Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)
  • Dennis has arrived.
  • stumpyjon

Wind has picked up, it’s lashing down and not due to stop until midday tomorrow. For those in the valley bottoms my heart goes out to you, it’s not looking good for Calderdale and Rossendale again.

scotroutes

My planned trip to Lewis is now cancelled as the ferry has berthed for the day and is subject to further cancellations over the next couple of days

molgrips
    Free Member

Just raining here in Cardiff, and a bit windy. Biking is probably off the agenda.

nickc

well, it’s surprisingly both neither particularly windy or rainy in Calderdale…Yet. I’m pretty sure I’m going to be bailing out later though.

Drac

A bit of a hooly here.

nickthegreek
    Free Member

Getting a tad breezy and moist in Earby.

scotroutes

I’m pretty sure I’m going to be bailing out later though.

Literally or figuratively?

longdog
    Free Member

Fine drying day in Shetland 😉

eviljoe
    Free Member

Getting it full in the face here on the edge of Dartmoor. Of course living on top of a large hill facing SW doesn’t help.

Power failed at 11pm, Western Power were up a telegraph pole in the field fixing it by midnight, and it came back on a 2am- top blokes.

Both roads down are liable to flooding, so we shall see what the day brings

ElShalimo

@nickc – business as usual earlier in HX4. On the train to Manchester now…. The rain is definitely coming your way. ☹️

Stay safe everyone!

Projected River level in HB looks bad but hopefully not as bad as last week. Fingers crossed for everyone in the Calder Valley

https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/station/8097

maccruiskeen

My planned trip to Lewis is now cancelled as the ferry has berthed for the day and is subject to further cancellations over the next couple of days

Theres some entertaining footage of the Arran ferry at Ardrossan. Putting the Roll into roll on roll off.

chakaping
    Free Member

Intermittently hammering it down in Lancs. Squeezed a soggy 10km run in this morning but probably staying in rest of day. Starting to see a few gusts, due to get higher later.

Neighbour replaced fence panels midweek, why oh why didn’t they wait until Monday?

houndlegs
    Free Member

Where could I go around Exeter area to watch big waves in this storm?

boomerlives
    Free Member

Rossendale? Kids have been skiing this morning and it’s just ‘a bit wet’

I came down from Cragg Quarry yesterday afternoon and i was blown all over the place. It’s not that bad here just yet.

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC managed to get across the Channel last night before it got too bad 🤞

jam-bo

West Devon and I don’t think it’s stopped raining since about midday yesterday. Nothing unusual there but it’s a bit heavier than usual…

Klunk
    Free Member

doesn’t help watching the tour de provence on gcn racing channel, weather looked glorious yesterday grrrr! Let’s hope they get it rough up Ventoux today 😉

johnners
    Free Member

Where could I go around Exeter area to watch big waves in this storm?

Somewhere on the coast would be my recommendation.

jam-bo

Exeter quays probably…

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Judging by the amount of shingle on the seafront shown on Spotlight last night – Sidmouth.

Pics at home 30 minutes apart. Doesn’t look much yet but I think next door may have a problem. They only moved in recently and I’m not sure how much they know about the flood risk. Will keep an eye on things…

null
    null

nickc

Literally or figuratively?

I’m expecting to be mopping a few bucket loads off the ground floor tomorrow.

binners

It’s absolutely bloody wild up in’t lakes. Absolutely hauling it down and blowing an absolute hooley

The plan was to go out walking. Not a chance! 😳

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Wet and windy in Oxfordshire and forecast to get worse.
    I’m sorting out my inshore gear for a walk to the pub in the next village.

nickc

**** hell look that that ferry!!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Another 35 minutes or so:
    null

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

‘Tumescent in anticipation’…

singletrackmind

Was sunny in hants this morning and dry. Road ride before rain sets in I say to myself
    Step out of the front door and it’s a gales f8
    Put road bike in car and drive 30 mins to put in some hill reps away from the coast, roads damp but fine. Managed 5 before the heavens opened and the going back down became risky business. Then had a coffee and had to listen to all the cliche cycling balls that tards spout, pavement s, red lights, headphones,
    I wonder if it wasn’t deliberate and aimed at me to get a rise, asswipes

jimdubleyou

All the Crown Estate forests and parks near me are shut.

ahsat

Not that bad near Leeds airport at the moment. Wind has started to pick up since I went out at 10 am to go to the gym, but rain so far has just been on and off normal winter.

Still glad we managed to grab an hour on the cx bikes yesterday afternoon, as though it’s not as bad as expected (yet) I wouldn’t be out on the bike. Saw one guy out and it looked pretty grim.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Just in time for our wedding this weekend! Down near Dartmoor, the roads are like rivers.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Luckily finished delivery super early before the wind picked up and the rain began. Put some marketing carp in the frame ready for Monday and things were certainly interesting cycling home 30-odd minutes later, gusty winds couldn’t decide which way to blow and rain getting heavier by the minute!

So glad I’ve been home for almost two hours, it’s been awful outdoors for at least an hour up near the top of the SO18 Hill.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Damp and breezy here on the Sarf Coast near Eastbourne.  It’s not really arrived yet.  The sea was rough and when we were down on the beach at low tide earlier.  Birling Gap beach is closed as there have been numerous cliff falls this week.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Massive Orange cock and balls over Wales courtesy of Dennis

Wales online Linky

crazy-legs

I drove to the supermarket quite early this morning and, heading out up the road was a small group of roadies, presumably thinking “we’ll head out early, before it gets too bad”.

Driving back maybe an hour later and the same group was coming back down the road, absolutely drenched. It had started raining heavily as I arrived at the shops and they’d been caught in the full blast of it. Poor folk, they looked properly miserable.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Just in time for our wedding this weekend! Down near Dartmoor, the roads are like rivers.

You have my sympathy! Just off the edge of Dartmoor here…

null

pondo

Flying out of Heathrow tomorrow and was a bit worried, but the posts on here kind of put it into perspective…

reluctantjumper

Just lots of water about here in Cardiff still, no sign of any damage from winds. If anything it’s getting calmer! Forecast for tomorrow is worse though.

MoreCashThanDash

Interesting that they seem to have the army on standby already. Not sure they can hold back the rivers, but it avoids the Fishlake PR disaster when they weren’t around

mashr

Flightradar24 has been great viewing today. 3hrs for EasyJet to get from Luton to Stanstead….. unfortunately they were aiming for Inverness (gave up after the second attempt at landing)

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Hee-haw in Edinburgh

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Dennis has arrived.’ is closed to new replies.