• This topic has 312 replies, 142 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by pondo.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 313 total)
  • Details in films that bug you
  • theotherjonv

any sports film with live action sequences….. unless they’ve managed to cut in real footage.

But particularly goalkeepers diving out of the way of a ball! Just tell them to try and save it and keep filming until they don’t!!

martinhutch

Fake rain on an obviously sunny day.

funkmasterp

CSI and others of that ilk with all the bullshit technology. Episode one should be crime scene and taking samples. Episode two lab work (or whatever is actually done) with samples. Next six episodes is just cops waiting around drinking coffee, snacking and asking when the results will come in. Episode nine, results come back as inconclusive.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Recoilless guns.

Thy actually talk about the weapon “yeah this is the Desert Eagle 50AE” then they fire off a mag and apart from the slide, the gun doesn’t move.

At least Clint raised his arm when he fired his Mod. 29 .44 Magnum.

mattyfez

Recoilless guns.

Arnie in comando, fully automatic assault rifles, shooting from the hip.. one in each hand, no problemo!

OK he’s a strong guy but hahaha, that’s part of what makes that film a classic though, it’s completely ludicrous 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I saw Fast and Furious Calvin & Hobbs last night. Trying to find the non detail annoying bits.

wordnumb
    Free Member

All this talk of guns reminds me of a story from a few years back. New York cop chasing down a guy who just robbed a store, the guy has a gun, he turns and shoots the cop just like in the movies. Gun jams, because the guy held it sideways to look gangster. I suspect that detail still bugs him today.

hols2
    Free Member

To be fair, it must be a pretty shitty gun if it jams when you hold it sideways.

Harry_the_Spider

The burning Spitfire at the end of Dunkirk*. Obviously a Spitfire shaped frame with plywood over it. The engine appears to have been replaced with a broom handle to hold the prop on.

*Actually lots of shots in Dunkirk. There appeared to be only 200 guys on the beach, 3 Spitfires, 3 Luftwaffe and 6 boats. Also the 109s that clearly weren’t.

Not saying that they should have torched a real Spitfire, but a bit of CGI wouldn’t have gone amiss.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Cars, either wheel spinning on acceleration or skidding under braking, FFS why have you turned the ABS and traction control off?

mattyfez

Cars, either wheel spinning on acceleration or skidding under braking, FFS why have you turned the ABS and traction control off?

I see cars getting a bit of wheel spin all the time from standing starts, but thats because most people buy the cheapest possible tires they can find, and don’t understand how the acceleration pedal works.
    So it is factually accurate, If for the wrong reasons.

alanw2007

Large and lumbering 4x4s and lorries able to keep pace easily with Ferraris and sports motorcycles always bugs me to to a distracting extent during chase scenes.

revs1972
    Free Member

Subscriber
    I know that the Bond franchise has its own sound stage at pinewood… and that it can be filled with water. Thats no reason for every big action scene in every bond movie to be in a space thats exactly the same size and shape and always have water in it

Actually ,apart from being able to fill it with water, none of the rest of that statement is correct.

MSP

Action movies with female heroes where the fight scenes defy the laws of physics ie, a 5 stone women can punch a 15 stone man across a room. And any fight scenes against multiple opponents where the individual protagonist doesn’t receive the death of a thousand adidas.

Kuco

To be fair, it must be a pretty shitty gun if it jams when you hold it sideways.

That’s why if you see anyone trained to actually shoot a weapon never holds it sideways.

Klunk
    Free Member

MI 1 why does the villain think it’s a good idea to get off the train and onto a helicopter being dragged down a 22 mile tunnel by that train?

DezB
    Free Member

Action movies

Yep.

theotherjonv

At least Clint raised his arm when he fired his Mod. 29 .44 Magnum.

it is the most powerful handgun in the world

Edukator
    Free Member

Films about specific places filmed eleswhere. The first Bastogne film was ace, the second with Telly Salvalas was filmed with the wrong tanks in a desert. The Compostelle films where they aren’t walking on St James Way.

