Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)
  • Dennis has arrived.
  • maccruiskeen

The very directional rain means I now know it’s time to rewax the elbows of my waxed jacket

matt_outandabout

**** hell look that that ferry!!

I had a staff member worried about getting off Isle of Gigha yesterday. Apparently the forecast was easing, they loaded the ferry, headed out then wouldn’t / couldn’t get alongside to offload back on mainland for over half an hour….

mashr

yourguitarhero

Hee-haw in Edinburgh

The flight from Manchester that did a go-around says otherwise

greentricky
    Free Member

Flightradar24 has been great viewing today. 3hrs for EasyJet to get from Luton to Stanstead….. unfortunately they were aiming for Inverness (gave up after the second attempt at landing)

This compilation from last weekend is great:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JARNXVXJ1Dk

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Nothing like as bad this weekend in Shropshire, last weekend was much worse

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Calmed down again here now.

mogrim

Lovely and sunny all day here in Madrid, t-shirt weather in fact. I had a lovely BBQ 😀

whitestone
    Free Member

Today has been a bit windy and not too heavy rain (Skipton area) but about an hour ago it got quite a bit nastier.

Quick edit: I think we are just entering hoolie mode!

jam-bo

https://www.dartcom.co.uk/weather

Still raining. >80mm in the last two days and no sign of letting up.

StuE
    Free Member

Wasn’t too bad at Dalby this morning,high winds and heavy rain up near Leeds/Bradford airport now

ratherbeintobago

It’s minging out there (Rochdale) – dark, wet and howling wind.

Is Storm Ellen a thing yet?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Getting windy and horrible outside now, wood burner on, chicken Zorba for tea.

eviljoe
    Free Member

It’s certainly more Dennis Hopper than Dennis Thatcher round here.

Just made it through the local floods ( at about 600ft above sea level, thanks Devon clay..) wouldn’t have liked to try on an hour’s time, there was certainly a bow wave…

MoreCashThanDash

Some speculation Storm Ellen might be the end of next week. That was on a weather related group, not the Express

Twodogs

local floods ( at about 600ft above sea level

Wow..that’s some serious flooding!

ratherbeintobago

Some speculation Storm Ellen might be the end of next week.

Just in time for our half term…

tthew

Well it’s been lovely here today, (Vienna). Not looking forward to landing in Manchester mid afrernoon tomorrow however. 🥴

h4muf
    Free Member

Typical, trying to board the ferry to Arran on Monday afternoon 😂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Was running carnethy 5 hill race today, was flippin mental at the top of scald law and west kip, seriously felt for the Marshalls, I was only put in to for 90 mins, and kept warm, they must’ve been bloody Baltic.

sadexpunk

Well it’s been lovely here today, (Vienna). Not looking forward to landing in Manchester mid afrernoon tomorrow however. 🥴

same, beautiful today, but rome/stansted tomorrow…..

jerseychaz

Its been Gale 8 gusting to 10 here in Lymington all afternoon and I have to ride home from work in an hour….rain is pretty fierce as well 🙂

eviljoe
    Free Member

Wow..that’s some serious flooding

Devon sunken lanes mean that even on a high ridge road water can’t run away anywhere

ThePinkster

Spent the day on a pub crawl around Manchester, had the occasional windy bits but nowhere near the rain I was expecting. Was even in an admittedly damp but not raining pub garden (the Marble Arch of anyone is interested) for a while.

binners

Is it still full of posties? Usually is.

singletrackmind

Well my idiot neighbour who forced the scaffold ers to put a tin roof and wrap the erection in plastic is now paying for the pleasure

Last weekend ripped loads of the plastic to shreds early this evening the builders were desperately trying to make the bungalow weather proof with tarps as the roof is off

It’s in complete darkness now so I am guessing the power is off as they had water running down the internal walls

Who plans roof off extensions in February, 50m from the sea. Div.

And forecast is for. 60kn tomorrow and its been 45kn today, still he gets off using my drive without asking, ditto the builders so I have no sympathy

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Wind ramping up here on the Sarf Coast after a brief lull as we’ve had Mrs M’s mate round with the perpetual motion mouth, so even Storm Dennis couldn’t get a gust in edgewise whilst she was here, but he’s making up for lost time now she’s gone.

dantsw13

Not been flying today, but I’m in tomorrow when it’s due to be bad again. Was airport was that video compilation? The video states max 28 kts, but it looks much worse.

santacoops
    Free Member

I’m a bit disappointed i listened to the forecast, I had a weekend booked to Exmoor. Probably bad there at the moment to be fair but in Bristol it seems pedestrian. Appreciate others may be feeling it real though.

doordonot
    Free Member

Roof tiles are rattling and clattering disconcertingly loudly here in the Stroud Alps. The wind is gusting quite enthusiastically.

reluctantjumper

Just got off the phone with my mum in Crickhowell, they’ve had to move the car to higher ground as the lane is a river! The town’s cut off due to high River levels, which is pretty normal but the worrying thing is their cellar is filling up rather rapidly. They have a pump in there that usually copes with any flow into it (house is built on an old pond so water in there is normal when the river is in the fields but it normally comes in at roughly a foot every 3 hours) and can clear a foot of water every 30 mins or so but even with it going flat out it’s rising roughly a foot an hour. Neither of them are in a fit state to go down and check it so their neighbour is checking it for them, no way I could get into town if I tried!

Cardiff is just very wet and windy in comparison!

reluctantjumper

Correction on all of that, water is now in the house! Their power is off and the lane is backing up rapidly, that means the storm drains have failed. The whole street is helping them to evacuate with all the others that are lower than them. Nothing I can do right now so bizarrely I’ll be going to work in an hour while they get to safety!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

RJ that sounds rubbish, hope your parents are OK, good to ser the community helping out.

molgrips
    Free Member

Commiserations to RJ and his family. Red weather warning now for SE Wales.

weeksy

Our fence didn’t survive. Mrs Weeksy spike to next door about it yesterday actually as it’s his responsibility. I don’t know whether she’ll be happy or troubled, but it does at least bring an answer to “you think that fence will be ok?”

welshfarmer

Crickhowell looks proper bad, they have been rescuing people with the helicopter this morning. The whole of the Usk Valley and the South Wales Valleys are having a hard time of it. We are cut off but if I needed to the Landrover would not be worried about the flood on the road here. it’s only about 2 feet deep and always floods there. Supposed to be driving to Scotland tomorrow for a mates funeral. That trip is looking interesting!

jam-bo

Dennis seems to have finally run out of rain here.

scotroutes

Fresh snowfall this morning.

spawnofyorkshire

Flashing has leaked on one of my chimneys. Annoying and I’ll have to fork out to repair, but in the scheme of things it’s not too bad.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Our road is closed due to flooding. Lots of cars not trusting the signs and taking a closer look but no one has attempted it yet. The two cars that were stranded there earlier this morning have now been removed. It’s entirely a drainage issue as it always floods in exactly the same spot, we’re probably a metre lower than the road but never have an issue.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Dennis has arrived.’ is closed to new replies.