment on new bike builds.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Di2 Yeti 575’ is closed to new replies.