Things being noisy in space.

meeeee
    Free Member

Most explosions in films now annoy me, they don’t just have flames, but stupid bits whizzing out with sparks as if whatever was blown up was filled with bits of fireworks

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Not so much these days but in the 70s/80s there were only two kinds of injury that could be sustained in a car crash:

a: A graze on your temple which meant you were going to be fine and just needed to dust yourself down and get on with it

b: A trickle of blood from your ear which meant you were either dying or already dead

Made me laugh out loud. Thanks.

bikebouy
    Free Member

This bloke, I mean this particular action sequence..

In

Every

Bloody

Film

He’s

In

senorj

I’ve always presumed it helps the lighting(?) but night scenes, especially Hollywood ones, they always wet the floor. Even when it obviously hasn’t been raining . Why?

tjagain

Edukator

Films about specific places filmed eleswhere.

Most of trainspotting was filmed in Glasgow – to anyone who knows the cities this was obvious.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Being an out and out nerd, whilst watching Independence Day i was amazed to see that the Aliens had alsodeveloped a network protocol exactly the same as TCP/IP which enabled the U.S Army to conveniently drop a virus into their systems…..as if this wasn’t obvious to the audience they reinforced the fact with a convenient progress bar that said ‘Uploading Virus’!!

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Another one is tupid bleeping noises when somene is doing work on a PC like zooming in on CCTV for example! Why would any developer ever do this…..in reality can you imagine the amount of noise in an office with all this stupid bleeping?!?! 🙂

muddyground
    Free Member

Stooge: We need some of your blood to save the entire world!

Hero: ok, I’ll just draw this massive Bowie knife, I just happen to have, across the palm of my hand!

Stooge: A pinprick would have been fine. How come it’s healed already when all you did was put a strip of dirty cloth onto it?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m no computer hacker, but I’m pretty sure computer hacking is boring looking lines of code rather than high end graphics more suited to an arcade game.

spekkie
    Free Member

Whenever anyone flies anywhere, the plane you see taking off is never the same plane as the one you see landing.

So actually they’re just showing you what “taking off” and “coming in to land” look like, in case when the person says “I flew here” you have no idea what that entails.

tjagain

When a patient is in ICU / on a heart monitor they always have the machine that goes “beep beep” In real life we turn the sound off as its very annoying. There is an alarm if they guys heart stops!

Kuco

Onzadog your comment reminded me of this.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

it is the most powerful handgun in the world

Not even close.

Have a gander at the Pfeifer Zeliska .600 Nitro Express revolver.

nickc

There appeared to be only 200 guys on the beach

That criticism has been levelled at Nolan before, and at least he did his homework…

theotherjonv

Not even close.

Have a gander at the Pfeifer Zeliska .600 Nitro Express revolver.

Not my claim; you need to speak to inspector Callahan about that

gobuchul
    Free Member

Pfeifer Zeliska .600 Nitro Express revolver.

What is the point of that thing?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

any sports film with live action sequences….. unless they’ve managed to cut in real footage.

But particularly goalkeepers diving out of the way of a ball! Just tell them to try and save it and keep filming until they don’t!!

Post ride pint in the pub had Escape to Victory on CH4 in the background with the sound off. Didn’t look as bad as I remembered it.

theotherjonv

What is the point of that thing?

Blowing people’s heads CLEAN OFF, if they’re unlucky

hols2
    Free Member

When the hero forgets the point of why he got involved in the first place. For example, John Wick. Theon Greyjoy killed his puppy and stole his car, so he decided to set things right. Killing the bad guys was sensible, then he got a new puppy, but he never actually bothered to get his car back. WTF?

Klunk
    Free Member

but he never actually bothered to get his car back. WTF?

*spoiler*

not seen 3 yet then ?

*spoiler*

gobuchul
    Free Member

Blowing people’s heads CLEAN OFF

Only if they sit down on a chair or something near a support for the gun.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 313 total)

The topic ‘Details in films that bug you’ is closed to new replies.