• This topic has 254 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 255 total)
  • Dating tips for a middle aged man – please!
  • cinnamon_girl

😆

colonelwax
    Free Member

Another was a diabetic that injected herself during dinner in a busy restaurant!

They do have a habit of doing that, it’s like they don’t want to end up going blind, having bits amputated, and you know, dying and that.
    🙄

andysbeans
    Free Member

Lol Shibboleth…maybe its the aftershave?!

And Cinnamon girl, do you know why he got a load of flack? Surely as a woman who loves a bit of MTB action you (as in a woman, not actually you) would be sensible enough to predict the dynamic of the day and bask in the ego boost of it all? 😛

Shibboleth
    Free Member

They do have a habit of doing that, it’s like they don’t want to end up going blind, having bits amputated, and you know, dying and that.

She didn’t have to do it in a busy restaurant, especially after I’d told her I couldn’t even watch Holby City due to my fear of needles.

It’s like those militant breast feeders. Yeah, we know you have to do it, and you have every right to do it anywhere, but really??? Do you really have to do it whilst people are trying to eat???

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Surely as a woman who loves a bit of MTB action you (as in a woman, not actually you) would be sensible enough to predict the dynamic of the day and bask in the ego boost of it all?

In a bid to avoid a repeat of that “dynamic”, I’m more than happy to take both Andysbeans and Cinnamon Girl for a ride round the Lancashire Pennines…

andysbeans
    Free Member

But its ok for guys to get their todgers out in front of a load of complete strangers in order to pee? Albiet in general nobody would be eating around you (hopefully!) but I find that a little bizarre.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Is it? I’d always turn slightly to preserve my modesty… And certainly wouldn’t dream of doing it in mixed company.

Having said that, I did try one of those public urinals in Picadilly Gardens… Quite liberating it was too! 😳

Moses

She didn’t have to do it in a busy restaurant, especially after I’d told her I couldn’t even watch Holby City due to my fear of needles.

It’s like those militant breast feeders. Yeah, we know you have to do it, and you have every right to do it anywhere, but really??? Do you really have to do it whilst people are trying to eat???

Now we know why you’re still single.
    Yes, diabetics have to inject when their insulin levels drop. What do you suggest she does, drop into a fit so you can continue to be squeamish?

As for breast-feeding – why not? Feeding is what adults do in a restaurant, why not babies? Babies’ hunger is not subject to standard dining hours. If it needs food, it gets food.

Somehow I suspect you’re either not a father, or are somewhat repressed.

🙂

allthegear
    Free Member

I was lead to believe there was a whole etiquette to using the urinals, so as to avoid having to stare at each other’s todgers?

(bit of an edit there to sort out some Lion induced – mad auto-correction…)

Rachel

jojoA1
    Free Member

It’s like those militant breast feeders. Yeah, we know you have to do it, and you have every right to do it anywhere, but really??? Do you really have to do it whilst people are trying to eat?

Eat? Isn’t that what the baby is doing? Would you like it if people found the manner in which you ate so offensive they expected you to do it in the toilets? Tit. Literally.

andysbeans
    Free Member

Thats my point Rachel, nobody has to look at breast feeding women either. Peeing and breast feeding are 2 of the most natural things a person can do…I’m sure some women pee and breast feed at the same time and if they do that in public whilst eating and injecting insulin into their brains they’ve probably been on a date with Shibboleth!!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Jojo, until you can learn to detect sarcasm, I’d keep your insults to yourself. 🙄

thejesmonddingo

So there we have it,the single man of a certain age,in search of a woman,should avoid breastfeeding in public,and learn to pee in public.Or am I missing something?

cinnamon_girl

It would be interesting to hear from the folk that went on the social networking forum ride … anyone care to comment?

thejesmonddingo

Perhaps they’re all too loved up to waste time on here,unlike the rest of us.

andysbeans
    Free Member

No, you’re spot on thejesmonddingo…after all it is Friday night 😆

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Awww, I love happy endings Jesmonddingo! 🙂

jojoA1
    Free Member

Shibbeth, my apologies. Sarcasm doesn’t translate well in text… And you forgot a winky… Sorry! Breastfeeding being seen as somehow unnatural is one of the few things that makes me see red 🙂

andysbeans
    Free Member

Shibboleth, I detect you are being slightly misunderstood, it happens to me all the fxxking time!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Quite alright jojo, I’ll wink in future… 😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

andysbeans – Member

Shibboleth, I detect you are being slightly misunderstood, it happens to me all the fxxking time!

What do you mean?

[edit, sorry… 😉 ]

andysbeans
    Free Member

With your breastfeeding comment man, keep up! 🙄 😉

thejesmonddingo

Funnily enough,my wife breastfed our son in public as needed,no negative comments,you don’t have to flash your tits,so why does anyone object to one of the most natural things in the world? I suspect the objectors are repressed,and looking for a sexual implication that isn’t there.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Erm… Misunderstood… What do you… Oh never mind 😉

I’m off to watch Corrie and drink a lonely bottle of wine… 🙁

jojoA1
    Free Member

“Erm… Misunderstood… What do you… Oh never mind
    I’m off to watch Corrie and drink a lonely bottle of wine…”

Lonely?… Middle aged perhaps? …You should try a dating site!

*winky*

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Middle aged??? Nooo… I don’t think so, is mid-thirties middle-aged??

Harrumph.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Can someone organise another singles ride? I quite like the idea of being chased by 200 men? 😀

Ah, actually I’ve just spotted a flaw in that plan – I’m so slow on a bike I’d be chasing the men 😳

andysbeans
    Free Member

Gotcha shibboleth…eventually…. 💡

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Why don’t ‘we’ just organise one? Do we need a scapegoat when it ends as badly as I predict?

andysbeans
    Free Member

Are you who I think you are lady Gresley? (JJ?)

andysbeans
    Free Member

Just come on the bogtrotters ride tomorrow. 6 or 7 women attending and about the same in men. Yorkshire Dales

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Ah, I already have plans tomorrow. The trotters ride round my neck of the woods quite often, I’m north of Preston, Trough of Bowland area.

Where’s the ride? Aren’t they mostly from my area?

mboy
    Free Member

Some years ago there was a STW singletons social networking ride organised. I seem to remember that the organisor came in for a lot of flak.

It would be interesting to hear from the folk that went on the social networking forum ride … anyone care to comment?

Hehehe. At least one phone number was swapped that day CG, don’t fear, it wasn’t all in vain! 😉

Didn’t end up going anywhere mind, did meet up for one date and a (bike) ride, but that was it…

andysbeans
    Free Member

Yeh they are and they usually ride near the lakes but tomorrow they’ve changed direction starting from Airton, Mastiles and the rest I can’t remember. £2 to join them, what a ripoff 😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

£2?? Bargain. My Tuesday night group costs a tenner a week… But I get a slap-up feed and 2 pints of finest ale for that…

It’s the only decent meal I get most weeks… 😥

andysbeans
    Free Member

Hmmm, maybe you should stop watching corrie and start learning to cook, women like a man who can cook 8)

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I can cook… Should I put that on my POF profile? 🙂

lowey

My efforts at sorting out a date are seriously hampered by the fact that I have my kids every weekend. Put paid to all day mountain biking too, but its a price worth paying 🙂

supertramp
    Free Member

Keep it coming I’m making notes- on a first date:

-no weeing in front of her.

-no injecting stuff

-no breast feeding – why did little Britain just flash before my eyes?

– no combinations of the above

anything else I should avoid?

now all I need is a date!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

andysbeans – you got it in one 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 255 total)

The topic ‘Dating tips for a middle aged man – please!’ is closed to new replies.