Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • This place……
  • I posted a link to one of my threads on here elsewhere.

The point of this was not to emphasise anything said by anyone on STW, but merely to link to the points I raised.

However, despite a resounding agreement with my case in point (which co-incidentally I didn’t get on here), the general reply seemed to be based around a concensus that this forum contains a bunch of bloody miserable buggers.

That is all.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You told mumsnet on us?

lipseal
    Free Member

here here 🙁 and hum bug

brakes
    Free Member

WGAF?

lipseal
    Free Member

^ 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

Heh STR too right.

I wish mleh was busier. 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

uhuh. Didn’t we ascertain quite some time ago that STW forums are populated mostly by sociopathic under-achievers?

I know I’m one.

tazzymtb

this forum contains a bunch of bloody miserable buggers.

funnily enough I was thinking the same. Some of the forum lurkers I know are scared to post anything because they fear it’ll just turn into a half arsed political bun fight or general grump fest. If it wasn’t for some of jolly idiots on here like TSY, philconsequence, C_G the KON mob and even elfinjobby I’d have buggered off ages ago.

Hohum
    Free Member

Not everyone.

I feel quite happy on my SJW 🙂

Sad if you feel that way about an internet forum and let it affect your overall well-being though.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah everyone here apart from a select few are (or seem to be) really miserable and just complain about anything and everything. Like I’m doing right now 😆

Hohum
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member
    this forum contains a bunch of bloody miserable buggers.
    funnily enough I was thinking the same. Some of the forum lurkers I know are scared to post anything because they fear it’ll just turn into a half arsed political bun fight or general grump fest. If it wasn’t for some of jolly idiots on here like TSY, philconsequence, C_G the KON mob and even elfinjobby I’d have buggered off ages ago.

Do you really feel that way chap?

Honestly?

samuri
    Free Member

If it wasn’t for some of jolly idiots on here like TSY, philconsequence, C_G the KON mob and even elfinjobby

But Fred is one of the biggest and most miserable complainers on here…By his own admission.

tazzymtb

ho-hum

yep suffering some serious stuff at the moment and some light hearted non-cancer or depression related banter helps like you wouldn’t believe. Seeing a load of folks just tear into each other over trivial stuff really doesn’t help.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gahhhh – you got me feeling all guilty now

*sniffs*
    think I’ll go and eat worms

Hohum
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member
    ho-hum

yep suffering some serious stuff at the moment and some light hearted non-cancer or depression related banter helps like you wouldn’t believe. Seeing a load of folks just tear into each other over trivial stuff really doesn’t help.

I know where you are coming from to be honest.

I mostly enjoy coming here and can thankfully separate the chaff from the wheat, ken 😉

I would love to get some work again soon so that I can keep my mind busy.

I wonder if the stuff going on here is a cyclical thing?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How about if I do a song and dance act?

nickc

The threads where the usual suspects just slag each other off are tedious odious piles of toss TBH, but like Tazzy, I’m here for the other side that is irreverent fun, and lighthearted.

You can though, with some practice, spot the dull threads though, waaay before they get out of hand.

philconsequence
    Free Member

this place is awesome, you just gotta know how to play well with others 🙂

(much like real life)

to prove how awesome, here’s a photo of me riding a shark:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You can though, with some practice, spot the dull threads though, waaay before they get out of hand.

I need to practise more then. I opened this one.

wwaswas

How about if I do a song and dance act?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But Fred is one of the biggest and most miserable complainers on here…By his own admission.

Really? How on Earth d’you work that one out? 😕

I’m a little ray of happy sunshine in an otherwise dark pit of despair, me. 😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

Onzadog
    Free Member

There are some cats mixed in with those unicorns. If they were ordered online, they could actually be dogs not under control. I’m telling the mods. This is totally unacceptable.

luked2
    Free Member

the general reply seemed to be based around a concensus that this forum contains a bunch of bloody miserable buggers.

Doesn’t exercising release endorphins or some such?

Is everyone just getting withdrawal symptoms from not having been out on a bike ride and getting tetchy and grumpy?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Tazzzzzy! You flipping cuttlefish! Who are you calling an idiot?! Eh?! I take my work here very seriously… very seriously indeed!

*Burns Tazzy’s xmas card {I even sprayed some aftershave in it}*

IanMunro
    Free Member

Even if you did get the cat’s they’d go and shit in peoples gardens, which is also completely unacceptable.
    And don’t get me started on the tossers who think that fairy horses are perfectly acceptable on bridleways. I nearly got taken out by one of those flapping wings.

Sandwich

Ah so that’s who sent the whiffy card. Where did you find Hai Karate? The dog wouldn’t chew that one when it came through the door but he did whimper!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

There’s someone in my head but it’s not me.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ian, you think the wings are dangerous? Isn’t that bloody great spike on the front an offensive weapon? Isn’t there a law against such things on bridalways? Should I inform the police or the local row officer?

Or is it okay if the fit a bell to it?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i get fed up with people riding unicorns that are too good for them, they ride them too slow and get in my way when i’m riding mine to the power of surf_mat. they dont deserve to own such nice unicorns and i can only assume they work in IT.

and dont get me started on CRC/wiggle, they sold me some grip tape that was too short for my unicorns spike.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I was thinking of getting a new dandy unicorn for Christmas, but I can’t decide what colour to go for. I was thinking pastel pink or powder blue maybe. White’s really pretty too but might not show up against the Christmas day snow.
    What’s your favourite dandy unicorn colour and why?

wwaswas

I thought only virgins could ride unicorns?

[eidt, sorry this is stw – ignore me]

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Black. Super gnar. Extra trick with gun metal components on it.

rOcKeTdOg

i think you lot worry too much, think less, ride more. simple innit

Onzadog
    Free Member

Someone told me red ones are faster. Is this true?

philconsequence
    Free Member

spending 900pounds on new horseshoes will make you a better rider.

just dont spray them with a jetwash, it’ll knock the grease out of their bearings 8O…. nobody likes an impotent unicorn!

earbyphil
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2NfIQAhwQ4[/video]
    Song and dance? try this. It’s even got a bike in it!

_tom_
    Free Member

This turned into a good thread 😆

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

to prove how awesome, here’s a photo of me riding a shark:

No way! Was that before you jumped it?

woffle
    Free Member

just dont spray them with a jetwash, it’ll knock the grease out of their bearings 8O…. nobody likes an impotent unicorn!

Couldn’t disagree more, I’ve been washing mine with fairy liquid and my Karcher for months now and the bearings are still silky smooth…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘This place……’ is closed to new replies.